Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Swift replaces workers arrested in immigration raids

Swift replaces workers arrested in immigration raids
    May 11, 2007 22:44 EDT

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) -- Swift & Co. says it has filled nearly 1,300 positions made open after immigration agents arrested workers at six plants, including one in Iowa.

The meatpacking giant says the raids cost it as much as 50 million dollars.

Operations at Swift plants in Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas and Utah were suspended for several hours on December 12th while immigration agents arrested about 12 hundred workers. No company managers have been charged.

Company C-E-O Sam Rovit says staffing returned to full force in April at two pork-processing plants and this month at the beef plants.

The Greeley-based company initially estimated the financial impact of the raids at 30 million for the fiscal year ending May 27th. It raised the estimates to 50 million yesterday.

A Swift spokesman says a strategic review to determine the company's future is continuing but no decision has been made.

http://www.kgan.com/template/inews_wire ... .com.shtml
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The meatpacking giant says the raids cost it as much as 50 million dollars.
    Good! Maybe you will be more careful about who you hire in the future. Also, I hope your monetary loss serves as a warning for other employers. We need to see a whole lot more of this sort of thing.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>