Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gaz

Sheriffs Remarks divide community(NC)

JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. -
    Remarks from the Johnston County Sheriff regarding race have divided members of the community.

Some are outraged, while others stand behind Sheriff Steve Bizzell’s remarks about illegal immigrants.

The News and Observer on Sunday published an article where Sheriff Bizzell was quoted saying that Mexicans are "trashy" and illegal immigrants "breed like rabbits." Monday, the newspaper published an apology written by the sheriff.

Tuesday the ACLU requested records to make sure Johnston County authorities have been following state laws in regards to ethnic profiling. The next day the Johnston County attorney said his office has no plans to reply to that request, saying that Bizzell’s private attorney has the documents and will handle the matter.

Sheriff Bizzell declined to comment, but his remarks are still the talk of the county.

At a small Latino grocery and convenience store in Smithfield, Sheriff Bizzell's remarks are splashed across the local Latino newspaper. William Arzola, an immigrant from Venezuela who is now an American citizen, said the comments are hurtful because every race has people who can break the law.

"It's really mean when he said when he put the whole community in one box, Latinos. We are more than one country we are more than one culture,â€

I believe he was speaking of the Frankie Brooks death. Is that correct?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    I'm not too sure as i've only been in wake co for 3 yrs.

DONE!

Sheriff Bizzell was referencing the killing of Marcus Lassiter while he was playing in his yard. Hipolito Hernandez ran him down with his vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    I'm not too sure as i've only been in wake co for 3 yrs.
    No I did a search and it's another case. Sorry. I now see it was Lasister.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"He was referring to the case of Hipolito Hernandez, who was charged in the hit-and-run death of Marcus Lassiter, 7, in April. Hernandez has been charged with drunk driving in Johnston County at least four times in the last four years. "

Gogo, Hernandez initially gave the cops "Pollo" as his name. They later found out pollo means "chicken".
    I remember this one well. Little Marcus was in a coma for several days and was taken off life support. Breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    "He was referring to the case of Hipolito Hernandez, who was charged in the hit-and-run death of Marcus Lassiter, 7, in April. Hernandez has been charged with drunk driving in Johnston County at least four times in the last four years. "

Gogo, Hernandez initially gave the cops "Pollo" as his name. They later found out pollo means "chicken".
    I remember this one well. Little Marcus was in a coma for several days and was taken off life support. Breaks my heart.
    Thanks florgal. It seems we are getting more and more of these and keeping tract of the different crimes is getting hard. These are just the tip of the iceberg. There are many that the msm is not even reporting on.

Gaz
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal

I rember when Little Marcus was hit.......my god when will it end.

Tuesday the ACLU requested records to make sure Johnston County authorities have been following state laws in regards to ethnic profiling.
    So the ACLU wants to be sure that law enforcement follows all the laws, but they have no problem with illegals who ignore and break any laws they wish.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    Tuesday the ACLU requested records to make sure Johnston County authorities have been following state laws in regards to ethnic profiling.
    So the ACLU wants to be sure that law enforcement follows all the laws, but they have no problem with illegals who ignore and break any laws they wish.
    That's right. They should be called the Anti-American Citizen Law Union.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast