Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Dman, I agree - I will not go quietly! I will fight this with everything I've got.
    DITTO

DMAN.......glad you're my teammate!!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    "We will fight it, we will lose. It will go to the Senate, it will pass. The president will sign it. And it will happen quickly because that's one thing they know they can pass," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican and chairman of the House Immigration Reform Caucus, who had led the opposition to a guest-worker plan. "I am absolutely horrified by this prospect, but I have to face reality."
    Damn, Tom! No need to concede, you won the right to keep your seat in the U.S. House. Now please figure out a way to help the American people keep their country!

Boy, you know things are getting tough when your leader raises the white flag.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    "We will fight it, we will lose. It will go to the Senate, it will pass. The president will sign it. And it will happen quickly because that's one thing they know they can pass," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican and chairman of the House Immigration Reform Caucus, who had led the opposition to a guest-worker plan. "I am absolutely horrified by this prospect, but I have to face reality."
    Damn, Tom! No need to concede, you won the right to keep your seat in the U.S. House. Now please figure out a way to help the American people keep their country!

Boy, you know things are getting tough when your leader raises the white flag.
    Maybe Tancredo's just a realist.

It was a battle when the Republicans controlled both Houses, and now those Houses are controlled by those cut throat Dems, and Bush who both have made it very clear how much they want Amnesty.

As hard as the House Republicans fought against it, the Dems will fight equally as hard to get it. And what makes matters worst .. they won't need to fight very hard.. they're all in agreement and they have Bush on their side to boot.

What's frustrating above all comprehension is that the business Republicans are now going to use this as a tool and say that conservatives lost BECAUSE of the hardline tack against immigration. When in actuality - the disgust of the voters when they attempted to grant amnesty probably contributed to the Republican demise.

But unfortunately mainstream America doesn't look under the headlines and we live in a world of sound bites. "Give me a byline and let me get back to my Desperate Housewives episode." Alot of disgusted Americans (who didn't look at the repercussions of handing the democrats control of congress) just shot themselves in the foot...and probably forever altered our country.

I don't want to hear anybody gripe about all the "damn foreigners" if they didn't vote this year because they were "mad at those bastards in Washington".

JAK
    I am feeling pretty depressed today...but I am not giving up. There is a ray of hope and I will grab on to that...

We are STILL THE MAJORITY...Americans, that is...and we can still WIN!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everyone seems to be trying to give in way too early in this fight. We still have several avenues that we can travel in our attempts to derail the Senate amnesty bill. We can start with the Republican National Committee. The RNC needs to be convince NOW that ONLY if they stop this amnesty bill and get strong enforcement passed will we, the Republican base, vote them back into power. They need to know that they will lose the Whitehouse as well as Congress in 2008. We can do the same thing to the Dems. We need thousands of letters and petitions again. Below is a letter that I sent to the RNC election night.

Dear Sirs:
    I've been following the elections closely and while I'm sitting here waiting for election results to start trickling in, I just wanted to ask you, Was it worth it? It's looking very much as if the Republicans are going to lose the House of Representatives before this is done and this whole election would be going a different way if you, those who control the party money and support, had bothered to listen to the people.
    I contacted you back in May 2006 about the illegal immigration bill that the Senate was considering and pointed out to you that the Republicans were committing political suicide by pushing for amnesty for illegals. It doesn't matter what you call it, if they get to stay here, it's amnesty. I told you then that pandering to big business and the Hispanic community was going to backfire because on this issue. It doesn't matter how much money they donate to you if the ordinary person is so disgusted about the issue that they hold all Republicans to blame. You put the Republican base in a position where we were having to send bricks to our elected officials and they still ignored us. They were sure that they knew better than the people who put them in office.
    I've often wondered how it is that the Republican party leaders can't seem to understand what the issues are that matter to their voting base and I think I've finally figured a little of it out. You spend your time listening to mainstream media, focus groups and carefully crafted polls instead of just asking the people. If you want to know what issues are on the minds of conservative voters, don't watch CBS, listen to talk radio. I think it's been proven that mainstream media is typically hostile to conservatives and this time they've played you for fools. Talk radio is primarily a conservative venue and is the easiest and cheapest way for you to connect with the party base. Sean Hannity, G.Gordon Liddy, Phil Valentine, Rush Limbaugh and Steve Gill all have their fingers on the pulse of the conservative voters. Yes, Iraq is an important issue but illegal immigration is very much on the minds of ALL voters and had the Senate not made such a debacle of it, would have kept the Republicans in control. The House Republicans finally got the message but it was too late. The image from the Senate was too strong and the base had to work too hard to convince the House that we were serious. Look at the thousands upon thousands of letters, faxes, e-mails, phone calls and petitions it took to get them to block that amnesty. Getting tough on illegal immigration was an issue that had broad bi-partisan support among voters and you guys blew it. The old standby of "they're going to raise your taxes", even though it's true, doesn't garner the emotional response with people that seeing our country being taken over by Mexico does. For goodness sake, we watched illegal Mexicans pull down the American flag and raise the Mexican flag over a U.S post office in Maywood California.
    If you want to regain the Congress and retain the Whitehouse in 2008, you will use your financial power and influence with our current Republican senators to pass the House immigration bill. Please remember that if you legalize twenty million illegals, you simply add them to the Dems voter base. Check the numbers in this past election.
    I hope ( but doubt ) that you will actually consider my opinions and maybe learn to listen to the average people again.

Sincerely,

And while we're pounding the RNC and the DNC we need whatever lawyers we have at out disposal to scrutinize that bill and find the legal challenges to it. I'm pretty sure that equal protection will be violated by that bill. Come on folks, Let's get busy.

I became an American Citizen two weeks ago, I felt so much happiness and joy. After the elections, I feel so angry about how all these politicians are selling our sovereignty to the big corporations and interests of both parties. While we are sending the best among us in uniform to fight a grotesque war in Iraq, this president can't care less about protecting our borders. What future our children and grandchildren are going to expect??

We have to hold Bush and the Democrats accountable for what they are trying to do.. It is time to have a 3rd party that looks out for us.
    In the meantime, we the people have to do whatever it takes to prevent this insanity.

Let's see who these people that voted for these idiots are going to blame next.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Congratulations on becoming a citizen Nadys.

I've heard more and more talk of people wanting a third party because people are tired of the game. And there are more Independent voters than ever which is obviously because people do not want their name connected with either party. I believe this country is ripe for a change somehow.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Over the last two years, people who have been in my position on immigration have done well, and people who have been more extreme have done badly," said Rep. Chris Cannon, a Utah Republican who backs a guest-worker plan.
    This jerk almost got taken out by a newby because of his illegal alien support. It took gobs of cash from UPS and other OBL corps to pull him out. Outright liars!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Nadys
    I became an American Citizen two weeks ago, I felt so much happiness and joy. After the elections, I feel so angry about how all these politicians are selling our sovereignty to the big corporations and interests of both parties. While we are sending the best among us in uniform to fight a grotesque war in Iraq, this president can't care less about protecting our borders. What future our children and grandchildren are going to expect??

We have to hold Bush and the Democrats accountable for what they are trying to do.. It is time to have a 3rd party that looks out for us.
    In the meantime, we the people have to do whatever it takes to prevent this insanity.

Let's see who these people that voted for these idiots are going to blame next.
    CONGRATS...NADYS!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast