Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A few years ago he unscrupulously pressed the federal government to bail out a failing Puerto Rican bank operated by his wife and several major political donors. Nine hundred and thirty five million taxpayer dollars later, the bank is still struggling and losing huge sums.

Before that Gutierrez was embroiled in a separate scandal involving a political donor who benefitted from his influence in obtaining suspicious zoning changes in Chicago. Gutierrez heavily lobbied the city's mayor to back a controversial multi million-dollar development for a campaign donor who had just given him $200,000.
    this is the first i have heard of either of these two scandals
    $935 Million Dollars and the bank is still failing? i wonder if he is going to try to get it more money.

This is disgusting and absurd.

But Luis, we don't want to separate families of illegal aliens, we want to keep the families together, therefore they should be deported together.

There ya go, no need to sob about "separating families".

What's that you say? The illegal aliens want to leave their kids behind?!?! What kind of parent would abandon their own kids? Ohh, I see, it's all about the MONEY. If ma and pa illegal stay here with their anchors they can continue to suck at the taxpayer funded teat, eh? They can't money for nothing in their countries, I see.

Well Luis, no one told them to have kids they could not afford to support now, did they? Too bad, so sad. Keep the families together, deport them together.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

So who exactly is Gutierrez and his merry band going to be speaking too on this tour ? My guess is he will be preaching to the choir and they will all be on a great Big Pitty Pot.

This is not what our Reps. are paid to do.Stirring the pot and telling Illegal Alien law breakers they are right and the USA is wrong !! I think in this case calling him a Traitor to the USA and our Laws is spot on !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

We should give them a group of our own citizens and their stories, like how they have no jobs because the illegal took it. These people took the risk of coming here and put themselves in the position they are in. We didn't!! Why should our people suffer for someone else blatantly breaking our laws? Take the kids with you!!!!!!!!

I agree kiara. We should put our people out there victims of I.A. crimes as well the whole list of names and american families who have been destroyed because these lawless people roam the streets. Lists of hospitals that have had to close because they take advantage of our health care and don't pay for it! The cost of educating their children. The numbers per state of I.A.'s on benifits and how broke those states are because of the pandering to them. This guy is a sham and his only concern is for people of latino descent and figuring out how he can play on peoples sympthathy and guilt to get what he wants. If he was truly concerned about these people he would be working in their own countries to make things better so they wouldn't have to live like they do!

American citizens are numb to this kind of pity party. We have recently heard how many illegals are taking advantage of our welfare system (70% according to one source) and we've seen them marching in the streets with their demands for more, more, more. Enough is enough. When Americans commit crimes, they are separated from their families while they sit in prison. We keep hearing how illegals want the benefits of citizenship so there you go - enforce the laws and let them sit in prison just like natural born citizens who break the law.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ON TO HOUSTON, AUSTIN AND DALLAS AFTER SUCCESSFUL FIRST TOUR STOPS IN PROVIDENCE, BOSTON: REP. GUTIERREZ SAYS PDF Print

"Campaign for American Children and Families" Visits Three Texas Cities
    (April 9-10) to Spotlight U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens Whose
    Families Are Being Split By Deportations

(Washington, DC) – After successfully launching a multi-city tour last week in Washington to lift up the voices of families around the country whose lives are being turned upside down by deportations (link to March 31 press release: http://bit.ly/g1ZWgj), Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL-4) participated in packed tour events in Providence and Boston over the weekend. This coming weekend, the Congressman will participate in tour events in Houston (April 9), Austin (April 9) and Dallas (April 10).

Almost 400,000 people are deported each year and approximately four million U.S. citizen children have at least one parent who could be deported under current law. Each tour stop will include petitions to President Obama asking him to use his power under existing law to spare immigrants with deep equities in the U.S. -- including citizen family members, military service, and eligibility for the DREAM Act -- from the fear of deportation. Tour stops will typically include a large church gathering with the testimony of these families and students and others caught in the unprecedented number of deportations currently taking place. The tour will stop in at least twenty cities and will continue throughout at least April and May.

Texas Events April 9-10

* HOUSTON, TX: Saturday April 9 | 12 noon | Church Cosecha Final | 8823 Frey Road | Houston, TX 77034-3501
    * AUSTIN, TX: Saturday April 9 | 7 pm | Iglesia Catolica Cristo Rey | 2208 East 2nd Street | Austin, TX 78702-4608
    * DALLAS, TX: Sunday April 10 | 3pm | Iglesia Jesucristo Es Mi Refugio | 2929 S. Westmoreland | Dallas, TX 75233

http://www.gutierrez.house.gov/index.ph ... s&Itemid=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12