Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stiffer penalties proposed for illegal immigrants using fake

Jackson, MS 02/08/09
    Stiffer penalties proposed for illegal immigrants using fake ID

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 12:33 AM EST

Updated: Feb 9, 2009 12:34 AM EST

JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - A bill passed in the Senate to crackdown on illegal immigrants who obtain false identification for employment is now headed to the House.

Senate Bill 2144 would enhance the penalties for those who create or use false ID.

Currently, those convicted could face up to 3 years in prison or a $5,000 dollar fine.

Under this bill, they would face up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 dollar fine.

It would also make it a state crime to transport or shelter an illegal immigrant.

Churches, charities and other non-profit agencies would be exempt from the law.

Mississippi is the site of the nation's largest workplace raid on undocumented workers.

Nearly 600 workers at howard industries in laurel were rounded up in august 2008.

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... =menu119_3

Churches, charities and other non-profit agencies would be exempt from the law.

Mississippi is the site of the nation's largest workplace raid on undocumented workers.

Nearly 600 workers at howard industries in laurel were rounded up in august 2008.
    So ACORN can break the laws of rule?
    NO TO TAX EXEMPTION IMMEDIATELY FOR ALL CHURCHES, CHARITIES, AND THE OTHERS....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    NO TO TAX EXEMPTION IMMEDIATELY FOR ALL CHURCHES, CHARITIES, AND THE OTHERS....
    I agree - why should they get a pass? Don't we already have churches that thumb their noses at the law of the land? How many illegal aliens have been holding up in Chicago churches alone? They should be held accountable for their actions like anyone else.
    Senate Bill 2144 would enhance the penalties for those who create or use false ID.
    Anyone who has been a victim of identify theft will appreciate knowing this. I'm not sure it will deter anyone from committing this crime, however. People who commit crimes usually don't think they'll get caught.

That being said, I hope the bill passes.

I agree on the no tax exemption for churches and charities that help illegal aliens.

I also hope this bill passes and other states follow suit immediately. This is a great bill that would make a huge difference in identity theft and the use of fake ID's to scam America.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No one should be exempt,but being from ms. origanally and knowing how bad it is down their I am very pleased to see that they are standing up in this fight.

STAND TALL PATRIOTS!!