Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Terry family prepares for agent's funeral, and rips Obama

Terry family prepares for agent's funeral, and rips Obama admin
    Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:36 PM CST
    Updated: Dec 22, 2010 12:50 PM CST
    Video:: Hundreds gather in Michigan to remember Agent Brian Terry
    4:09

Reporter: Joel Waldman
    Web Producer: Brian Pryor, Layla Tang

BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (KGUN9-TV) – Hundreds gathered Monday night at Michigan's Molnar Funeral Home for a viewing for U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

According to authorities, the 40-year-old was murdered in a battle with border bandits one week ago near Rio Rico. He died hours later at a nearby hospital. Four of the bandits were arrested, but a fifth is still on the loose, despite an intensive search by numerous law enforcement agencies.

With a tragic week winding down, it's hard to believe the Terry family still mustered up some energy to laugh. For them, remembering the old days brought some much needed smiles.

Brian Terry's older brother, Kent Terry Jr., was just one year older than his brother. He said he always tried to protect his younger sibling, although the family knew the little boy wanted to grow up to protect everyone else. Terry recalled an incident in the early 1980's when the boys started a fire in the woods.

"(Someone asked us) did you burn the woods? Wasn't us! (My) buddy's hair singed! Wasn't us!" Kent Jr. laughed.

Kent Terry Sr. also had a hunch his son would go into law enforcement after one day, long ago, he got pulled over by a patrol officer with Brian in the car. He said Brian was just about eight years old at the time.

"He says, sir, do you know that wheel is wobbling? Brian is standing behind me and he says I'm going to be a state trooper when I grow up. I want be a state trooper. You got a neat uniform," he recalled.

It turned out Brian got to wear many uniforms. Not only did he serve as a Border Patrol agent, but also as a Marine and a police officer. Despite his willingness to face danger head-on, no one ever expected him to be buried at just 40 years old.

"Your brother was shot and killed by the bullet of an AK47 which is a much more high powered rifle than what your brother was using. How does that sit with you?" 9 On Your Side Reporter Joel Waldman asked Kent Jr.

"Where did they get the fire power? Stop it right there. Start going after them kind of guys," he replied.

"You have pain, but you feel proud," said Kelly Willis, Brian's sister.

"My body is numb. It's hard to think, hard to function," added Kent Terry Sr.

Eventually that Terry laughter turned to tears and then anger at some very specific people when Waldman asked what Christmas would be like without Brian.

"Not like Janet's (Napolitano). Not like (President) Obama's. Empty, empty. I hope (President) Obama has a nice Christmas," the elder Terry said sarcastically.

"He (Brian) hasn't been home for many years for Christmas," said Kelly Willis. "It's the first one he was going to be home for many years. He just came home the wrong way. He's home, but not the right way."

The Terrys feel mistreated by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. Brian's stepmother says the Secretary is not doing enough to protect the southern U.S. border, just enough to save her own job.

"Now she can get on the news and say she called the family of agent Brian Terry to make her look good," said Carolyn Terry.

"You're not impressed by the fact that the secretary called you?" Waldman asked.

"Oh, no! Oh no! After how many times she blew us off? We didn't get one answer from her. She talked all around everything just like the President does," Carolyn Terry said.

"In March a rancher was killed, then a sheriff's deputy was shot, now your brother was murdered. How much more do you think it takes before something substantial is done?" Waldman asked.

"It takes for the government to get your you know what together. (They should) worry about the USA," said Kelly Willis.

"I hope he didn't die for nothing. I hope they shut the border down. They got to shut it down," pleaded Kent Terry Sr.

Agent Brian Terry was supposed to be Christmas shopping with his family on Tuesday. He had wanted to buy Kindles for his nieces and nephews. Instead, those nieces and nephews will grieving for their uncle this Christmas.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13725138

Related:

DHS boss Napolitano addresses criticisms from Terry family
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-222656.html

AZ: KGUN9 viewers debate Napolitano interview
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-222654.html