Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legalatina and miguelina.........your stories brought a HUGE smile to my face! Good for you!

Well I wished the the Oregon Firefighters had that same support. They have laid off or demoted supervising firefighters for not speaking Spanish even if they have one person on a 20 man crew who is Spanish speaking. This is discrimination at its worst.

I have sent the article on this to all of the Federal representatives of Oregon. I have attempted to call the Oregon Governor's office but the phones were working this weekend.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-109760-firefighters.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Call 1-800-walmart even if store managers don't care or the associates my mother has said if a complaint like yours comes through from home office they take it seriously it's just that most people don't bother but they should because if enough people complained like the IA then we would get our way instead of them getting their way.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini282
    Call 1-800-walmart even if store managers don't care or the associates my mother has said if a complaint like yours comes through from home office they take it seriously it's just that most people don't bother but they should because if enough people complained like the IA then we would get our way instead of them getting their way.

Yep, did that too and reported them all by name. Still haven't been back, hopefully, they've cleaned up their act.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    While I don't often frequent Target, my last experience there really opened my eyes to how bad things are really getting even in PA.....I was looking for large, cellophane basket bags (the kind to wrap Easter baskets in...) and stopped to ask an "associate".....she did not understand a word I said...she obviously only spoke Spanish and was flustered that I asked her a question. She told me in broken English and some Spanish that the garbage bags were in another aisle. I realized that it would be too time-consuming to explain what I was really looking for (as well as really frustrating...I refused to speak to her in Spanish) .....I eventually found the items myself. But, I wrote a note to the mgt regarding that "associate". I hope they pull her off floor duty. She has no business working there if she can't communicate basic information about the location of merchandise in the stores in ENGLISH.
    The LAST time I went to a Walmart in the Lehigh Valley, I encountered the same problem. That store was not familiar to me, so I asked several associates where I could find certain items and they could BARELY speak English. I walked up to the middle aisle in front of the registers and HOLLERED "HEY! DOES ANYONE HERE SPEAK ENGLISH?!?!?!" The assistant manager comes running to see what the problem is and I told her. By this time there's a crowd listening in. She smiles at me, turns to one worker and, in Spanish, tells her to "take this effing white bitch (meaning me)..to the garden center. I asked her if I could speak to the manager to tell him/her what a help she had been and she gets the manager.

Well, when the manager comes over, I proceed to repeat to him exactly what she had said to her employee! The look on her face was priceless, she had ASSUMED I did not speak or understand Spanish, because I insisted on English. The crowd had gotten bigger. I asked the manager if this was how Walmart treated English speaking customers, because if it was I would leave and never shop there again. He didn't know what to do. I proceeded to tell him that I would never be comfortable in a store where the employees spoke a foreign language around customers. I told him it was rude and offensive. I have never set foot in any Walmart since then.
    I would have given anything to have been there and witnessed that little exchange! I hope she was FIRED!

The crazy thing is if two "white" people get together and speak nothing but english at work they are being racist and descriminatory. But it's okay for an other language because that's "multiculturalism"...

And Target also did right by letting the Salvation people back on their premises during Christmas time. That happened about a year or two ago. I guess they either recieved some pretty upset emails or they got rid of the jerk who kicked the Salvation people out.

The incidents that both I and Miguelina have described happen all too frequently .....the thing is as soon as these type of "employees" start muttering comments or offensive remarks about me or other customers in Spanish. I do speak up to them...and they are usually pretty shocked that someone has understood their attitude of contempt for their customers, fellow employees and even their employers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234