Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BigMonkey, others...

Re:
    Most of the men that are HOMELESS AFTER THEIR PART IN THE WARS ARE FROM THE VA NOT GIVING THE BENIFITS THAT THE VETERANS HAVE COMING TO THEM.
    Yes, totally agree.

I have also railed against government action (well, inaction is a better word here) regarding Social Security and America's Disabled/Retired/etc. There is an analogous situation with these folks as well. Here's the thread:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-89522.html

It's past time to fix the mess and take care of these people. In no case, is anyone getting a 'free ride' (unless they fraudsters), and people have paid into the system either with their hard-earned money, or with their personal sacrifices.

SOSAD is correct: "YOU RATS!" It's past time for Congress to stand up and fix these problems.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The government must do as families do and set their priorities. If we don't have the resources to fund every social program that has merit we have to determine a pecking order. In that scheme our veterans have to be at the top of the list - and illegal immigrants should be at the very bottom.

our veterans have to be at the top of the list - and illegal immigrants should be at the very bottom.
    Amen
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Take the $25 million you are about to give LaRaza and build hotels for troubled and down on their luck veterans
    ABSOLUTELY...
    and the one that want a job/education...they should be helped to get jobs/education not the whining Dream act nuts...how about free CDL training for some....No need for Mexican Trucks
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Following on my rant above, there is $519 billion (no not million, but billion) dollars in the Soc. Security Admin's 'Suspense File' - the pool of funds which has accumulated over decades which is not matched to a legitimate person (SSN) basically (simplified, in my own words).

Why not tap into that money to help provide benefits and services to Americans? Much of that money was paid into the system by illegal work, from IAs - in short, they should have to forfeit claim to those benefits as those payments were done through illegal means.
    We, as a country, regularly, enact forfeiture against drug users, drug sellers, the patrons of prostitution, organized racketeering/other criminals...

Explain to me how those that have worked illegally in the US have any rightful claim to benefits that were gained through illegal activity? Use the money to deal with Americans problems.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Following on my rant above, there is $519 billion (no not million, but billion) dollars in the Soc. Security Admin's 'Suspense File' - the pool of funds which has accumulated over decades which is not matched to a legitimate person (SSN) basically (simplified, in my own words).

Why not tap into that money to help provide benefits and services to Americans? Much of that money was paid into the system by illegal work, from IAs - in short, they should have to forfeit claim to those benefits as those payments were done through illegal means.
    We, as a country, regularly, enact forfeiture against drug users, drug sellers, the patrons of prostitution, organized racketeering/other criminals...

Explain to me how those that have worked illegally in the US have any rightful claim to benefits that were gained through illegal activity? Use the money to deal with Americans problems.
    Sounds good to me. It certainly should not go to illegals-EVER!

Hi Nicole - yeah, that's exactly my point.

And, after I posted the above and then walked away from the computer for a second, I realized just how wrong I was....

For one, they've already benefited from their illegal work once - they got a job and a paycheck without legal permission. THEN, there is the question of whether to receive benefits paid by that paycheck ....after the fact (and that only applies to the IAs that actually DID pay into the system - many do not of course).

Hmmm, I'm trying not to get worked up. Take a deep breath, ok, I think I'm ok now.

This is a National Disgrace that fellow Veterans in the worlds richest country are sleepng in the streets.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    This is a National Disgrace that fellow Veterans in the worlds richest country are sleepng in the streets.
    Absolutely! Furthermore, it's infuriating that any vet should be homeless while illegal aliens are receiving benefits. Illegals shouldn't be at the bottom of the list. They shouldn't even be on the list!

I would like to make a long overdue comment about homeless vets. My exhusband was a Vietnam Vet who had lost one brother in Vietnam and his other brother had been a POW for nine years. After the trauma from Vietnam he disappeared 33 years ago leaving two daughters to never know their father. My point is for every homeless veteran their are families that are victims. No one ever considers the American families.

I'm afraid after Iraq their are going to be more families destroyed. More woman unfortunately realizing that they did lose their husband in the war, that the man that came back is a stranger. Realizing that it is up to them alone to raise their children financially and emotionally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast