Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo Calls for Investigation of Texas Radio Station

Press Releases :: January 19, 2006

Will Adams (202.226.6997)

Tancredo Calls for Investigation of Texas Radio Station

Congressman Says Spanish-Language Station Helps Illegal Aliens Break Law, Avoid Border Patrol

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) wrote a letter to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, calling for an investigation into KROM, a Spanish-language radio station in San Antonio, Texas. At least one of the station’s programs reports the location of Border Patrol officers apparently in order to help illegal aliens avoid law enforcement. Tancredo’s letter to Martin is printed below:

Dear Chairman Martin,

According to recent media reports, KROM, a Spanish-language station in San Antonio, Texas has been broadcasting the location of Border Patrol personnel in an effort to help immigrants avoid checkpoints and patrols. In addition, it is my understanding that the station does not currently possess a valid FCC license.

Not only is it dangerous and foolish for a media outlet to undermine the work of federal law enforcement, it may also be illegal. As you may know, it is a violation of federal law to aid and abet illegal aliens – clearly the intent of these broadcast segments. Using the public airwaves to disclose the locations and operations of Border Patrol personnel exacerbates an already dangerously unstable situation along our southern border and poses a potential threat to our national security.

I hope the FCC will look very seriously at the decision of the station to interfere with the activities of the Border Patrol during consideration of the stations application to renew its license. Moreover, I would ask that the FCC review whether or not the station’s decision to impede the activities of the Department of Homeland Security violates the law. If so, I hope that the FCC will take appropriate enforcement action against the station – including but not limited to suspending the station’s broadcasting privileges.

Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

[Signed]

Tom Tancredo

Member of Congress

###

http://tancredo.house.gov/press/PRArtic ... ewsID=1132
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Tom!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I think we beat him to the punch on this one, huh??!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

He knows a good thing when he sees it!

In return I will mount this on the homepage with a link to our FCC effort.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Way to go, Tom!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

He knows a good thing when he sees it!
    RIGHT! He should hang around here for awhile. He might get a LOT of ideas!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Fantastic.