Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speaker Nancy Pelosi statement in support of DREAM act

July 5, 2007 -- San Francisco, CA - Speaker Nancy Pelosi released the following statement in support of the DREAM Act:

Thank you for gathering today to raise your voices in support of the DREAM Act. I have long been a supporter of the DREAM Act and am proud to reaffirm my support. I promise to continue working toward its passage to ensure a meaningful path to legalization and affordable higher education for our nation’s immigrant students.

As undocumented students reach college age, they harbor the same dreams of continuing their education and contributing positively to our society as many other students do. These young adults had no choice in being brought to the U.S. at a young age, yet they face colleges and universities requiring documentation of legal status, prohibitively high tuition rates, and no chance of obtaining federal financial aid for higher education. They face a future filled with uncertainty, in which they are unlikely to work in professions for which they have trained, and are confronted with the specter of deportation at any moment.

I believe that our nation will be stronger if these determined young men and women are given the opportunity to continue their education and realize their full potential. Legislation such as the DREAM Act provides a clear path to legalization for these students and recognizes the immeasurable contributions immigrant families make to our country and our economy.

I salute the young people gathered here. My message to you today is, “know thy power,â€

Re: Speaker Nancy Pelosi statement in support of DREAM act

[quote="Nouveauxpoor"]July 5, 2007 -- San Francisco, CA - Speaker Nancy Pelosi released the following statement in support of the DREAM Act:

Thank you for gathering today to raise your voices in support of the DREAM Act. I have long been a supporter of the DREAM Act and am proud to reaffirm my support. I promise to continue working toward its passage to ensure a meaningful path to legalization and affordable higher education for our nation’s immigrant students.

As undocumented students reach college age, they harbor the same dreams of continuing their education and contributing positively to our society as many other students do. These young adults had no choice in being brought to the U.S. at a young age, yet they face colleges and universities requiring documentation of legal status, prohibitively high tuition rates, and no chance of obtaining federal financial aid for higher education. They face a future filled with uncertainty, in which they are unlikely to work in professions for which they have trained, and are confronted with the specter of deportation at any moment.

I believe that our nation will be stronger if these determined young men and women are given the opportunity to continue their education and realize their full potential. Legislation such as the DREAM Act provides a clear path to legalization for these students and recognizes the immeasurable contributions immigrant families make to our country and our economy.

I salute the young people gathered here. My message to you today is, “know thy power,â€
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

[quote]I salute the young people gathered here. My message to you today is, “know thy power,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wait until a whole bunch of these illegals go to law school, on our tax dollars, and, following graduation, hook up with the ACLU or some other radical and pro-amnesty group, and cause our country a ton of trouble. Idiots like Queen Nancy can't see past their elitist noses.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Wait until a whole bunch of these illegals go to law school, on our tax dollars, and, following graduation, hook up with the ACLU or some other radical and pro-amnesty group, and cause our country a ton of trouble. Idiots like Queen Nancy can't see past their elitist noses.
    Ninth Circuit to Make Judicial History with First
    Panel of Hispanic Judges
    http://www.alipac.us./modules.php?name= ... ic&t=72454

Instead of discourageing Illegals, this just gives them yet another reason to want to sneak into America! YOU GET THE COLLEGE EDUCATION IN AMERICA!

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    THIS is so true! They will have our constitution so twisted to meet their agenda, it will become unrecognizable! Scary.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

We have to make it a priority to defeat the "Dream (i.e., nightmare) Act."

This proposal is another kick in the teeth to middle class citizens and legal immigrants who play by the rules.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nouveauxpoor wrote:
    Ninth Circuit to Make Judicial History with First
    Panel of Hispanic Judges
    Laughed so hard my ribs ache.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I can only hope that something like the amnesty label gets attached
    to the NIGHTMARE act. Americans will react strongly to the injustice
    of legal American citizens having to pay out-of-state tuition rates. I
    hope there is massive political backlash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast