Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Students Against Illegal Immigration Become Targets

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/blog-d ... p?id=14002

Students Against Illegal Immigration Become Targets

by Christopher Flickinger
    Posted Apr 12, 2006

Conservative college students against illegal immigration are coming under fire in Iowa.

According to a Leadership Institute press release, a student group called "Citizens for Tight Borders (CTB)" at Drake University has been "targeted in recent weeks by school administrators and students."

While CTB advocates legal immigration and stronger borders, the groups co-founder, Danielle Sturgis, says, "We have had our group status temporarily revoked by the university and our personal beliefs belittled by the administration."

The press release goes on to say that Drake University President David Maxwell wrote an "official memo" to members of a Latino group on campus denouncing the views of Sturgis and other members of CTB.

"I want to assure you, as the president of the University, that CTB in no way represents the University or our values as a community (I seriously doubt that they represent the views of very many on campus), and to assure you, even more importantly, that we value and cherish your presence here as members of the Drake University family," Maxwell wrote in his memo.

Steve Stockman of the Leadership Institute finds Drake's "intellectual intolerance" ironic as he points out the school's own Statement of Principles:

"Ideas will not be suppressed because they are presently viewed as unpopular or inappropriate by current authorities, nor will expression of those ideas be infringed because it may be perceived as harmful to a particular group or organization."

In the "official memo," reference is also made to a national organization unaffiliated with CTB known as Americans for Legal Immigration (ALI):

"It is clear that the rhetoric of CTB and ALI, as well as the fact that specific ethnicities and nationalities are the target of their efforts, are antithetical to the public commitment of Drake University to be a supportive and welcoming environment to a diverse population."

William Gheen, president of ALI, requested Maxwell retract the statement. But the press release adds, "Maxwell has no plans to retract his statements, according to an article in the school paper, the Times-Delphic."

Human Events U will continue to monitor this situation and keep you informed.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is this the United States of America? or did I wake up in a different country?
    People who break our laws are entitled to march in our streets but our won citizens, our children, can not speak up?
    Is this a double standard? Or is this blunt discrimination?
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

English Translation

"Ideas will not be suppressed because they are presently viewed as unpopular or inappropriate by current authorities, nor will expression of those ideas be infringed because it may be perceived as harmful to a particular group or organization."

English translation:

"We are so hard up for money that we will prostitute ourselves to keep the money coming in. We don't want to appear 'racist' or we would lose huge endowments..."

What is ALIPAC going to do about this?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Dr. David Maxwell
    President of the University
    Drake University
    1-515-271-2191
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, Richard; I was looking for that info in the web.
    Ok guys, lets burn those lines.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lc0130
    Is this the United States of America? or did I wake up in a different country?
    People who break our laws are entitled to march in our streets but our won citizens, our children, can not speak up?
    Is this a double standard? Or is this blunt discrimination?
    I seem to be asking myself that question every day. This is outrageous and definitely discrimination. But I guess it shouldn't be surprising considering that we are constantly discriminated against. Illegals have more rights than we do.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Banned
    The secretary tried to say she didn't know anything about it so I read her the whole article. I said that Dr. Maxwell was looking pretty bad on this thing and needed to clarify his position, as it was in direct conflict with the school's stated 'Principles'.

That was fun!

Good going PinestrawGuys, Just got off the phone myself.

Talked to Dr. David Maxwell's secretary, ask her what ever happened to academic freedom, didn't get much of an answer.

She said she was not familiar with our group, ALIPAC.

Lier! but would relay the message.

Probably the students who agree with CTB will now hide in the shadows.
    That's what lots of Americans are doing these days....supposedly that's where the lawbreakers belong...not the citizens..

Upside down world.

MJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast