Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tea party opposing illegal immigration will be today in F.W.

'Tea party’ opposing illegal immigration will be today in Fort Worth
    Posted Friday, Nov. 13, 2009
    By ANNA M. TINSLEY
    atinsley @star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH — There’s a new tea party in town — at least for today.

More than 50 "Tea Parties Against Amnesty and Illegal Immigration" — events opposing illegal immigration and amnesty plans that may arise in Congress — will be held nationwide today, including one at noon at the Tarrant County Courthouse.

"We want to try to prevent the Obama administration from passing . . . and giving voting rights to millions of illegal aliens," said William Gheen, president of the Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, a group created to oppose illegal immigration and amnesty. "We hope to galvanize the support of Americans."

The event is directed largely at measures that U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., could soon file about an immigration overhaul or amnesty. Gutierrez has asked supporters to take part in a national conversation about immigration.

"It is time we had a workable plan making its way through Congress that recognizes the vast contributions of immigrants to this country and that honors the American dream," Gutierrez has said. "I am preparing such a plan." Opponents are holding rallies today in cities including Fort Worth and Austin, and they are planning larger events as well.

"These events are warm-ups for more rallies in the spring," Gheen said. "This will be the top issue discussed in the country by 2010."

Jane Patterson, the local organizer and treasurer with the national opposition group, said she expects the Fort Worth event to be a "low-key community get-together" where people discuss their concerns about illegal immigration.

The group’s news release about the event says "any members of racist groups like MS-13, The Brown Berets, KKK, Aztlan Separatists, Neo Nazis, National Council of La Raza, MALDEF, LULAC, or Media Matters will be removed from our protest locations by police if detected."

"If they are detected anywhere near us . . . we will attempt to have them removed," Gheen said. "Their agenda is not reflective of the American majority views.  . . .  We have full opposition to these groups and do not want them with us."

Karl Frisch, a senior fellow at Media Matters for America, said he’s concerned about the group.

"I think they are sipping something a bit stronger than tea," said Frisch, whose group is known as a liberal nonprofit media watchdog. "I really do worry about their health. I also wish them the best luck purging their audience and membership of xenophobic racists."

The group describes itself as a multiparty and multiethnic national organization created in 2004 to oppose illegal immigration and amnesty and support border security and enforcement of immigration laws.

Patterson and Rebecca Forrest, co-founder of the Immigration Reform Coalition of Texas, plan to speak at the Fort Worth rally.

"There is a huge disconnect between Washington, D.C., and the people of the United States," Gheen said. "You see that reflected in countless issues, including illegal immigration and freedom of speech.

"Our stated goal is to stop and reverse illegal immigration . . . and any form of path to citizenship for illegals."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you go Who: Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    What: "Tea party" rally opposing amnesty and illegal immigration
    When: Noon-3 p.m. today

Where: Tarrant County Courthouse, 100 E. Weatherford St., Fort Worth

For more information: 866-703- 0864 or www.alipac.us

Our stated goal is to stop and reverse . . . any form of path to citizenship for illegals."
    William Gheen, the group’s president

http://www.star-telegram.com/238/story/1761294.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I think they are sipping something a bit stronger than tea," said Frisch, whose group is known as a liberal nonprofit media watchdog. "I really do worry about their health. I also wish them the best luck purging their audience and membership of xenophobic racists."
    Shows what he knows about our group. More name calling when you don't have anything intelligent to offer.

We have the law on our side, or should anyway. Just enforce our laws so we don't have to go through amnesty talk every 10-20 years. Jeez!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Shows what he knows about our group. More name calling when you don't have anything intelligent to offer.

We have the law on our side, or should anyway. Just enforce our laws so we don't have to go through amnesty talk every 10-20 years. Jeez!

Jean, when they call you a xenophobe racist, you know that you are winning, thats how i look at it
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Karl Frisch, a senior fellow at Media Matters for America, said he’s concerned about the group.

Well, I guess I can refer him to my doctor for my clean bill of health and he can set up a urinalysis for me to pass. What a petty little name caller.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)