Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is supporting political parties and front-runners more impor

October 11, 2007

Is supporting political parties and front-runners more important than our country?

By Mary MacElveen

After reading where Democrats have put the Iraq War debate on hold. I would like to know what debate and why even a debate should be held. As stated previously all it takes are 41 senators to filibuster any bill related to the war in Iraq from coming to the floor which means the funding of it. That is precisely how this senate can end the war. The problem is they do not want to end it. I want all to think of that since every minute of each day a soldier is being fired upon and in some cases their lives are ended and for what? The same thing is happening to innocent Iraqis and the same question should be asked, and for what? The answer is greed and power and those that lust after both.

I hold mainly the Democrats in contempt since we gave them this power to end this war last November and they erroneously state they need sixty or more votes to override the president’s veto. That his hogwash if you ask me. The magic number is 41. Do not let them fool you.

As I was watching Lou Dobbs Tonight last night, Lou’s guest was CNN’s, Jack Cafferty who came on to speak with Lou regarding his best selling novel, "It's Getting Ugly Out There: The Frauds, Bunglers, Liars and Losers Who are Hurting America". The latter part of his book title best defines a great majority of members serving in both houses of congress.

Cafferty opined of the war, “Seventy percent of the population thinks the country is going in the wrong direction. The primary reason they feel that way is the war in Iraq.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Please ask yourselves is Hillary and Rudy truly the best you have to offer all of us?
    Personally, I would love to see a law passed that outlawed pre-election polling and infringed on the medias free speach just enough to outlaw predicting front runners. I think our country would be better off if we could choose our favorite candidate from a level playing field. I know a lot of people who vote for the front runner because they want to be able to say they chose the winner.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)