Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TENNESSEE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT SUED BY ILLEGALS

(quote)

Tennessee Sheriff's Department Sued By Illegals

by B.Jay Johnson

The Bradley News has been closely following the case of an illegal alien who crashed his car, tearing through a fence at a home on Club Drive.

The incident happened in March 2007. Now, finally, it appears that justice is about to be served in the case.

Bradley County authorities have ordered Everado Velazquez to pay restitution to homeowner Otis Eaton. Velazquez has also been forced to pay for the repairs on the fence at Eaton's home.

Police records show that Velazquez was drunk when his car plowed into a tree at the Eaton residence. Eaton says his grandchildren had been playing in the yard just minutes before the crashed occurred.

Velazquez fled the scene on foot, but was later arrested and charged with several violations. He was driving someone else's vehicle and did not have a driver's license or insurance. Investigators also say he had no form of identification or paperwork to prove he was a legal citizen.

Judge Sheridan Randolph released Velazquez on $1,000 bond. However, Velazquez did not appear at his June 22 court date. Bradley County sheriff's deputies then re-arrested the Mexican illegal.

Later, at another court date, the judge ordered Velazquez to pay the restitution to Mr. Eaton.

Circuit Court Clerk Gayla Miller confirmed with the Bradley News last Friday that she is prepared to cut Eaton a check to cover the repairs to his fence.

Meanwhile, Velazquez will be given back roughly $140 after the restitution is subtracted from his $1,000 bond. He will then be set free and the case will be closed.

Many people question why authorities do not hold illegal aliens for deportation in cases such as this. However, there is no law that requires them to do so.

Right now, the 287(g) program is the most comprehensive way in which local law enforcement can detain illegal aliens. The program allows them to check the criminal background of each illegal alien who is taken into custody.

Currently, only those illegals who have been charged with high-level felonies are being held for deportation. That means illegals such as Everado Velazquez are basically being given a slap on the wrist.

The Velazquez case is making headlines in Bradley County at a time when another high-profile case in Tennessee is drawing national attention.

Eleven illegal aliens are suing the Maury County Sheriff's Office in Columbia. The illegals claim Maury County deputies entered their home illegally and violated their constitutional and civil rights.

Maury County Sheriff Enoch George says his officers were searching for Juan Villa, a rape suspect, at the time.

The arrests were made on July 3 when George and several of his deputies and federal immigration agents raided a mobile home park in Columbia.

Sheriff George says the rights of the illegal aliens were not violated.

"What we're doing is we are not having roundups of people who are illegal," said George. "We are having ICE agents to come in and assist us in arresting these people who have committed major crimes."

A woman who lives in the mobile home park where the raid happened said she is scared the officers are targeting Hispanics.

"It's very frightening to me and my kids because we are from here," said the woman. She did not want to be identified. "I think that just because of the color of my skin, they are going to come knocking on my door."

Immigrant attorney Elliott Ozment is representing the 11 illegal aliens.

"It's our contention that there were basic constitutional rights that were violated," said Ozment.

According to the lawsuit Ozment filed on behalf of the illegal aliens, "Law enforcement violated the immigrants' rights with the illegal stop, search, seizure interrogation, and (warrantless) arrest, all without probably cause."

Sheriff George has indicated he is considering bringing the 287 (g) program to Maury County. It would allow jailers to check the immigration status of its inmates. It is the same program that is already in place in Davidson County.

One of the problems other Tennessee counties are facing in regards to 287 (g) is the cost of the program.

Davidson County Sheriff Daron Hall says his department has been inundated with inquiries from other sheriff's departments in central Tennessee. Many of those counties are reluctant to adopt the program because they are concerned they cannot afford it.

The program provides federal training and equipment to sheriff's departments, making it possible to identify and help deport illegal immigrants who are booked into county jails.

But departments that participate are required to pay for extra officers to conduct the immigration duties - a luxury many sheriffs say they just can't afford.

The Davidson County Sheriff's Department has 15 officers trained in immigration work. It is one of only 21 police agencies in the nation using the program.

Rutherford County is about to become the second Tennessee county to be approved for 287 (g). Ten deputies there are expected to begin immigration training in November.

But allocating that much manpower for immigration enforcement is beyond the reach of many sheriff's departments across the state.

"Do you understand how that can cripple a small department like mine?" said Maury County Sheriff George Enoch.

In recent months, Maury County has tackled illegal immigration informally, inviting agents from the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on criminal investigations in neighborhoods with large numbers of illegal aliens.

(quote)

http://www.bradleyweekly.com/news.cfm?id=5329&issue=295

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do Illegals have a Constitution? HA!
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Did I read that right?????????
    Violating THEIR "Constitutuional Rights"?
    and what rights are those.....they are ILLEGALS...they Invaded our country....they are not supposed to be here....they do NOT have any Constitutional Rights....If we went to Mexico illegally...we would be deported sooooooo fast....This is rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The Bradley News has been closely following the case of an illegal alien who crashed his car, tearing through a fence at a home on Club Drive.
    Velazquez fled the scene on foot, but was later arrested and charged with several violations. He was driving someone else's vehicle and did not have a driver's license or insurance. Investigators also say he had no form of identification or paperwork to prove he was a legal citizen.
    Meanwhile, Velazquez will be given back roughly $140 after the restitution is subtracted from his $1,000 bond. He will then be set free and the case will be closed.
    This makes absolutely no sense. These folk know the individual was an illegal, they even said as much. Why wasn't ICE contacted? This dude skipped out on his first hearing and was never made to pay for his crimes. Restitution for destroyed private property is not paying for his crimes against society! Furthermore, this case is an excellent example of "catch & release." This crap is going on every week in our country and frankly, it's tearing me up! The rule of law is quickly being eroded by liberal judges and law enforcement agencies that either have their hands tied or refuse to enforce the law.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ICE does not care.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Do Illegals have a Constitution? HA!
    I KNOW! What a joke.
    For some reason, illegals seem to think they have "senators" too, because they always tell each other to make themselves heard when it comes tp amnesty and the Dream Act.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Paige wrote:

ICE does not care.
    That may be, however, that is no excuse for local law enforcement not to contact them when all evidence points to the criminal being an illegal alien.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A woman who lives in the mobile home park where the raid happened said she is scared the officers are targeting Hispanics.

"It's very frightening to me and my kids because we are from here," said the woman. She did not want to be identified. "I think that just because of the color of my skin, they are going to come knocking on my door."

I am so sick of this bull.......maybe if people who had brown skin didn't commit so many crimes and maybe if so many weren't guilty of so many crimes.....they wouldn't be scared. Heck "white" people commit crimes and I'm not in a panic when the police come through my neighborhood. I mean please......come up with some new line and please....leave the kids out of it. If you're a criminal.......you ought to be scared. I don't care what your skin color is. Time to quit hiding behind it as an excuse.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Eleven illegal aliens are suing the Maury County Sheriff's Office in Columbia. The illegals claim Maury County deputies entered their home illegally and violated their constitutional and civil rights.
    What about all the "violations" they're guilty of? Like, for instance, violating U.S. laws against entering our country illegally. Hey! I have an idea! Why don't we sue these 11 illegal aliens for VIOLATING OUR LAWS???

What a concept, huh?

Sigh....don't people GET IT?? They violated OUR LAWS!!! They're GUILTY OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR, and then when we go after them...they cry foul and accuse us of violating their constitutional and civil rights. And our courts buy into this crap? It's as if nobody has the ability to REASON anymore. WE ARE NOT THE CRIMINALS.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

According to the lawsuit Ozment filed on behalf of the illegal aliens, "Law enforcement violated the immigrants' rights with the illegal stop, search, seizure interrogation, and (warrantless) arrest, all without probably cause."
    The lawyer needs to read the '96 statute. They don't need a warrant and the fact it is known as an "illega alien" area is probable cause enough! They have NO case, and especially with ICE accompaning them. It's an intimadation suit hoping to settle brought on by a bottom-feeding lawyer looking to make a name and some cash.

The attorney who filed the lawsuit, Elliott Ozment, declined to say whether those arrested were legally in the country, saying it has no relevance to the lawsuit.

Maybe it's not relevant to the lawsuit, but it sure is relevant to common sense and the court of public opinion.
    United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 U.S. 259 (1990)

"Chief Justice Rehnquist authored an opinion, joined by Justices White, Scalia and O'Connor, contending that "the people" intended to be protected by the Fourth Amendment were the people of the United States, and that the defendant in this case lacked a sufficient relationship with the U.S. to call upon the U.S. Constitution for protection"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... o-Urquidez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast