Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Six of out 10 Spaniards say migrants too numerous

http://www.newkerala.com/news.php?actio ... s&id=76232

Posted on 30 Dec 2005 # Reuters

Six of out 10 Spaniards say migrants too numerous
    MADRID: Six out of 10 Spaniards think there are too many immigrants in Spain while immigration was cited as the country's second biggest problem, a survey showed today.

The survey, carried out by state pollsters CIS among 2,485 Spanish adults, showed that 59.6 percent thought there were too many immigrants while 33.3 percent thought they were quite a lot, but not too many.

When Spaniards were asked what they thought Spain's three biggest problems were immigration was the second most popular response after unemployment.

Spain's healthy economy and particularly its booming construction sector have attracted hundreds of thousands of migrants in recent years.

Earlier this year the government angered some of its European Union peers when it gave work permits to 700,000 immigrants who had been working in Spain illegally.

Most of Spain's migrants come from Latin America, Morocco and sub-Saharan Africa.

Many immigrants risked their lives to get to Spain crossing the stretch of water separating it from Africa in rickety boats.

Another method is to leap over the fences of Spain's North African enclaves Ceuta and Melilla and earlier this year hundreds of migrants stormed the razor-wire topped barriers in several mass assaults. Eleven were killed.

Spain sent the army to guard the fences, but after troops were withdrawn this month, seven African migrants made it across the fence into Melilla on Thursday, the government said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

oh come on Spain - step up to the plate- you can squeeze 20 million more in - I know you can!

When Spaniards were asked what they thought Spain's three biggest problems were immigration was the second most popular response after unemployment.
    If the Spaniards engaged in a little deductive reasoning they would likely conclude that their number two problem is the overwhelming cause of the number one problem. So, what they say is the number two problem is very likely really number one as well. But, I suppose Spaniards like Americans are too politically correct indoctrinated to face reality and tell the whole truth -- but at least they almost got to it.

BlueHills--right on!! The illegal immigrant problem is the reason they have an unemployment problem.

Too bad Vicente didn't know and he could have boated several million back to their Spanish Roots. Gee, that would be the La Reconquista of all wouldn't it? The Hispanics re-taking Spain?

Does this make sense or is it just redundant. Well, anyway, anything to get their "eyes off US".

"Vicente....S P A I N.....S P A I N.....S P A I N.....S P A I N....is caaalling you, Vicente". "Come home to S P A I N , Vicente, Come home to S P A I N"! "S P A I N waaants you, Vicente... Send your people to S P A I N".

Vicente look likes the kind of guy that could hear voices, so I'm sending him mental messages.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn