Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That is exactly my view. Its one thing to not learn the language to be able to communicate effectively, its another to whine because you didn't take the time to learn just the basics...enough so you could take part in shaping our countries future through voting.
    If your not willing to take the time to learn the very basics of a language to cast your vote, you don't deserve it.
    Exactly! They want us to be responsible for their self-inflicted wounds. Then, turn right around and call me a "racist" because I don't agree with their foolish logic, that has placed them into these predicaments! All because, THEY ENTERED THIS COUNTRY THE WRONG WAY, ILLEGALLY! And now they want us to feel pity for their choices, and get mad and call us names because we don't agree with their "errors in logic!"

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    According to Angie Diaz with the Colorado Progressive Coalition in a press release, thousands of Spanish speaking voters are not finding translators available, have experienced delays in receiving translation assistance and may not get to vote today.
    Well then Angie, why are YOU out there offering your translation services?

How did these "citizens" pass the US citizenship test when ENGLISH is required?
    eva dang dentley they are not learning enough English to become a citizen, just why should them voting and exercising their right be at our expense...it is their personal responsibility to learn English!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I voted by mail. I received my ballot two weeks before the election. It was printed in both English and Spanish. When I completed it, I put in my personal post box in front of my house for the mail carrier to pick up, as he/she all does other outgoing mail. This only required one telephone call on my part (to request a mail-in ballot) and two trips from my house to my own post box in front of my home in order to vote. How much less "inconvenient" can they make it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bunch of whining losers. During the recall election in CA many of us had to vote on Spanish ballots because they ran out of English ones, nobody did any translating for us.

I even reported this to the newspaper but they didn't print it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Update:

Josie Alvarez of the Colorado Progress Coalition stands on the sidewalk with other demonstrators in front of the Ice Haus voting center on Tuesday in Greeley. Spanish speakers are encountering problems at the polls due to a lack of translators and no ballots printed in Spanish.

Updated article in the trib with a response from the County Clerk and Recorder:

A group of Spanish speaking voters plan a protest from noon-2 p.m. today in downtown Greeley because they say they are encountering problems at the polls.

According to Angie Diaz with the Colorado Progressive Coalition in a press release, thousands of Spanish speaking voters are not finding translators available, have experienced delays in receiving translation assistance and may not get to vote today.

A group of those voters plan to demonstration on 8th Avenue between 10th and 7th streets from noon-2 p.m., with signs and protests.

Diaz, in the press release, charged that Weld County Clerk Steve Moreno hired bilingual poll workers at only two of the 11 voting centers, despite written assurances to non-profit organizations that translators would be provided at no less than five centers. She said in addition, any volunteer willing to stay at the polls to provide translation assistance was only allowed to translate for up to two voters total.

In addition, Diaz said Moreno changed the mail-in ballot drop off locations over the weekend, which denied many Spanish speakers the right to mail their ballots in.

She said the two polling sites available today are inaccessible without a vehicle, and inconvenient for any voter who has to work, has children, or does not have a car. Both locations are without convenient access to city public transportation, she said.

Steve Moreno, Weld County Clerk and Recorder, said Spanish translators were at eight of the 11 precinct sites today and that all election laws were being followed.

"I don't know where they're getting this information," he said. "We're within the law right now."

Moreno said there were five mail-in drop offs out of 34 election sites around the county over the weekend. "It's a manpower issue," he said. "I'd probably need 34 more people" to allow drop-offs at every county election site.

He said the election office's phone center had received one call this morning asking if a Spanish-speaking translator could be sent to a voting center in west Greeley. Translators are available over the phone or to be dispatched to a precinct voting center if a voter needs assistance, he said.

Moreno added that Spanish-language voting instructions only need to be provided if a county meets the federal threshold, based on Census data, for a percentage of Spanish speakers. He said Weld County, based on the 2000 Census, does not meet that threshold.

All the more reason as to why this country MUST declare English as the official language! No more of this (only those who speak spanish seemingly have an issue) bi-lingual non-sense!

If you want to come to this country and participate in our society, then you speak English! I do not care what language you speak at home or on the bus. However, if you want to go to school, vote, or do any other of those things that we as a society engage in - you MUST speak English!

If learning enough basic English in order to fill out a simply ballot is not important enough to you, then you shouldn't be in this country, much less voting in our elections!

I can only imagine if they were required to speak English in order to collect welfare and WIC benefits, THEY WOULD FIGURE IT OUT!

Isnt that just too bad. Translators cant be available for every single Hispanic that wants one. If a LEGAL Hispanic wants to vote they dont need a translator. The choice for president is Obama or McCain. Who needs someone to translate that? THEY JUST WANT TO BE PLAY VICTIMS AND COMPLAIN THAT THEIR VOTES HAVE BEEN DISENFRANCHISED.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe Angie Diaz should have held some "basic voting classes" to teach non english speakers how to vote over the last few weeks instead of waiting for the fallout and then claiming foul just so she can protest.

I go to vote and have to wait in a line to vote, I can chose not to vote and leave if the convenience is more important to me than voting. Non-english speakers can leave if waiting for a translator is too inconvenient as well.

miguelina......I love your button, you are so right! They both have sole out this country for VOTES from an "illegal class of people". Who shouldn't be here in the first place.

They both have agreed to "in the very near future "give the people who broke into our country illegally, citizenship when it's not due them.

And this amnesty by default, it's coming up for a vote again, trust me! (I plan to be ready for them with an affirmative answer from legal Americans, should they stay and get amnesty by default or should they Go Back?)Between now and the next five years according to; "Rahm Emanuel [a Democratic congressman from Illinois] has said publicly that he doesn't believe that they will be able to get the full-scale amnesty passed until the second term of the next president,"

Report: Dems discussing five-year amnesty plan for illegal aliens: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Defa ... x?id=67357

Question: If someone broke into your house and helped himself to your possessions do you capitulate and give him your car too?

That's like excusing then rewarding the crime of a thief who has broken into your house, who also has the nerve to ask for more of your possession that he has already helped himself too when he broke in.

Then have the nerve to demand that you not call them a thief and a criminal. Well if you break the law your a criminal. They broke the U S Law of illegal entry by alien, when they made a conscious decision to hop that fence and come in the wrong way.

This stuff is pure foolishness allowed to be believed as truth and right.

The treasonous leaders in Washington needs a "washing"

Keep in mind that illegal invaders are already having a direct impact/influence on our elections simply by being here, irrespective of whether they cast a vote or not! The number of electorial votes is determined by the number of represenatives each state has. The number of represenatives each state has is determined decennially by the US Census. the US Census does not distinguish between those here illegally or legally. They are merely counting bodies.

Therefore, there are states that no doubt are worth more electorial votes because of their significant illegal invader populations! Essentially, it's quite possible our entire political system is being tainted from within because of illegal immigration.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast