Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar

Re: TEAMSTERS / GRIDLOCK PROTEST?

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian_001
    Why don't the teamsters and independent truck drivers shut down (or slow to a crawl) a few major highways to protest BOOSHES mexican trucks?
    I don't know, it might be impossible to do since most truckers are barely making ends meet with high fuel prices, but has anyone else thought about this?
    Just looks to me like the Teamsters would throw a "rolling" strike in senor BOOSHES face. Anybody have any thoughts???
    He11, I'll stop my car in the middle of the street if it will help keep these pathetic excuses for truck drivers off our roads. If anybody spots one of these Mexican trucks, all Americans in the vicinity should immediately reduce their speed to the lowest allowed on that road. Form a line blocking all the lanes and refuse to let them pass. I'd drive from Chicago to Idaho if I had one of them behind me and they couldn't get around. If they start acting aggresive, call 911.
    I'm afraid that this would be very risky! They will be so tanked that they will hit your car. I hope you don't do this! There are other ways to disable tractor-trailers! Let them drive on the parkways around here where the bridge height is only 9 feet or so!!! That wll stop'em!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I think I have already experienced a teamster slow down. I was getting very mad on my way to work this morning. (Before I know about the possibility of this) Two trucks side by side were going west at 30 in a 35 MPH area of Grand Ave (normally the traffic flows at 40, (don’t tell the police!)). It was effective; people (myself included) were getting really upset. I was about 4 cars back of the trucks, but in my rear-view mirror I could see that it beginning to back for blocks. Note: It is never like that; even in a snowstorm traffic flows better.

It may have just been two trucker buddies clowning around, and not having anything to do with this, but I see that it can be effective. It was so annoying that I was going to give them a middle finger salute if I caught up to them. But I see now that if it really was a trucker protest, then it will be thumbs up all the way!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    Why don't the teamsters and independent truck drivers shut down (or slow to a crawl) a few major highways to protest BOOSHES mexican trucks?
    I don't know, it might be impossible to do since most truckers are barely making ends meet with high fuel prices, but has anyone else thought about this?
    Just looks to me like the Teamsters would throw a "rolling" strike in senor BOOSHES face. Anybody have any thoughts???
    He11, I'll stop my car in the middle of the street if it will help keep these pathetic excuses for truck drivers off our roads. If anybody spots one of these Mexican trucks, all Americans in the vicinity should immediately reduce their speed to the lowest allowed on that road. Form a line blocking all the lanes and refuse to let them pass. I'd drive from Chicago to Idaho if I had one of them behind me and they couldn't get around. If they start acting aggresive, call 911.
    I'm afraid that this would be very risky! They will be so tanked that they will hit your car. I hope you don't do this! There are other ways to disable tractor-trailers! Let them drive on the parkways around here where the bridge height is only 9 feet or so!!! That wll stop'em!!!
    You are right. I had forgetten that they don't get behind the wheel with a blood alcohol level less than 0.08. Did you know Mexico uses the metric system? That coupled with the fact that the majority probably will not be able to read English (or read at all) guarantees that they will be getting stuck under bridges, driving into swamps, etc. Haha!

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    You are right. I had forgetten that they don't get behind the wheel with a blood alcohol level less than 0.08. Did you know Mexico uses the metric system? That coupled with the fact that the majority probably will not be able to read English (or read at all) guarantees that they will be getting stuck under bridges, driving into swamps, etc. Haha!
    LOL swamps!!! Thats great!!!

I wonder if they know what this sign means?

And its not blood alcohol level!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12