Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Six arrested in Bastrop County human smuggling investigation

(Bastrop county is southeast of Austin, a sanctuary, illegal alien friendly, drug and human smuggling city.)

Six arrested in Bastrop County human smuggling investigation

by Rebekah Hood
    kvue.com
    Posted on July 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Updated yesterday at 3:34 PM

Bastrop County Sheriff SWAT team members and immigration officials arrested six Hispanic males Wednesday they say are involved in human smuggling.

County deputies had received information that there were several male illegal immigrants being held against their will at 1358 FM 1704.

Four of the arrested men are said to be involved with human smuggling. The two victims say they had been brought in to the country and held for several days. They also said their captors threatened to hurt them if they tried to leave; the smuggling suspects also reportedly called the victims' families in Guatemala, demanding more money for their release. Investigators believe that an additional 10 illegal immigrants were just taken from the residence to another location on Tuesday.

"Instances of human trafficking and human smuggling have evolved into a very profitable industry and are becoming a significant problem in the area," said Sheriff Terry Pickering. "It is not uncommon for smuggled people to be subjected to physical and sexual abuse while being held hostage in exchange for additional smuggling fees."

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is investigating this case and attempting to identify everyone involved in the human smuggling ring.
    http://www.kvue.com/news/Six-Hispani...-98033329.html

I am ashamed of my fellow Texans and my Governor for allowing Austin to become a sanctuary city and Texas to be overrun with illegal invaders!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I am ashamed of my fellow Texans and my Governor for allowing Austin to become a sanctuary city and Texas to be overrun with illegal invaders!!

if we are not careful, bill white will get elected and then he will make the entire state a sanctuary state