Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tms

Tancredo Outlines Immigration Reforms Ahead of Markup

http://tancredo.house.gov/press/presser ... Markup.htm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 5, 2005

Tancredo Outlines Immigration Reforms Ahead of Markup

In Letter to Leader Blunt, Chairman Dreier, Tancredo Calls for ‘Robust Debate’, ‘Up-or-Down’ Vote

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) sent a letter to House Majority Leader Roy Blunt (R-MO) and Rules Committee Chairman David Dreier (R-CO) calling for a “robust debate� on immigration in the next two weeks and an “up-or-down� vote on the many proposals that members of the House Immigration Reform Caucus (IRC) may offer. Tancredo, Chairman of the 92-member IRC, sent his letter in anticipation of Judiciary Chairman Jim Sensenbrenner’s immigration reform bill being introduced this week.

The letter is reprinted below:

December 5, 2005

The Honorable Roy Blunt The Honorable David Dreier

Majority Leader Chairman

U.S. House of Representatives House Committee on Rules

H-107, The Capitol H-312, The Capitol

Washington, DC Washington, DC

Dear Leader Blunt and Chairman Dreier,

I am encouraged by House leadership and the Administration’s renewed emphasis on immigration reform and border security. As I have traveled to our nation’s borders and around the country, I have seen firsthand the toll that lax enforcement takes on our nation’s security, economy and identity. The American people have long called for us to fix our broken system, and now this Congress might answer.

Members of Congress rarely have an opportunity to rewrite federal immigration law. This instance will be the first significant debate of its kind in nearly a decade, and it could not have come at a more critical time for the country. As such, I hope to work with you to ensure a robust debate that will permit all members an opportunity to put forth their ideas as part of this discussion. This opportunity is too important and too rare to take ideas off the table.

Our border crisis is multi-facetedâ€â€
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

ABSOLUTELY!! Go get 'em, Tom Tancredo!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

Bootsie,

I like your new avatar, too cute. JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS. I SAID IT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Thanks, tms, but not NEARLY as cute as yours! Mine is just TOO SMALL!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Great Going Tom Tancredo and hey this Blunt guy....is immigration bad news bear. He is the one who promised and delivered CAFTA. He is a Globalist....from Missouri....my home state.....I can't believe my state produced such vermin.

Grrrrrr!!

Lets hope for the best.

If not, we'll start having some fun with Blunt.

(I am most anxious to work on him because he betrayed America with CAFTA).

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gosh, aren't you glad you got the hell out of MISSOURI??? It seems like, everywhere you go, you must CREATE MONSTERS. There you were in Pennsylvania with Specter and where else have you been and left your footprint???!!!!!!!

Delaware The Globalists new GMO Technology Source.

North Carolina.... the Globalist's New Mecca!

All these places turned to crap after I left! So I'm going to have to stay here in NC it seems.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, DEFINITELY. PLEASE don't leave US with your footprint! You MUST stay here to SAVE OUR STATE.

Yep... I can see that I've got to stay here for the Long Haul!!

Besides, it's such a great place, once we solve this illegal alien issue...who would want to leave NC?

Not me.

Good. I feel a lot safer now!!! AND, we have a MISSION. We MUST SAVE OUR STATE and we NEED YOU.