Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Social Security numbers on Utah immigrant list reviewed

Social Security numbers on Utah immigrant list reviewed

Published: Sunday, Aug. 1, 2010 7:18 a.m. MDT
    14 comments

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah attorney general's office says three dozen Social Security numbers that appeared on a list of purported illegal immigrants will be reviewed to see if they were involved in any violations of state law.

Spokesman Paul Murphy says only two of the 36 numbers on the list were valid. He says the state will investigate to see if any numbers were used fraudulently.

The AG's office is investigating whether two Department of Workforce Services employees compiled the list. The department alleges the employees inappropriately accessed private data to create the list, which was sent to law enforcement and news media.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Utah has asked the Department of Homeland Security to condemn the list. A DHS spokesman says the department doesn't believe the list has been used for any investigations.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... cid=rss-30
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's nice to see that they are looking into the possibility of fraudulent us of SSNs. This may help those out whose real numbers they could be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Checking social security numbers should be mandatory any way. Duh.
    I don't like the way this started, but if possitive changes are made.
    The list makers are hero's.

Chase down the illegals not the US citizens!

Rather than going after the people who put together the list, identifying potential law breakers, our law and government are going after the people who stood up to save America?

Sounds like what happened on the border when brave border patrol shot illegal criminals and got arrested by the Feds.

Banned
    "identifying potential law breakers,"
    THEN PUT MY NAME IN THE DAMN PAPER.
    Who knows? I may be the next "POTENTIAL FRIKIN LAW BREAKER".

It's a shame when our citizens are pushed so far that they have to break the law to get the government to do what they should have been doing in the first place. Isn't there anyone in any agency overseeing the use of fradulent social security numbers? Hmmm, think I will see if I can find some information about that.

I found an article "The Growing Cost of Illegal Immigration to Social Security" and its contents is very disturbing considering how it ultimately affects all of our SS retirement benefits -- and it all starts with fraudulent use of social security numbers by illegals for employment. See http://www.tscl.org/NewContent/102880.asp

i say investigate every single number
    to make sure its good and belongs to the person is given too.
    to make sure it doesnt belong to an american OR a child.
    if anyone is getting any benefits, they just return the benefits and face charges punishable to the fullest extent of the law. Not just simple time served or probation

How can they use this info to prosecute illegals, and at the same time prosecute the people who created this info?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)