Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Sorry Pessimists, Oh hell I am not Sorry.
    We Will Win This. Arizona and the Country Will Beat those that defy the Will of The People and Constitution..
    We are a Nation of Laws, State and local law enforcement can enforce immigration law as any law.Tell me why not. Because the chamber of commerce says, La Raza says or the ACLU? They are not the law.
    Unfortunately I cannot though make a citizens arrest on an illegal alien. Damn

Quote Originally Posted by airdale
    Sorry Pessimists, Oh hell I am not Sorry.
    We Will Win This. Arizona and the Country Will Beat those that defy the Will of The People and Constitution..
    We are a Nation of Laws, State and local law enforcement can enforce immigration law as any law.Tell me why not. Because the chamber of commerce says, La Raza says or the ACLU? They are not the law.
    Unfortunately I cannot though make a citizens arrest on an illegal alien. Damn
    But Airdale, what exactly is "the will of the people"?

Right in the face of ALIPAC up close and personal there have been 3 self-professed 20-something illegal alien women protesting at the State Capitol in a hunger strike over the DREAM Act for 14 days.

Has the North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue intervened and called for the firing of the head of the Capitol Police? After all, just last week she fired the head of the NC State Patrol for alleged improprieties, stating there is ZERO TOLERANCE for misconduct for state employees in North Carolina?

Maybe the Capitol Police have no authority to remove illegal aliens from State property? After all, how can anyone in the country illegally (by their own admission) get a legal permit to protest on State grounds? Has anyone bothered to ask the Governor or the Capitol Police?

Maybe they aren't actually on the Capitol grounds.

Raleigh, the State Capitol and County Seat for Wake County is under the jurisdiction of the 287g program overseen by ICE. In 14 days have they scooped up these criminals and assigned them a court date for deportation hearings?

No? Hmmmm....

All the while these poor, hapless victims of society (and by their own statements to radio station WPTF yesterday their parents) are allowed to solicit support for their cause with the help of constant media coverage under a blazing summer sun. One was even taken away to the hospital yesterday for heat exhaustion, probably at taxpayer expense. Image the spin the mainstream media will use on that!

Again I ask, "What IS the will of the people?"

I heard one of these women tell the reporter from WPTF yesterday that "while many negative comments have been written in response to news stories about their demonstration, no one has come down to oppose them in person".

In a state with a population of nearly 10 million, nobody has stepped onto the scene and condemned these people in person over a span of 14 days?

Yes, I realize publicity is what this group and their sponsors/backers want. I also realize the political implications of challenging them. Problem is, in today's American acquiescence is seen as approval, and when it LOOKS like some approve, more acquiesce. Eventually the winner is apathy, and we all know which side capitalizes that.

Hey! I know!

Some of you kind Raleigh folk drop by downtown with a pizza and offer to share a slice or two.

Wait! Better not! The media will portray you as an evil torturous villain and you'll probably end up charged with a racist hate crime.

Banned
    Yes, you are correct that these two woman and tens of million more are sob story dancing and getting attention instead of being detained,processed, and deported. Why are the people quietly watching this and not outraged as we are?
    I try not to figure out why and how people think or act until they get to the voting booth. I believe the Why question has been asked by many that side with us. I don't know this part of the nation or their motivation..
    I am in the southwest occupied part of the U.S and I now their protest would be met with outrage here.
    I still bang my head up against the wall why sheriff Joe let the collage student illegals from Florida walk out untethered.
    The Arizona law is a good law and a fair law. To fair. The I's dotted the T's crossed. Even a lopsided court should not be able to fault it.
    In my humble opinion. Keep the faith.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

it is to the point of being ridiculous. I would spit on them

I watched Senator Kyle Grill Kagan this morning about the White Houses asking the Supreme court to hear the AZ E-Verify case.

Kagan did a dance and alot of stutering trying to answer his questions.She essentially says; she,at present, works for the Government and must do their bidding but as a judge she would view and rule on cases according to constituitional law.

Senator Kyle did a great job defending AZ.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I think there are many reasons people don't speak up, speak out or confront the protestors. I know when I first heard the LaRAza, Mecha, take the southwest back for Mexico - I wrote it off as some pathetic kooks too. I had no idea it was a valid concern. So I am sure that many across the nation still think this too.

The U.S. citizen has been well-trained to keep their opinions to themselves. Except for the anonymity of internet I think most people will not speak for fear of jeopardizing their job, jeopardizing a potential job or future job. Like a previous poster mentioned, we have to get a permit to protest and even then it can be revoked at any time.

Also I know that people like myself are afraid. Afraid of being targeted for a criminal and possibly deadly response to our position. We hope that by keeping a low profile we won't get on the Obamanation's hit list or anybody else's. Life could become exceedingly difficult for any of us extremely quickly by powerful people who pull the strings and can basically have anything done by employees of various entities - no questions asked. This fear is valid. I know that people who were politically active in the 40's and 50's were still being harassed, stalked and targeted in the 80's by unknown sources - so it is a real concern.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I wish that somebody with a huge amount of money would pay for some well done TV ads to run nationwide that explains our position effectively in the hopes of engaging people by enhancing their understanding of the issue and how it really does affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    I think there are many reasons people don't speak up, speak out or confront the protestors. I know when I first heard the LaRAza, Mecha, take the southwest back for Mexico - I wrote it off as some pathetic kooks too. I had no idea it was a valid concern. So I am sure that many across the nation still think this too.

The U.S. citizen has been well-trained to keep their opinions to themselves. Except for the anonymity of internet I think most people will not speak for fear of jeopardizing their job, jeopardizing a potential job or future job. Like a previous poster mentioned, we have to get a permit to protest and even then it can be revoked at any time.

Also I know that people like myself are afraid. Afraid of being targeted for a criminal and possibly deadly response to our position. We hope that by keeping a low profile we won't get on the Obamanation's hit list or anybody else's. Life could become exceedingly difficult for any of us extremely quickly by powerful people who pull the strings and can basically have anything done by employees of various entities - no questions asked. This fear is valid. I know that people who were politically active in the 40's and 50's were still being harassed, stalked and targeted in the 80's by unknown sources - so it is a real concern.
    Here are a few words of encouragement to ponder as we roll into our Independence Day weekend:

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    ~Ben Franklin

In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms, is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny. If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!
    ~Samuel Adams

What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
    ~Patrick Henry

As with the changing of the seasons, so too shall men come to know the harsh wind of the gathering storm and clothe themselves accordingly as is right and proper. Those who ignore the rumble of the thunder upon the horizon risk the wrath of the lightning, which illuminates the tempest and gives voice to the billowing gale.
    ~author unknown

I love these from Barry Goldwater:

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

And this;

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed. Their mistaken course stems from false notions of equality, ladies and gentlemen. Equality, rightly understood, as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences. Wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12