Tancredo Denounces GOP Elite’s Attack on the Base

Congressman Says Conservative Base, Media Should Be Thanked Not Shunned

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) denounced the Republican elite’s emerging campaign to outmaneuver the party’s base on the issue of immigration control and border security. Former high-level officials at the RNC and the Bush-Cheney 2004 campaign are orchestrating a multi-million dollar effort on behalf of big business to sell the President’s illegal alien amnesty plan, The Los Angeles Times reported this morning.

“Let me get this straight. Our most loyal supporters give up their vacations to walk door-to-door for our Republican candidates. They hand out bumper stickers and put out yard signs. They convince coworkers which way to vote over the water cooler. And this is the reward they get? With that kind of thanks, the base is beginning to wonder if it was all worth it,� said Tancredo.

The article reveals that big business groups are paying $250,000 a piece to fund a media war chest to counterbalance the “echo chamber of conservative talk radio� even though the President and Republican leadership used that echo chamber with great success to bypass traditional, liberal media outlets.

“Liberals are investing millions of dollars to build a media empire to match the one the conservative movement created over the last generation. If the GOP leadership tries to disconnect the party’s direct line to the base, we’ll be kicked out of here faster than you can say ‘minority party’,� noted Tancredo.

Tancredo concluded, “Good policies beget good politics. Last week I introduced the only comprehensive immigration, border security and guest worker bill in Congress. It will keep the American economy strong while strengthening our national security. My plan won’t require a multi-million dollar sales pitchâ€â€