Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo To Richardson: Back up Rhetoric with Action

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Will Adams

September 27, 2005

Tancredo To Richardson: Back up Rhetoric with Action

New Mexico Governor’s ‘Emergency Grants’ Go to Monitor Minutemen, Not Protect Border

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) called on New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson to stop sending his state’s border emergency grants to monitor the Minuteman Project. With much fanfare, Richardson declared a “state of emergency� along New Mexico’s southern border in August. Richardson provided $1 million in emergency aid to border counties to combat illegal immigration, as well. But the Las Cruces Sun News reported this morning that at least one of the border sheriffs is using grant money to monitor the Minutemen and “enforce[] county ordinances and state statutes.� It is predominantly federal law that governs immigration; enforcing county and state laws seems to be aimed at the Minutemen. The full letter is reprinted below:

Dear Governor Richardson:

I have noted with great interest your recent statements and administrative actions in New Mexico to combat illegal immigration. I was encouraged by your declaration of emergency along New Mexico’s southern border. As with many potential presidential candidates from both your party and my own, you realize the politics of immigration reform: Americans support strong border security but Washington has failed to deliver.

However, your actions must match your rhetoric. While I am glad that you recognize that border security is a popular political issue, I have been discouraged by your record. I have wondered whether your own actions since 2003 as Governor have led to the very border emergency that you declared in August. You granted drivers licensesâ€â€
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Good grief Bill Richardson, have you gone mad?

Good job, Congressman Tancredo.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)