Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suspected Illegal Escapes Police

ST. CLAIRSVILLE - Erick Perez Hernandez jumped head first from an Interstate 70 highwall early today landing more than 70 feet below the Belmont County deputy attempting to arrest him.

Law enforcement agencies searched by land and air today to track down the suspected illegal alien who is feared dead.

Hernandez was one of 11 suspected illegal immigrants detained in a traffic stop at 12:08 a.m. in the eastbound lane of I-70 between Bridgeport and St. Clairsville. Hernandez told arresting deputy Aynsley Hildebrand he would not go back to Mexico as he ran from the van he was driving. Hildebrand said he chased Hernandez across both lanes of I-70 before Hernandez dove over the retaining wall to the earth and stone below.

"The first thing I did was call for a squad because I thought he was dead," Hildrebrand said.

Hildrebrand used a flashlight to watch Hernandez after the fall. He said it appeared the suspect landed "on his face." The deputy said he thought Hernandez was unconscious for more than 20 seconds before he again fled. Hildrebrand said he believed Hernandez had a broken leg and was badly bleeding from the fall.

Belmont County Sheriff's Department and Ohio State Highway Patrol cruisers scoured the areas between Bridgeport and St. Clairsville today in the search for Hernandez. An Ohio State Highway Patrol airplane called in for the search circled the area. Deputies searching creeks in Blaine emerged from the woods with their pants soaked above the knees. Sgt. Tom DeVaul said blood trails and footprints were followed in the search for the suspect. Several deputies said they suspected they would find Hernandez dead.

The 10 other suspected illegals were transported to the Belmont County Jail. They are facing felony charges, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was contacted by sheriff's officials.

http://www.news-register.net/page/conte ... owlayout=0
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Search Still on For Suspected Illegal
    Posted Tuesday, June 24, 2008 ; 11:15 AM
    Updated Wednesday, June 25, 2008 ; 04:11 AM

Belmont County Authorities continue to search for escaped illegal immigrant.

Story by D.K. Wright

LANSING, OHIO -- The search is on for a Hispanic man who is either seriously injured or seriously lucky.

"You could mark that spot. You should see the wall there," said Belmont County Sgt. Tom Duvall on the 3-way radio.

The spot they refer to is where the suspected Mexican alien took a dive off the edge of Interstate 70.

The deputy had just pulled over the vanload of 11 Hispanic males and he asked him if he had ever been deported.

He reportedly answered, "I'm never going back to Mexico" and took off.

"Took a head-dive about 75 - 100 feet. Ath that time he was unconscious then got back his feeling and drug himself into the woods," said Deputy Aynsley Hildebrand.

The search is on.

They have a K-9 search on the ground and an Ohio Highway Patrol plane in the air.

They feel it's possible he crawled off and died.

"As of right now we still feel he's alive. But due to the height of that wall it's still uncertain," said Sgt. Duvall.

They have notified local hospitals to be alert and have warned nearby residents.

They said he is not armed, but he has proven to be determined not to go back to Mexico.

Police Departments from Martins Ferry, Bellaire, St. Clairsville, and Bridgeport joined the search for about three hours last night with night vision equipment.

"Did come across blood in the wooded area," said Deputy Hildebrand.

The other ten are in the Belmont County Jail where an interpreter is speaking with them.

Deputies said they indicated they were on the way from Los Angeles to Philadephia.

The missing man is Erik Perez Hernandez. He weighs 130 to 150 pounds, 5'5" to 5'7" tall, wearing a yellow hoodie with white lettering and blue jeans.

If you see him, you are urged to call the Belmont County Sheriff's Department at 740 695-7933.

Copyright 2008 West Virginia Media. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?f ... ryid=40426
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Still No Sign Of I-70 Wall Jumper
    By GABE WELLS POSTED: August 19, 2008

Authorities are still searching for a suspected illegal immigrant who leapt from this retaining wall on I-70 in Ohio to escape authorities June 24.

ST. CLAIRSVILLE - What happened to the suspected illegal immigrant who crashed to the ground following a 70-foot leap from an Interstate 70 retaining wall?

A Belmont County Sheriff's Department official has a theory.

Erick Perez Hernandez ran from a traffic stop in the early morning hours of June 24 on I-70 between St. Clairsville and Bridgeport. Apparently to avoid being arrested with the 10 other alleged illegals detained by a Belmont County sheriff's deputy, Hernandez ran across both lanes of the highway. He told Deputy Aynsley Hildebrand he would not go back to Mexico before he shocked the deputy who pursued him by diving head-first over the highway retaining wall.

Hildebrand knew the suspect was hurt. Hernandez appeared unconscious for more than 20 seconds, and the deputy believed the suspect's leg was broken. Deputies followed blood trails in the effort to track down Hernandez.

Deputies and multiple police departments searched the area for Hernandez.

Airplanes and helicopters were used in the search, but after two days the effort was called off.

Chief Deputy Joseph Hummel said he simply doesn't know what could have happened to Hernandez. He noted, however, that he suspects Hernandez got help.

"It's like he vanished out of thin air," Hummel said. "There are only two options here: He's either dead or someone got him."

If Hernandez is alive, Hummel does not believe it was an area resident or residents who offered the suspected illegal assistance. The chief suspects Hernandez was in possession of a cell phone and managed to contact other illegals traveling through Belmont County.

Only one vehicle transporting suspected illegal immigrants through the area was stopped by deputies the night of Hernandez' free fall. But, the chief said, that doesn't mean another wasn't far behind - and Hernandez may have known it.

Hummel said the Hernandez case is no longer a priority, but it is not closed.

"I believe (local residents) would have called us in a heartbeat if they would have seen him," Hummel said. "Our presence was ominous. There were helicopters, airplanes - everything we could throw at it.

"What else could be?" Hummel added regarding his cell phone theory and the potential for help from other suspected illegals.

"That's the only other thing I could see. There may be other opinions, but that's mine. When you can't turn up a body - warm or or cold - (the case) remains open."

Federal Immigrations and Customs Enforcement officials could not be reached for comment on their investigation of the case.

http://www.theintelligencer.net/page/co ... 13133.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn