Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ted Hayes attacked while denouncing violence

Anti-Immigration Homeless Advocate Attacked While Denouncing Violence Against African-Americans
    Friday , August 17, 2007
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293606,00.html

This is a rush transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," August 16, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Homeless advocate and immigration opponent Ted Hayes was assaulted this past Tuesday for spreading his message that illegal immigrants are damaging this country and specifically attacking African-Americans.

An immigration group started false rumors about Hayes being connected to the Ku Klux Klan, which resulted in a black militant assaulting Hayes and spitting at him during a press conference. Eventually, the LAPD was called, and two officers had to wrestle the aggressor to the ground before arresting him.

Ted Hayes joins us now.

Ted, I've known you a long time. We haven't always agreed. But I want to bring specifically into this you're against illegal immigration and you've taken a stand. Somebody just attacked you for your views.

TED HAYES, IMMIGRATION OPPONENT: Actually, yes sir. Actually, the guy just spit in my face. That's the first time something like that really ever happened.

HANNITY: Is that on tape?

HAYES: No. We did not get a chance to catch that. But we were having a news conference out in front of the L.A. Symphony, Choose Black America, which is the organization that I chair.

We were having a news conference about the murders in Newark, New Jersey, and the failure of the elected officials to obey their oath of office to protect us and that we're having the same kinds of problems here in Los Angeles.

And we're calling on Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and particularly L.A. City Council Bernard Parks to help us dispel this rumor so that we can end the violence, but they refuse to do so.

HANNITY: Let's go to the heart of the message that you're bringing here. And that is that illegal immigrants are damaging the country and specifically attacking African-Americans. Do you see this as a growing phenomenon and danger?

HAYES: Yes, sir. It's getting out of hand, and it's getting to the point where they're callous about doing it, to the point where they don't mind threatening us. They threatened my life, you know, and said, “We’re going to cut your throat.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn