Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Supreme Court enters immigration debate

Supreme Court enters immigration debate

By AP Staff
    June 28, 2010 12:12 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court is entering the nation's charged debate over immigration, agreeing to hear a challenge from business and civil liberties groups to an Arizona law that cracks down on employers who hire undocumented workers.

The justices on Monday accepted an appeal from the Chamber of Commerce, American Civil Liberties Union and others to a lower court ruling that upheld Arizona's law. The measure requires employers to verify the eligibility of prospective employees through a federal database called E-Verify and imposes sanctions on companies that knowingly hire undocumented workers.

Then-Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano signed the measure into law in 2007. Napolitano now is Homeland Security secretary.

The law is separate from the recently adopted Arizona immigration law that is intended to drive illegal immigrants out of Arizona and also is being challenged as unconstitutional.

In the case under high court review, the chamber and ACLU argued that Arizona and other states that have imposed similar laws are overstepping their authority. Only Congress, they said, may legislate about immigration.

The Obama administration weighed in last month on the side of the chamber and ACLU, also arguing that federal immigration law trumps state efforts.

The San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the law.

The federal law that created the E-Verify system in 1996 made it voluntary and sought to balance efforts to discourage illegal immigration with concerns about discrimination against all immigrants.

Argument will take place in the court term that begins in October.

The case is Chamber of Commerce v. Candelaria, 09-115.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2010/06/supr ... z0sAJcbXxP
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've got a bad feeling about this now that Raza racist Sotomayor is on the Supreme Court!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So it is not soon. I think this is good, because I think it takes time to wake these justices up to the will of the people in the US.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron

So it is not soon. I think this is good, because I think it takes time to wake these justices up to the will of the people in the US.
    What are their email addresses and phone numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I've got a bad feeling about this now that Raza racist Sotomayor is on the Supreme Court!

W
    as she is an admitted la raza tribal leader.....we need to petittion for her to be recused

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron

I'm afraid "Activist Judges" don't give a damn about the will of the people. If Kagan gets affirmed we're screwed! I didn't get to actually watch the hearings today but not once in the highlights I've seen was the Constitution mentioned.

i hope the supreme court knows that this was a ballot initiative that was passed by the people of arizona by almost 3-to-1, and with 60 percent of legal voting hispanics voting in favor of it

I just hope the case goes before the Supreme Court before Obama's new owned "b____" gets in there. No legal experience, has not even resolved a traffic ticket in court... but she is Obama's gal and she has been appointed for one reason, and one reason alone.... to carry through the Obamanation.

So what will happen if pro-illegals get things their way from DC? Then what?

In my view, there is only one step left; and that is to have a revolution and take our country back from the United Nations owned White House; that is raping us minute by minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast