Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Team McCain: Immigration statement poorly worded

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/05/23/t ... ly-worded/

Team McCain: Immigration statement poorly worded
    posted at 12:45 pm on May 23, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Jim Geraghty reached out to the John McCain campaign to ask them …. well, to ask them what the hell John McCain was thinking yesterday. Instead of dancing around it, Geraghty’s source acknowledged the damage done by the statement, but insisted it was just an example of poor wording. Their commitment to border security first has not changed, they said:

I doubt this will mitigate the anger of bloggers like John Hawkins much, but Team McCain tells me there’s been no change in his stance on immigration — secure the border first, deal with other aspects of illegal immigration once the border is secure. Recently, McCain made comments that seemed to suggest he was eager to get to the second part, which conservatives and border security types are understandably wary about. ….

Team McCain tells me the senator’s comments were poorly worded. There’s been no discussion within the campaign of altering their stance on illegal immigration, and as far as everyone on the campaign is concerned, the policy is still, ’secure the border first.’
    If so, then Senator McCain needs to make a rather high-profile attempt to clear up the confusion. I didn’t think he had departed from his previous positions, but clearly that was the impression that was left with people, and not necessarily unreasonably so.

It’s admirable that they acknowledged the mistake, but McCain needs to perform better now that he’s won the nomination, especially on this hot-button issue. He has to know that a large number of conservatives mistrust him on this specific issue, and that anything said on the trail about immigration will get very close scrutiny. He can’t afford missteps like this.

If you live in the locations below, please attend a Town Hall Meeting and confront John McCain regarding his recent flip-floping on the illegal immigration issue. Video recording and posting on Youtube would be Golden for those of us who want to expose McCain

Use this calendar to find the latest events for John McCain 2008!

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Calendar/

Town Hall Meeting in Reno, NV

What: Town Hall Meeting in Reno, NV
    When: May 28, 2008
    Where: 2680 East 9th St
    Reno, NV 89512

John McCain returns to Nevada for a Town Hall Meeting on Wednesday, May 28th in Reno. The doors open at 9:00am.

Click here to RSVP for the event.
    http://www.johnmccain.com/ste/eventrsvp ... 2231c256d6

You do not need a confirmation nor reply from campaign staff to attend the event.

Nevada Town Hall Meeting
    Doors open at 9:00am
    Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows
    2680 East 9th Street
    Reno, NV 89512

Town Hall Meeting in Greendale, WI

What: Town Hall Meeting in Greendale, WI
    When: May 29, 2008
    Where: 5201 South 76th Street
    Greendale, WI 53129

John McCain returns to Wisconsin for a Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, May 29th in Greendale. The doors open at 3:30pm.

You do not need a confirmation nor reply from campaign staff to attend the event.

Wisconsin Town Hall Meeting
    Doors open at 3:30pm
    Greendale Martin Luther High School
    5201 South 76th Street Greendale, WI 53129

Town Hall Meeting, Nashville, TN

What: Town Hall Meeting, Nashville, TN
    When: June 2, 2008
    Where: 116 Fifth Avenue North
    Nashville, TN 37219

John McCain returns to Tennessee for a Town Hall Meeting on Monday, June 2nd in Nashville. The doors open at 12:30pm.

Tennessee Town Hall Meeting
    Doors open at 12:30pm
    Ryman Auditorium
    116 Fifth Avenue North
    Nashville, TN 37219

NJ Town Hall Meeting, Pemberton

What: NJ Town Hall Meeting, Pemberton
    When: June 13, 2008
    Where: Burlington County College, The Physical Education Building
    601 Pemberton Browns Mills Road
    Pemberton, NJ08068

John McCain returns to New Jersey for a Town Hall Meeting on Friday, June 13th in Pemberton. The doors open at 9:30am.

Team McCain

I don't believe he ever changed his position on comprehensive reform and amnesty for 40 million lawbreakers.

What are his plans to "Secure the Border"? What does he consider "secure"? Who will decide and what goals are to be met before the borders are declared secure?

I have not heard him answer any of these questions. I have heard reports from high ranking Border Patrol officers that "we are not here to guard against immigrants, or even drug trafficers. We are here to guard against terrorism".

McCain's idea of secure borders are much different from mine, I am sure.

Hey everyone,
    PLEASE remember that this is all rhetoric. McCain's voting record hasn't changed, which implies his stance hasn't either.

Remember what ol' Dubya ran on in 2000? He claimed he'd have a non-interventionist foreign policy that looked to extend "olive branches" rather that fight, occupy, or nation-build. He claimed to be against any military intervention without broad support and congressional approval.

Since then he has done the EXACT opposite!

So please don't waste your brain power trying to disseminate McCain's statements or media soundbytes, as it's exactly the waste of time on which the MSM hopes you'll focus your time.

All we can do is keep fighting regardless of the hopeless twits from which they've given us to choose. It will be an uphill battle, for sure. But I believe the 70% of Americans who agree with us will prevail no matter what pinhead they (corporate interests) finagle into the White House.

Team McCain: No Shift Away From Border Security First
    May 23, 2008

I doubt this will mitigate the anger of bloggers like John Hawkins much, but Team McCain tells me there's been no change in his stance on immigration — secure the border first, deal with other aspects of illegal immigration once the border is secure. Recently, McCain made comments that seemed to suggest he was eager to get to the second part, which conservatives and border security types are understandably wary about.

“Senator Kennedy and I tried very hard to get immigration reform, a comprehensive plan, through the Congress of the United States,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

bac
    Texan123, I think he answered the border security question in this Ohio town hall meeting, as quoted by Rush Limbaugh:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6xjm9x

MCCAIN: Our southern border is now secure.

WTH? How can he say that? I guess the next stop is comprehensive reform. I wish I could vote for him, but I just can't.

Re: Team McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123

What are his plans to "Secure the Border"? What does he consider "secure"? Who will decide and what goals are to be met before the borders are declared secure?
    He has stated, that after taking office, he will have the governors of border States certify when their borders with Mexico are secure. In other words, he expects us to trust Schwarzenegger, Napolitano, Richardson and Perry to tell us when their States' borders with Mexico are secure.

bac
    My point, POTUS, is that he didn't say that in Ohio.

Unless he was misquoted, which I doubt, he said the border is secure.

This is the worst election I can recall in my 52 years. We have two marxists and a lunatic to choose from.

well, well, get this guess who mcshames friends with?

www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/002666.html
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by bac
    My point, POTUS, is that he didn't say that in Ohio.

Unless he was misquoted, which I doubt, he said the border is secure.

This is the worst election I can recall in my 52 years. We have two marxists and a lunatic to choose from.
    I doubt that he was misquoted, and saying the border with Mexico is now secure, is something I'd expect from McCain. The song and dance via the governors of border States is McCain's way of "proving" the borders are secure, assuming he becomes the 44th president. It's absolute nonsense, of course, but he's relying on a Democrat Party that is sympatico with his open borders agenda, not to mention many Republicans, and a complicit "mainstream" media, to sell that particular bill of goods to the American people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast