Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Specter proposes increase in aliens

http://washtimes.com/national/20051125-113236-1437r.htm

By Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    November 26, 2005

A draft immigration bill from Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter calls for dramatic increases in legal immigration, far beyond any of the other major proposals now before Congress.
    Immigration and border security have become the hottest issues in Washington, with senators and members of Congress filing bill after bill to address them. The Senate is preparing for a major debate early next year on an overhaul, including creating a new flow of foreign workers like that contained in the bill by Mr. Specter, Pennsylvania Republican.
    The House, meanwhile, is pushing toward a vote this year specifically on border and immigration enforcement.
    "What we want to do is go home saying we've taken a first step, and it's not just at the hearing level, and we've voted on something," said Rep. Jack Kingston, Georgia Republican and vice chairman of the House Republican Conference.
    The two approaches underscore the difficulty Congress will have in putting together a bill for President Bush to sign, especially when, Mr. Kingston said, the politics of immigration have now joined "race, guns, school prayer, religion and Social Security" as the most volatile issues of American politics.
    As chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Mr. Specter might be able to control flow of the debate in the Senate with his bill. His measure combines provisions from several of his colleagues' bills, including requiring illegal aliens to return home, but only for a short period of time before being let back into the United States on a path to citizenship.
    His biggest addition, though, is the increase in green card totals, or legal immigration.
    A review by NumbersUSA, which advocates lower immigration levels, found that the level of legal, permanent immigration could double from its current level of more than 900,000 in fiscal 2004.
    Rosemary Jenks, the group's director of government affairs, said Mr. Specter increases the cap on family-preference immigrants by 254,000 a year, raises the cap on employment-based visas by 150,000 a year, "recaptures" unused visas and exempts hundreds of thousands of family members from caps as well.
    "My best estimate is more than doubled, so another million a year," she said.
    A brief analysis by Michael M. Hethmon, a lawyer at the Federation for American Immigration Reform, also showed big increases.
    "In terms of mass immigration, they decided the 'something-for-everybody' approach would work," he said
    Mr. Specter's goal in putting out a bill was to jump-start the argument and assert his committee's jurisdiction over the issue. In a letter accompanying his draft, he said he does "not necessarily endorse every provision included."
    In the House, meanwhile, dozens of bills have been filed targeting the current flow of illegal aliens. The House also seems more willing to take up the thorny issue of targeting employers who hire illegal aliens.
    Mr. Kingston said farmers in his district are torn because they don't want to hire illegal aliens but they feel they have to in order to compete with other farmers who hire them.
    "If people can escape from a maximum security prison, they darn sure can get into the U.S.A.," Mr. Kingston said. "The question is why are they getting in. They're getting in because they want a job, and what you have to do is dry up that source."
    The House Homeland Security Committee has approved a bill that would boost personnel and end "catch-and-release," the policy of allowing non-Mexican illegal aliens to go free in the hope they return for a deportation hearing. The bill also expands expedited removal, which should reduce the time needed to send those aliens home.
    Among the other House measures introduced are bills to end birthright citizenship, which grants children of illegal aliens automatic citizenship; to build a barrier system along the border -- either with a fence, or technology, or a combination of the two; to allow local law enforcement to detain illegal aliens for immigration violations and force federal authorities to pick up the aliens; and to increase penalties for employers who hire illegal aliens.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Just one more SELLOUT. And, I used to really LIKE Arlen Specter.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

We have any members from Pennsylvania, if so it's time for some emails and letters writting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes he is just another old traitor to the American people. Most people don't know that Specter is within the circle of the Zionist control freaks like Wolfowitz but he is.

One more traitor on a long and growing list. One more politician that has been in the beltway too long. One more politician that doesn't see the American people as his bosses but sees it the other way around.

If Nature has natural justice then maybe its exacting a small bit of it on Mr Specter. The man is so heinously and hiddeously corrupt that his physical appearance has taken on that of some kind of creature. He literally looks like he has made a deal with the Devil to keep his body alive. Not that we all have to meet Ancient Greek ideals of Beauty, but it is kind of Ironic that his outward appearance has taken on that of which is inside his heart.

I HATE to hear that because I really respected Specter. But, I SURE don't like Wolfowitz nor his ilk.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Does he really think we are going to swallow this?

I mean come on here! GM is talking about laying off 30,000 workers and Spector wants to being IN MORE FORIEGNERS to take Americans jobs! This is insanity! Tar and feather him! He should be tied behind a horse and hauled out of town! JERK!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: Does he really think we are going to swallow this?

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    I mean come on here! GM is talking about laying off 30,000 workers and Spector wants to being IN MORE FORIEGNERS to take Americans jobs! This is insanity! Tar and feather him! He should be tied behind a horse and hauled out of town! JERK!
    Exactly its completely insane. No rational person would be trumpeting more immigration at a time when our own economy could be uncertain. Since the Clinton Administration they have been overestimating our economy which led to the Enron fiasco and the dot.com bust. I can't see how George Bush could sit and tell the Nation with a straight face that everything was just fine and dandy when its clear that its not, especially for people who are not considered white collar. I consider myself very lucky that I was able to get an education, but I realize that this is just not viable for everyone in our society and its not fair to those citizens how the media tries to imply that they wont do jobs illegal aliens will. Well maybe they wont be gardeners for rich people, but even then I know some people who will take care of lawns for a living. What irks me is that these illegals are getting jobs in construction and building and road construction, well I know probably 50 people in my town who would love to have a job like that, but they are stuck at Wal~Mart or gas stations or places like that, and what is for them if our wise leaders decide that we need more of these third worlders who can take their jobs? As evil and corrupt as Wal~Mart is (I know I used to work for them) they will have no problem getting rid of these people to save a couple dollars an hour here and there by hiring these 3rd worlders en mass. Its absolutely disgusting how far the people who "supposedly" work for us have sold us out for 30 pieces of silver. May they all burn in the hell they are creating.

Ive got some vacation time coming up and barring some unseen event out of my control, ive just about made up my mind that Im not going to wait until the problem swallows up my countrymen to the south and then comes to my backyard. I have all but decided that Im going to contact the minutemen and see when they are planning on doing assemblies on the Texas Border and see about joining them at least for a couple of weeks. I know my family wont like this very much, because they will be affraid, but sometimes a man just has to do what a man's got to do. Its getting to the point where my conscience wont let me just merely donate money to causes or give my vocal support.

And, what is REALLY scary, AmericaFirst, is that NOW the white collar jobs are either going overseas OR being filled by LEGAL visa holders who will accept less money for their services. Lou Dobbs is right about the American middle class. It is just fast disappearing and that includes people with good educations because those jobs are going to start disappearing right along with the unskilled jobs.

And, it INFURIATES me when they come out with the unemployment figures and make it SOUND like the economy is just BOOMING. THEY NEVER report what TYPE of jobs those people have been forced to take to replace the decent, good-paying, good-benefit jobs. Like you said, they are either working at Wal-Mart, gas stations, fast food restaurants and I would be willing to bet that A LOT of them only have PART TIME JOBS. In my mind, that is just NOT a realistic assessment of the job picture.