Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have AP English courses and I will assume the majority who take those classes are also fluent in English ( perhaps not at the AP level).

I also believe the majority of those students who speak Spanish and who are also taking Spanish AP courses are doing so because they know it will be easy (easier) AP credit. Heck, I took AP English courses for the same reason! This is not surprising given the extremely competitive nature of college admissions. Every student wants to gain that extra advantage in front of a college admissions board,which may include taking an AP course in which they had some pre-existing experience or knowledge of the curriculum.

I also have no problems with requiring a foreign language, so long as students have a choice in regards to what language they want to study. By no means should they be required to take any one particular foreign language.

However, I believe the real issue here is whether or not (especially given the extreme budget constraints we are now facing in CA) we should be offering AP level courses in any foreign languages ( English is not yet a foreign language in California).

Quite frankly, I suspect students would be better served by sticking to the core subjects when it comes to AP courses, and offering traditional level courses in foreign languages. I'm not an educator ( father was one for over 30 years) just someone who likes to use comon sense in light of the challenges this state is facing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Lemon Grove Middle School
    7866 Lincoln Avenue
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5628

District Offices

Lemon Grove School District
    8025 Lincoln Street
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5600
    www.lgsd.k12.ca.us

The Superintendent's "Welcome" statement is written in both English and Spanish.

Members of the Lemon Grove School Board with email contact forms for each:
    http://lemongroveschools1.net/134110826 ... efault.asp
    Beter yet. I am the pricipal of LGMS and this program was my idea. Feel free to communicate with me for more info.(MOD EDIT)

It would be nice if you showed this much interest in the American Citizens needing to learn Spainish so they can cuss back. Schools are aiding and abetting undocumented families, so per family cut funding by 1 percent by the Latino population in schools. Principal just maybe you will not get a tax paid check anymore. By the way how many undocumented families are you personally sponsoring, principal?

Spoon Feed The Illegal Some More
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ambler
    7866 Lincoln Avenue
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5628

District Offices

8025 Lincoln Street
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5600
    www.lgsd.k12.ca.us

The Superintendent's "Welcome" statement is written in both English and Spanish.

Beter yet. I am the pricipal of LGMS and this program was my idea. Feel free to communicate with me for more info.(MOD EDIT)
    Nice a person in question in article posts personal info here to invite the free flow of ideas and gets censored. Pretty much sums it up.

Don't aid and abet people, principal. It might come back and bite you, schools, churches and other organizations. I know you only see your side ambler. And why would anyone contact your self-servicing self. Think of the taxpayer's money you are spending. Are you getting a bit worried about immigration laws in your State and America? I would if I was a teacher, even.

I wonder how many corporations hire the undocumented parents of the students that donate to your schools?

April
    Please help save these states!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-858102.html#858102

7866 Lincoln Avenue
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5628

District Offices

8025 Lincoln Street
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5600
    www.lgsd.k12.ca.us

You are the principal? Beter and pricipal as you have spelled has me questioning that you are who you say you are. If I were a school principal, I would make sure that my spelling is correct before I hit the "submit" button.

With that being said if you want a debate you have one. Why should taxpayers be paying for this absurd program? Even if taxpayers weren't paying for it, it is still an absurd program. In case you haven't noticed, we live in the USA, we speak English here. We are supposed to a melting pot, but you are teaching it's okay to segregate becuase these kids can't speak the language of our country. They will remain a separate part of America. In these economic times, you are about to see a very large backlash from the general American population that will finally wake up and see the damage that people like you are causing. It's NOT okay to break our laws. You are aiding in criminal activity if you support illegal immigrant agenda's. I would really like to see your point of view on this issue and welcome to the forum by the way.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    7866 Lincoln Avenue
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5628

District Offices

8025 Lincoln Street
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5600
    www.lgsd.k12.ca.us

You are the principal? Beter and pricipal as you have spelled has me questioning that you are who you say you are. If I were a school principal, I would make sure that my spelling is correct before I hit the "submit" button.

With that being said if you want a debate you have one. Why should taxpayers be paying for this absurd program? Even if taxpayers weren't paying for it, it is still an absurd program. In case you haven't noticed, we live in the USA, we speak English here. We are supposed to a melting pot, but you are teaching it's okay to segregate becuase these kids can't speak the language of our country. They will remain a separate part of America. In these economic times, you are about to see a very large backlash from the general American population that will finally wake up and see the damage that people like you are causing. It's NOT okay to break our laws. You are aiding in criminal activity if you support illegal immigrant agenda's. I would really like to see your point of view on this issue and welcome to the forum by the way.
    I am not breaking any laws and you don't have any idea what the legal status of my students is.

jshhmr: Thank you, I was waiting on someone to drive this point "home". Next

So does the principal know the status of the students and their parents?

Interesting Anchor Baby Liberal

Is this principal getting put on short time pay? Four days a week, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    7866 Lincoln Avenue
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5628

District Offices

8025 Lincoln Street
    Lemon Grove, CA 91945
    619/825-5600
    www.lgsd.k12.ca.us

I am not breaking any laws and you don't have any idea what the legal status of my students is.
    What's the point? Some forum. Someone else puts the school's number up, no problem. I post my direct extension, and the moderator censors it.

Point taken that I should proofread all my posts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast