Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brian,
    Thanks for posting John and Ken's show. They can get very entertaining, they often crack me up. We'll see.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have already called his office AND sent him a Box of Saltine Crackers to his Capitol address. Wouldn't it be a hoot if he recieved thousands of boxes of crackers at his offices. He wouldn't be able to hide it and it would send a clear message.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Here's an audio file of the Perata's comment, plus a picture from the John and Ken Show. I had to go away for a few hours and missed part of their show, but they appear to be fired up over his comments.

http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/mlib/61 ... 734784.mp3

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

John and Ken, the citizens of the United States THANK YOU !! In fact WE SALUTE BOTH OF YOU!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heard a lot of their show. They just couldn't let the subject go. They found you could order crackers through amazon.com and let their listeners know. Soon they had to tell people amazon was out of crackers. Also Perata's office wasn't taking any more phone calls, people were hung up on if they called. What a day eh?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.signonsandiego.com

Radio hosts, bloggers eat up 'cracker' crack

By Anne Krueger
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    August 5, 2006

Among certain radio talk show hosts, bloggers and their followers, being called a cracker was a high compliment yesterday.

They seized upon a comment made Thursday by state Senate leader Don Perata, D-Oakland, who talked about “all these crackers down in . . . San Diego, taking on the governor” over immigration issues.

Perata, who made the comment during a news conference, was referring to a forum in La Mesa with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger last week where some accused him of being soft on illegal immigration. Schwarzenegger later said he was surprised at the “intensity of the prejudice” of some opponents.

“Cracker” is generally considered a pejorative term for a poor, uneducated Southern white person. Yesterday, some in San Diego County proudly adopted the title.

Barry Jantz, a La Mesa councilman, described himself as a “La Mesa cracker” in a posting yesterday on the political blog FlashReport.org.

“Most of us are simply graham crackers on the question of illegal immigration compared to Arnold's milque-toast and Perata's soggy saltines,” Jantz wrote.

Assemblyman Jay La Suer, R-La Mesa, weighed in with a news release denouncing Perata's comment as irresponsible and divisive and demanded a public apology.

Perata's press secretary, Alicia Trost, said more than 300 messages expressing displeasure were left at the Senate leader's office yesterday morning, and he issued an apology by the afternoon.

“(Thursday) I used a term that was, as I immediately noted, intemperate and was also unfortunate and inappropriate,” he said. “I apologize for the use of that term and reiterate my belief that the vast majority on both sides of the immigration issue are people of good will.”

Perata's initial “crackers” comment, made in response to a question about legislation to give illegal immigrants driver's licenses, was conversation fodder yesterday for radio talk show hosts Rick Roberts and Roger Hedgecock.

Roberts was introduced on his KFMB show as “San Diego's No. 1 cracker on the radio.” Hedgecock, who called Perata a “wacko leftist Democrat,” said the cracker comment was demeaning, stupid and racist.

“Don Perata, much of who you actually are has been revealed here,” the KOGO host said.

La Mesa Mayor Art Madrid, who attended Schwarzenegger's town-hall-style meeting there, said Perata's comment was counterproductive to the immigration debate.

“I learned a long time ago that calling names doesn't serve a purpose,” he said. “I have a thesaurus and I use that when I want to describe people in a positive fashion.”

Although Perata's comment was a hot topic in some parts of town and was the most e-mailed item yesterday on SignOnSanDiego.com, The San Diego Union-Tribune's Web site, others had little interest. About a dozen people interviewed in downtown La Mesa and at Grossmont Center said they weren't aware of the controversy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anne Krueger: (619) 593-4962; anne.krueger@uniontrib.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    “Don Perata, much of who you actually are has been revealed here,” the KOGO host said.
    This is so true. These off the cuff comments by politicians such as himself really show Americans what their conversations are like in private when referring to certain people. Just like the incident with Mel Gibson. He showed a side of himself that was there, but he hid well all this time. It all eventually comes out in the wash folks!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This moron is worse than a racist, he is a traitor to America.

[b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

From the Union Tribune -
    Although Perata's comment was a hot topic in some parts of town and was the most e-mailed item yesterday on SignOnSanDiego.com, The San Diego Union-Tribune's Web site, others had little interest. About a dozen people interviewed in downtown La Mesa and at Grossmont Center said they weren't aware of the controversy.
    That was because the lamestream media didn't tell anyone.

Wonder how many crackers Perata's office has by now?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234