Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is there anywhere we can read the actual bill - as in how it will look when they vote?

I am so fearful of their tacking something on it - or hiding some form of amnesty.

Now we may have their backs against the wall, I'll admit - but leopards don't change their spots.

I'll admit, I'm always looking for the 'other half of the story.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To my fellow Idahoans:

Today, I called Rep. Sali's office. Told the staffer that Sali is STILL NOT a co-sponsor of the bill and what a huge embarassment for Idaho. The staffer did not know anything about the bill. huh? So I read him the info from NumbersUSA. I also told him I check every few days to see if he signed on, so I would like to see his name SOON.

I confirmed with the staffer that Sali was at the House on Tuesday, when Shuler introduced the bill. Staffer said yes, definitely he was there. (so what the hell is he waiting for??).

Anyhoo, you guys up in northern Idaho, have you called Simpson's office? His local number is (20 334-1953. I will call him too. Oh, if you want to call Sali, his local number is (20 336-9831. Bill number is HR 4088.

GO IDAHOANS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!]
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Is there anywhere we can read the actual bill - as in how it will look when they vote?

I am so fearful of their tacking something on it - or hiding some form of amnesty.

Now we may have their backs against the wall, I'll admit - but leopards don't change their spots.

Trixie, check it out here (it says here 105 co-sponsors so far!!):
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h4088:

The latest infor from Roy Beck, NumbersUSA, today, Nov. 15, 2007:

Date: Wednesday 14NOV07 4:30 pm. EST

Nation's small businesses & electrical unions endorse SAVE Act mandatory verification for hires

DEAR SUPPORTERS OF 'ATTRITION THROUGH ENFORCEMENT & SELF DEPORTATION' OF ILLEGAL ALIENS,

Rep. Heath Shuler's SAVE Act (H.R. 408 got a gigantic boost today toward being the next major improvement in enforcement against illegal immigration.
    The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), representing more than 600,000 small businesses in every state endorsed SAVE's requirement that every employer run every new hire (and eventually old hires) through the electronic E-Verify system to ensure that illegal aliens don't get American jobs. It said the bill strikes a “fair balance between increased enforcement and limiting regulatory burdens placed on small business.â€

I have been constantly emailing my US REP Allyson Schwartz (D-PA) about illegal alien legislation. She is one who by her voting record, is pro-illegal (D+).

This will hurt her 3rd bid for Congress.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Trixie, check it out here (it says here 105 co-sponsors so far!!):
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h4088:
    I don't trust it either. I wonder if they are trading this to allow illegal aliens already here amnesty.
    AND WHERE IS JEFF SESSIONS- I THOUGHT HE APPROVED OF THIS BILL- BUT I ONLY SEE PETE SESSIONS?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My Congressman hasn't signed on to this bill yet.He probably has some reservations about it,as I do.I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.Any bill that does enforcement in increments, over four years, allows too much time for fraud,abuse,and skirting the law.NO bill is far superior to a probable watered down SAVE bill.Show me some enforcement of our current law and I might believe.

Butterbean wrote:
    AND WHERE IS JEFF SESSIONS- I THOUGHT HE APPROVED OF THIS BILL- BUT I ONLY SEE PETE SESSIONS?

Jeff Sessions is a Senator not a Congressman.

NumbersUSA stands firmly behind this bill and says it's the best bill possible at this time and they see NO drawbacks of significance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeDome
    My Congressman hasn't signed on to this bill yet.He probably has some reservations about it,as I do.I'm taking a wait and see attitude on this one.Any bill that does enforcement in increments, over four years, allows too much time for fraud,abuse,and skirting the law.NO bill is far superior to a probable watered down SAVE bill.Show me some enforcement of our current law and I might believe.
    IMO, we need to "phase in" this bill in, over four years. Presently, only 1% of employers use the govt'd verification system. If legislation mandated 100% compliance, the system would break.

If this bill passes, I suspect the govt. will whin about the verification system being overwhelmed. This will be an excuse to slow it down and/or give someone a fat contract to upgrade the system.

Presently, we have NO ENFORCEMENT at the WORKPLACE. So, a "phased in" enforcement is a step in the right direction. Passing this will slow down illegal immigration and even start national self deportation.

I understand your position, but no one has a magic wand that will immediately secure the border, turn off the job magnet and eliminate social benefits for illegal aliens.

If this bill helps us get the job done - I'll take two dozen similar bills, rather than a single compreshensive enforce bill.

This may be the only immigration bill passed, before the election. It's a single element that we need. Please consider supporting it, and if successful, we can build upon it. We can work together to get a 2nd and 3rd bill passed. Passing this legislation will give our side more momentum.

Respectfully,
    magyart

I think one of the reasons people have reservations about this bill is it's co-author/chief Dem. sponsor. Heath Schuler so far has been good on immigration/border issues, but the fact remains that he's a willing pawn of Nancy Pelosi and owes his election to her and Rahm Emmanuel.

Now, I don't buy into the nut roots conspiratorial assertion that Rahm is stage-engineering support for the Tancredo-Schuler bill from behind the scenes, but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if he was sending subtle signals behind the scenes to House Dems to support this bill in order to bolster Shrillary's deflating presidential campaign.

That being said, I still think this is a good bill-the best chance we've had to enact real immigration reform and border enforcement without catering to the illegal alien lobby since the last Congress-and I think the fact that it already has nearly a quarter of the House of Reps behind it is a very positive sign.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast