Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tea Party to Fight Senate Amnesty Proposal

Tea Party to Fight Senate Amnesty Proposal

Friday, April 30, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT - posted on NumbersUSA

NumbersUSA Local Power Team at the Boston Tea Party

Tea Party leaders have decided to use their activists to fight the Senate Amnesty bill unveiled yesterday afternoon by Majority Leader Harry Reid, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and four other Democratic Senators. The move contradicts the position of Dick Armey whose FreedomWorks organization helped spur the Tea Party movement.

In a recent email to its membership, the Tea Party Nation wrote:

"Burn up the phones and faxes! Call your representatives and senators!"

The Tea Party Patriots sent out an alert to its membership this week asking, "Do you support Arizona's new immigration law and believe in the right of each state to protect its own citizens from the effects of illegal immigration?" The answer was yes! As of this afternoon, more than 36,000 Tea Party Patriots nationwide signed their petition in support of Arizona's new Immigration Law and believe in the right of each state to protect its own citizens.

Read a blog written by NumbersUSA's Director of Social Media Marketing Chad MacDonald detailing the efforts made by NumbersUSA to gain the support of Tea Party supporters.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... posal.html

MacDonald's blog is posted below
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Video: "Tea Party Racism??" included

Immigration Headlines at Tax Day Tea Party in Boston and Washington D.C.

By Chad MacDonald, Saturday, April 17, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT - posted on NumbersUSA

I received 10 emails from NumbersUSA members who questioned us about going to Tea Party events in Boston and Washington D.C. this week to advocate immigration reductions. We distributed 10,000 fliers (see contents below) on the High Costs of Mass Immigration, and we passed out thousands of Immigration-Reduction Report Cards across the country.

While not everybody is a fan of the Tea Party efforts, I believe most of our members get the big picture that 90% of Tea Party supporters oppose illegal immigration and want to stop amnesty. Most of our members understand that to achieve our immigration goals, we need broad coalitions -- such as reaching out at Earth Day activities during the coming week.

NumbersUSA is not part of the Tea Party movement, but we have a lot of members and friends who are. Many of them participated in an education campaign at the various events across the country this week reminding attendees that it is not possible to shrink government without reducing overall immigration.

We have more than 940,000 members at NumbersUSA and adding more every week. No doubt we have a diverse audience. We have Democrats, Republicans, Reformers and Independents alike among our advisors and in our offices. It will take members of all parties to bring federal immigration policy back to a logical place.

The massive negative propaganda and assault on the Tea Party movement remind me of the constant assaults on our own organization. Race-baiting is one of the oldest tricks in the book. From my personal experience, the Tea Party folks are not violent and not racist. They are activists, and I like that. Many of them are taking action for the first time in their life, and I like that. And nearly all of them appear willing – if provided the information and the opportunity – to use some of their activism to stop the amnesty that Senate Majority Leader Reid has been promising incessantly over the last week.

Whether or not you agree with the Tea Party's political agenda, I think you have to agree that these are regular American citizens making legitimate use of their citizens’ rights of political action. The media has been reporting that the Tea Party is racist. NumbersUSA member Nathanial Stuart asked Tea Parties in D.C. watch his video at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CLPhz0DHM

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusab ... gton-dc.ht
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Woooo Hoooo GO GET'EM TEA PARTY

Good news. Does anyone have a copy of the full e-mail?