Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Stop talking and reform immigration , Dewhurst says

Stop talking and reform immigration, Dewhurst says
    By Brandi Grissom / Austin Bureau
    Article Launched: 05/24/2008 12:00:00 AM MDT

…

AUSTIN -- Partisan rhetoric about undocumented immigrants must stop, and Congress needs to reform the immigration system so that Texas can prosper economically, Republican Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst said Friday.
    Speaking at a border technology and trade conference, Dewhurst said immigration reforms must allow workers to come to the United States legally. Bringing immigrants out of the shadows, he said, would improve security, allowing border agents to focus on potential threats.

"This is a debate I'm pushing Congress to put behind us," said the potential 2010 gubernatorial candidate. "We're all from someplace else. The U.S. is a melting pot."

Dewhurst said he favored a "liberal immigration policy" that allows needed workers to flow into the United States legally. But, he added later, he does not favor offering citizenship to those who entered the country illegally.

"Let's legitimize everyone and let's move on, because we have to work together," Dewhurst said.

The conference, attended by government officials and business leaders from Canada, Mexico and the U.S., was meant to develop strategies to increase the speed and security of cross-border movement of products, people and services.

Retired Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey told the audience that the United States has allowed debate about border enforcement to dominate the discussion instead of searching for reasonable solutions. Technology, new ways of thinking and binational cooperation, he said, are the keys to increasing
    border security and maintaining economic stability.
    "Without hardworking, disciplined, humble, Catholic Mexican and Central American workers, it's over," McCaffrey said.

Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce president Richard Dayoub said it was "comforting" to hear Dew hurst urge that immigration rhetoric cease. Until it does, he said, improvements in technology and efficiency at border ports like El Paso will be delayed.

"Without the commitment and willingness to move toward solutions, we're at a logjam," Dayoub said.

State Sen. Eliot Shapleigh, D-El Paso, who helped host the conference as chairman of the Border Legislative Conference, said strategies developed at the meeting and at subsequent meetings would be presented to the next presidential administration in 2009.

"It's time to focus on hope, prosperity and opportunity," Shapleigh said. "Secure and fast movement of people and products around the world are not mutually exclusive."

Brandi Grissom may be reached at bgrissom@elpasotimes.com; 512-479-6606.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_9364002
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Stop talking and reform immigration , Dewhurst says

Quote Originally Posted by FedUpinFarmersBranch
    "Let's legitimize everyone and let's move on, because we have to work together," Dewhurst said.

"Without hardworking, disciplined, humble, Catholic Mexican and Central American workers, it's over," McCaffrey said.
    More "La Raza" crap from the "I hate America" crowd. Ya, let's "legitimate" Latino gang members and other illegals who have killed and terrorized American citizens by the thousands and are forced to fund "La Raza" thugs with their taxes.

Let's "move on" to rid our country of this infection.

With a growing world population I want this group of open border idiots to explain just how many we can take in, is there no limit we can accept, perhaps 50% of India, Mexico,etc. America now takes in more then all countries combined we give more food to poor countries then all other countries so as we gain huge numbers of legal and illegal immigrants along with high numbers of high school dropouts you can see our direction clear.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I wouldn't expect anything less from this paper, nor this cast of characters.

McCaffrey - Clinton's Drug Zar and some war reporting credibility issues.

State Sen. Eliot Shapleigh, D-El Paso, voted to block requiring identification at the polling place.

Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce president Richard Dayoub-C
    OC, do I need to say more?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am SICK of these kinds of lies! We DON"T need alien workers to make the state prosper. We need a fair wage and fair employment practice so that citizens of Texas can prosper. Dewhurst, you sound like another talking head for big business!

...Congress needs to reform the immigration system so that Texas can prosper economically...
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Dewhurst said immigration reforms must allow workers to come to the United States legally.
    Key words here are "come to", not already here. Those here illegally MUST GO!

Racist much? Why would we discriminate against workers from other countries? I'm sure there are millions of workers from Asia, Africa & Europe that would like to emigrate legally to work in the fields. [/quote]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

CONTACT INFO....

Lt. Governor David Dewhurst
    Capitol Station
    P.O. Box 12068
    Austin, Texas 78711
    512 463-0001
    512-463-0677 (FAX)

http://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/contact.php

my letter to the Lt. Governor of my state

"This is a debate I'm pushing Congress to put behind us,"

My reply---- There does not need to be any kind of freaking debate. every elected official should be impeached and thrown in jail and tried for treason for not upholding their oath of office, including YOU. There will be no debate about this, PERIOD. your guilty.
    ----------------------------
    "We're all from someplace else. The U.S. is a melting pot."

My reply---- Yea we are all from somewhere. I'm a native born Texan and proud of it (until my elected state officials make dumbass comments like what your quoted as saying). While alot of people come to Texas, the ones who come here legally and are American citizens from other states should be the most important thing. Notice I said LEGALLY, and i stand by that comment.
    ---------------------------------

"Let's legitimize everyone and let's move on, because we have to work together,"

my reply---- SCREW THAT. Lawbreakers being allowed to illegally enter, obtain fake documents or steal someones Identity are criminals and should NOT be given any legitimizing. NO WAY. NO WAY. People who lie on applications for food stamps and welfare are also criminals. Don't tell me they are here to make a better life, because they are here for the money and don't care about anything and anyone else.

You want needed workers. The US has TEN GUEST worker programs. and allows the entry of legal immigrants more than the rest of the world combined.

Whats wrong with you? are you that stupid and that misinformed?

As Far as Texans prospering economically, don't you think more Texans would be working if the illegals were not willing to work for a less wage than Americans would??? Hell the illegals are the reason wages in construction and other fields are DOWN at least 10 percent.
    It's not that Texans wont work, its that Texans wont work for slave labor wages nor will most Americans and Texans live 20 in a two bedroom house.

The AMERICAN people defeated the last immigration reform package because it allowed the 20 million illegals to be able to pay some back taxes and a fine and remain in the country. The AMERICAN people said "no way in hell" will we let this piece of crap legislation pass and it didn't.

You see, back in 1986, we were promised by the fat man (sen. kennedy) that there will NEVER be another amnesty in this country. AND laws were made in 86 in regards to secure the borders, which we haven't. There was also a law that prohibited employers from hiring illegals and work place enforcement would take place. These laws have not been enforced and that is why we have the problem that we have today. Its a shame that the elected officials both at the federal and state level are bought off by big corporations of America who want cheap labor to pad their profit margin without even thinking what it does to the American worker and the American taxpayer.

Finally, with comments like this, there is no way in hell that I will ever consider voting for you or people like you who think its okay for illegals to sneak into MY COUNTRY and be rewarded instead of punished

This meeting was all about the North American Union, shutting us up so they can continue to eradicate the middle class in this country and keep a steady flow of cheap labor....That damn chamber of commerce needs to be shut down!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    [quote]But, he added later, he does not favor offering citizenship to those who entered the country illegally.

“Let’s legitimize everyone and let’s move on, because we have to work together,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast