Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    In our state you already have to pass a back Ground check three weeks before you go to se someone in Jail

You Go Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Sheriff Joe Arpaio says one man decides who gets to visit an incarcerated loved one. "I run the jail. I decide who goes in there."

"I run the jail and I have to be careful for security reasons."

Arpaio says screening jail visitors is nothing new. Since 2004, over 1,600 people with felony criminal histories have been turned away when trying to visit a Maricopa County jail inmate.
    ... Sheriff Joe...you gotta love this guy. If our politicians had half the balls Joe does...America would be in great shape. Wait until you hear the bleeding hearts, illegals and their support groups scream about this. ACLU will be after Joe too.

Have you ever heard how Joe feels about the ACLU,it aint pretty I see if i can find the paper ....

This man is not only amazing, he is 100% correct.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbaby
    Sheriff Joe should be doing homeland security.He totally rocks!
    Guts galore this guy has...

I wonder what qualifications one has to have to be head of Homeland Security. This sheriff secure our country, follow the laws, and get self-deportation going in less then a year.

I'm going to go post this on our town board. Wonder if Illinois, our county, does this. Somehow I think not...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A guy who gets it, and does something about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    A guy who gets it, and does something about it!!!

Yes! And refuses to be intimidated by threats from activists, the ACLU, or anyone else. Heck, he's even been visited unexpectedly by Amnesty International after complaints from the Mexican Government and they got nothin' on him either.

Like he says, if criminals don't like his jails, then they can just not bother doing anything else in Maricopa County to find themselves back there.

GOD he's good, he really gets it doesn't he!! Can't we clone him

Hello Wreath!! Looks like your doing great!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Illegal immigrants banned from visiting people at county jails
    Associated Press
    Aug. 8, 2007 05:33 PM

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has banned illegal immigrants from visiting people in his jails.

Arpaio said the ban was another part of his plan to crack down on illegal immigration in the biggest urban center in Arizona, the nation's busiest illegal entry point.

Arpaio, known for making inmates wear pink underwear and take part in old-style chain gangs, said illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to visit people in jail because the border-crossers themselves have committed a crime by sneaking into the country.

"How can I let a criminal go into the jail to visit criminals?" Arpaio asked.

The ban wasn't prompted by specific abuses by immigrants who visited people in the jails, said Arpaio, who is vowing to arrest any jail visitors found to be in the country illegally.

The new policy, which takes effect in 10 days, drew criticism from immigrant rights advocates who said Arpaio was treating immigrants inhumanely.

Elias Bermudez, chief executive of Immigrants Without Borders, said the families of illegal immigrants in Arpaio's jail ought to be able to visit their incarcerated relatives.

Arpaio's crackdown on illegal immigration also was ruining the trust that police officers in neighboring jurisdictions had built in immigrant communities, Bermudez said.

"Everyone is talking about not cooperating with the police anymore," Bermudez said.

In addition to arresting more than 600 people under the state's immigrant smuggling law, Arpaio had 120 deputies and jail officers specially trained in enforcing federal immigration law.

He also has set up a hotline for people to report information about illegal immigrants.

Immigrant rights advocates said Wednesday that they were setting up four phone lines for people to report racial profiling allegations that have arisen out of Arpaio's hotline.

"This is about the rights of everybody," said Democratic state Rep. Steve Gallardo of Phoenix, a supporter of the hotlines set up by the immigrant rights advocates.

While the groups suspect Arpaio's hotline has led to racial profiling, Gallardo said the purpose of the phone lines set up by immigrant rights advocates is to document such allegations.

Arpaio said his officers don't racially profile people and that deputies have treated the 1,000 tips received since July 20 with great care. The hotline has led to eight arrests.

"They are not going to scare me away," Arpaio said of immigrant rights advocates.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... N.html#

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123