Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Steven Seagal May Run for Arizona Governor to Secure Border

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steven Seagal May Run for Arizona Governor to Secure Border

by AWR Hawkins 5 Jan 2014, 11:08 AM PDT
    breitbart.com

Steven Seagal is a 61-year-old actor and member of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's civilian "posse" who says he is ready to run for Arizona governor on a platform of increasing border security.

Seagal has been deputized "with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana."

According to CBS Las Vegas, the actor spent a lot of time with Arpaio while filming "Steven Seagal--Lawman: Maricopa County," and emerged from that thinking about the need to secure the border. He says he discussed his thoughts on a gubernatorial bid with Arpaio but did not provide details of that discussion.

If Seagal does run for statewide office, he has a long history of seeming exaggeration and odd behavior he will have to explain to voters. Vice has a list of Seagal's more outrageous statements which may escaped the attention of many TV viewers and Arizona voters. These include his claim to have "trained CIA operatives," to speak "four languages fluently," and being "clairvoyant... a healer."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...-Secure-Border
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

wow that would be great!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actor Steven Seagal Defends Sheriff Joe, Slams Obama on ‘Open Borders’ (Video)

by Top Right News on
    January 6, 2014

Action movie star Steven Seagal as Arizona governor? Um, no.
    Despite how a question by a Phoenix reporter has been hyped by the national media, Seagal says he “would remotely consider” it, but has “a lot more other responsibilities that may be more important to address.”

But Seagal did strongly defend Maricopa County, AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio against absurd leftist charges of “racism”, and said the top issue facing the U.S. now is our wide open border.

The 61-year-old actor made the comments while promoting the latest season of his reality show Steven Seagal—Lawman: Maricopa County. In the show, Seagal joins forces with Arpaio as a member of the group of civilians who help out the “toughest sheriff in America.”

So, what does Seagal think is the most serious problem facing the country?

Believe it or not I think it’s open borders,” Seagal said. “People are talking about Islamic terrorism in America. I don’t think that at all … I think across these borders any kind of terrorism can come and does come and I think this is a tremendous oversight by the current administration. I think that it’s a crime and I think we should really be paying attention to our borders.” He also strongly defended Arpaio against claims that the reason why he’s so focused on illegal immigration is because he’s racist. “Is Joe Arpaio racist? No, he’s not. And I’m not going to say, I don’t think he’s not—he’s not. He doesn’t care what nationality you are, he cares if you’re a criminal.”

Seagal’s reality show ran for two seasons on A&E and was set in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. His current Arizona show runs on the Reelz network.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=455

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    Actor Steven Seagal Defends Sheriff Joe, Slams Obama on ‘Open Borders’ (Video)

by Top Right News on
    January 6, 2014

Action movie star Steven Seagal as Arizona governor? Um, no.
    Despite how a question by a Phoenix reporter has been hyped by the national media, Seagal says he “would remotely consider” it, but has “a lot more other responsibilities that may be more important to address.”

But Seagal did strongly defend Maricopa County, AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio against absurd leftist charges of “racism”, and said the top issue facing the U.S. now is our wide open border.

The 61-year-old actor made the comments while promoting the latest season of his reality show Steven Seagal—Lawman: Maricopa County. In the show, Seagal joins forces with Arpaio as a member of the group of civilians who help out the “toughest sheriff in America.”

So, what does Seagal think is the most serious problem facing the country?

Believe it or not I think it’s open borders,” Seagal said. “People are talking about Islamic terrorism in America. I don’t think that at all … I think across these borders any kind of terrorism can come and does come and I think this is a tremendous oversight by the current administration. I think that it’s a crime and I think we should really be paying attention to our borders.” He also strongly defended Arpaio against claims that the reason why he’s so focused on illegal immigration is because he’s racist. “Is Joe Arpaio racist? No, he’s not. And I’m not going to say, I don’t think he’s not—he’s not. He doesn’t care what nationality you are, he cares if you’re a criminal.”

Seagal’s reality show ran for two seasons on A&E and was set in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. His current Arizona show runs on the Reelz network.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=455
    Mr Seagal's
    I say good luck you & joe

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    What's wrong with the current Governor of Arizona? Personally, I think she's doing a pretty good job considering what she is up against (the Obama administration).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Out For Justice: Actor Steven Seagal Contemplates Run For Arizona Governor

This article should answer your question MW.
    ~~~

Published January 06, 2014
    Fox News Latino

Actor Steven Seagal is considering running for governor of his home state, Arizona, and says his priorities would be immigration and securing the U.S.-Mexico border.

Seagal, 61, spoke about the possibility during an interview with KNXV-TV about his new reality show, “Steven Seagal – Lawman: Maricopa County.”

Seagal said he has discussed vying for the governor’s post with his kindred spirit, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has made national headlines with his hard-line approach toward undocumented immigrants.

“Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities."

- Steven Seagal

Seagal worked with Arpaio for the reality show, which airs on cable TV's Reelz Channel.

The martial arts expert is a member of Arpaio's posse, made up of 3,000 unpaid civilians. He also has been deputized with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana.

“Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities that may be more important to address,” Seagal said in the interview.

He said border security had been a casualty of being overlooked "by the current administration... I think that it’s a crime."

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, is required to leave her post this year, though she has suggested that she may challenge state laws that preclude her from running for re-election.

Brewer gained national attention for signing SB 1070, a state measure that called for, among other things, police to check the immigration status of people they stop during the course of their work.

Brewer’s argument for Arizona needing its own immigration law was that Congress and the White House had failed to address illegal immigration, thus forcing states to take the matter into their own hands. Other states followed with their own measures, though many were challenged in court, where judges blocked segments from being implemented.

Seven months ago, U.S. District Judge Murray Snow ruled Arpaio’s office systematically singled out Latinos in its trademark immigration patrols and that sheriff’s deputies unreasonably prolonged the detentions of people who were pulled over.

Arpaio said he doesn’t regret getting involved in immigration enforcement and believes his efforts have helped lower crime in the county. He noted the state legislature passed several immigration laws in recent years that he’s duty-bound to enforce. “It was worth the money, and it was worth the effort,” Arpaio said.

Arpaio is appealing the ruling and said it cast an unfavorable and unfair light on his deputies.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...zona-governor/

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    This article should answer your question MW.
    ~~~

Published January 06, 2014
    Fox News Latino

Actor Steven Seagal is considering running for governor of his home state, Arizona, and says his priorities would be immigration and securing the U.S.-Mexico border.

Seagal, 61, spoke about the possibility during an interview with KNXV-TV about his new reality show, “Steven Seagal – Lawman: Maricopa County.”

Seagal said he has discussed vying for the governor’s post with his kindred spirit, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has made national headlines with his hard-line approach toward undocumented immigrants.

“Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities."

- Steven Seagal

Seagal worked with Arpaio for the reality show, which airs on cable TV's Reelz Channel.

The martial arts expert is a member of Arpaio's posse, made up of 3,000 unpaid civilians. He also has been deputized with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana.

“Joe Arpaio and I were talking about me running for governor of Arizona. I would remotely consider it, but I have a lot of other responsibilities that may be more important to address,” Seagal said in the interview.

He said border security had been a casualty of being overlooked "by the current administration... I think that it’s a crime."

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, is required to leave her post this year, though she has suggested that she may challenge state laws that preclude her from running for re-election.

Brewer gained national attention for signing SB 1070, a state measure that called for, among other things, police to check the immigration status of people they stop during the course of their work.

Brewer’s argument for Arizona needing its own immigration law was that Congress and the White House had failed to address illegal immigration, thus forcing states to take the matter into their own hands. Other states followed with their own measures, though many were challenged in court, where judges blocked segments from being implemented.

Seven months ago, U.S. District Judge Murray Snow ruled Arpaio’s office systematically singled out Latinos in its trademark immigration patrols and that sheriff’s deputies unreasonably prolonged the detentions of people who were pulled over.

Arpaio said he doesn’t regret getting involved in immigration enforcement and believes his efforts have helped lower crime in the county. He noted the state legislature passed several immigration laws in recent years that he’s duty-bound to enforce. “It was worth the money, and it was worth the effort,” Arpaio said.

Arpaio is appealing the ruling and said it cast an unfavorable and unfair light on his deputies.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...zona-governor/
    Thanks for the response, Jean, I was not aware she couldn't run again.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    What's wrong with the current Governor of Arizona? Personally, I think she's doing a pretty good job considering what she is up against (the Obama administration).
    I say your 100 & right i say good luck to all three of them she did one hell of a good job but obama don't care about anything but him self he is for all other country's & the hell with us