Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Singing National Anthem In English Unanimously Approved

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_85485.asp

Singing National Anthem In English Unanimously Approved
    posted May 9, 2006

U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander Tuesday announced that Monday night the Senate unanimously approved his resolution affirming that the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States should be recited or sung in English.

Senate Democrats had been objecting to passage of the resolution since its introduction on May 1, but last night the objection was dropped and the resolution, cosponsored by 12 Republican senators, was approved by unanimous consent.

“Americans instinctively understand that while diversity is important, unity is more precious,” Sen. Alexander said. “That is why we pledge allegiance to an American flag instead of the flags of the countries from which our forefathers immigrated, why the principles we debate are found in our founding documents, why we give rights to individuals rather than to groups, and why we honor our common language, English.

“This is not about what we are free to do; it is about what we ought to do. At the opening of the Senate each day, or at a football game, or at a Boy or Girl Scout meeting, we are free to sing or say our national symbols in any language we please, but we ought to sing and say them in our common language, English,” he added.

Sen. Alexander’s resolution states:

“Therefore, be it Resolved, That the Senate affirms that statements or songs that symbolize the unity of the Nation, including the National Anthem, the Oath of Allegiance sworn by new United States citizens, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States, should be recited or sung in English, the common language of the United States.”
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would have preferred unanimous consent from the US Senate to HB 4437 about 5 months ago when it was passed by the US House of Representatives and sent to the US Senate for its "bicameral" support.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

On Frist's VOLPAC he is making it sound if it is the greatest thing ever. Even if the borders are unprotected.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I'll take any victory at this point. The worm has to turn at some point and this may be it. I'm the kind that digs in until I get what I want or I've got the opposition on the run. I'm going to write Lamar Alexander and thank him for his wisdom and understanding of what our nation wants and diserves. I suggest we all do the same. I'm sure all the Congressmen would like to be receiving nice letters form America right now. If we show a little appreciation, then we may receive more support from Congress. Not that we can't throw in the that we want the passage of HR 4437 too. You know, like good job and we want this too. Don't leave them thinking the resolution was enough.

Lamar Alexander's contact form
    http://alexander.senate.gov/index.cf...n=Contact.Home

My Letter:
    Dear Senator Alexander,

Thank you for bringing forth and obtaining passage of the resolution, which appreciates the importance and significance of the English language, in matters concerning national unity. God Bless America!

Also, please support and pass HR 4437, oppose increasing the number of annualy issued Visas and oppose the Dream Act and it's counterpart the American Dream Act.

Thank You,
    X

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While these idiots waste time trying to "appease" We The People by further destroying the 1st Amendment, hoping that we'll take this as a victory, they're working feverishly behind closed doors for a GUEST WORKER/AMNESTY PROGRAM.

Please don't take the bait............they should be rebuked for further eroding our Constitution. With all due respect, the "take what we can get" mind set is what got us in this horrible position in the first place, imho. I'm not willing to bend one fraction of an inch.

my 2 cents
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am most definitely appeased I bet they really think this will make it all better. IDIOTS!!!