Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State Senators Want Minuteman Project Banned

State Senators Want Minuteman Project Banned
    LAST UPDATE: 5/25/2005 5:47:19 AM
    This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.

AUSTIN (AP) - Some state leaders have a message for the Minuteman Project - wait just a minute.

Eleven Texas senators have filed a resolution objecting to Minuteman Project plans to patrol the Texas-Mexico border in October.

They say the civilian patrols would hurt tourism, trade and the economy, and they're asking for Gov. Rick Perry's help.

The Minuteman Project is a group of civilian volunteers, some armed, who patrolled the Arizona-Mexico border in April. Organizers say the patrols respond to the federal government's failure to secure the border against illegal immigrants, smugglers and potential terrorists.

"I have faith in our law enforcement agencies to do their job," said state Sen. Juan Hinojosa, D-McAllen, one author of the resolution. "The last thing they need is interference from untrained individuals who could ultimately pose serious danger to citizens and immigrants along the border region."

Minuteman Project members could not be reached for comment Monday night.

Perry has said he does not approve of Minuteman tactics, but told the senators they should handle the problem with policy.

"The federal government can and must do more to close the border to illegal immigration," Perry wrote in a letter to the senators. "Until that happens, these kinds of citizen-initiated efforts likely will be the result. If you want to send the Minutemen home, I urge you to make sure we have enough federal agents on the border to secure it."

Information from: The Brownsville Herald, http://www.brownsvilleherald.com

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.as ... C8AE942302
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I have faith in our law enforcement agencies to do their job," said state Sen. Juan Hinojosa, D-McAllen, one author of the resolution. "The last thing they need is interference from untrained individuals who could ultimately pose serious danger to citizens and immigrants along the border region."
    Do their job? Since when are they allowed to do that? Maybe if people like you would untie their hands and allow them to arrest somebody then maybe their would be no need for a MMP. Do their job? Yeah that would be nice if they could. If only bureaucrats like you weren't there to stop them.

Have these guys actually paid any attention to what went on in Arizona last month or do they just like to turn a blind eye and spout off the same propaganda they get from the likes of LaRaza and Maldef all the time?

They say the civilian patrols would hurt tourism, trade and the economy, and they're asking for Gov. Rick Perry's help.
    Translation = We don't want anyone to interfere with the massive horde of cheap labor flooding into the country. We don't want big business to take away our campaign money.

Somebody needs to remind these yahoos just exactly who's government this is anyway and remind these yahoos exactly who they work for again. Oh that's right, that would be for the same MMP and citizens alike that are trying to do the job that these clowns fail to do on a daily basis. It's you work for us, not for the illegal criminal aliens.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Okay, now instead of just being angry with our ineffective government and their refusal to listen to the AMERICAN CITIZENS and to uphold the Constitution - now I'm getting a little scared at the slow erosion of our rights to protect our borders, to protect what our founding fathers fought so very hard for. What will be next? I think the book "1984" is happening.

Are these senators crazy???? Tell me that I can't protect our borders???