Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stallone attacks Mexican border fence

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/05/D8MF690.html

Here is one more movie that I won't see.

Stallone Attacks Mexican Border Fence

Jan 05 9:45 AM US/Eastern

By ISTRA PACHECO
    Associated Press Writer

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Sylvester Stallone defended boxing, praised the hard work of Mexicans and dished out some jabs against U.S. plans to build a wall on its southern border, as the 60-year-old actor visited Mexico City to promote his sixth "Rocky" film.
    Stallone said Thursday that "Rocky Balboa," the latest installment in the underdog saga of the Italian Stallion, shows an ordinary man fighting back against life's difficulties represented by his stronger ring opponents.

"It's like bullfighting or certain sports where you understand the brutality," he told reporters. "The thing is you have two men who are prepared; two men who have trained for this and know exactly what they're doing. It's not like two strong men attacking strangers."

In "Rocky Balboa," an MGM Pictures release, the aging scrapper is running a restaurant when a computer-simulated bout inspires him to put the gloves back on. In one scene, his character defends his restaurant's immigrant cooks and waiters against slanderous comments.

"I support Mexicans who work in my country," he said, adding that the United States depends on the hard work of Latinos to keep running.

In comments to Mexican media later, Stallone criticized plans to build 700 miles of fence along the border as an immigration-control measure.

Such a fence was "crazy" and "ridiculous," he said, arguing that nations should be able to interact without being divided by walls.

The Mexican government has railed against the fence with former President Vicente Fox comparing it to the Berlin Wall.

___

He's got to get out there and promote that movie so why not say some thing outrageous about a hot topic.

Anyone opposed to the fence, lets put them on the other side of it for a while... I bet they will change their mind by night fall.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course he is going to defend Latinos, most of Hollywood employs them to run their lives: housekeepers, cooks, nannies, landscaping...

adding that the United States depends on the hard work of Latinos to keep running.
    Rocky obviously doesn't think much of Americans.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Well there goes two movie tickets in American he could have had.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

We wont watch it either.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I'm not interested in watching the "has been" ever again. He is a traitor just like Arnie.

Every last one of those elitist Hollywood types are totally out of touch with the pulse of middle America.

I just hope that soon the weight of all the illegals in California will send it tumbling off into the ocean and take all the holier-than-thou types with it.

What should we expect from a Hollywoodite? These fools live and work in la-la-land. Besides, there are certain people in our society that say things and get a lot of attention. But, after further review, we find they are ill-informed and bad sources for information on the given subject. Some of those folk include the Dixie Chicks on politics, Brad Pitt on marital relationships, and Madonna on child rearing. Clearly, we should consider the source and not give him the time of day...nor a dime for his movies. Who could've thought the day would come when we would think Rocky was un-American?
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Yeah, I have had about enough of Hollywood. They are saving me a small fortune since I have been banning all of celebs I don't agree with. Like I need some idiot telling me how to live my life. It does make things easier though. I listen to what they have to say and then do the opposite.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast