Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas attorney fights illegal immigration rules

12:26 PM CST on Saturday, February 7, 2009

Associated Press

DALLAS -- When Bill Brewer struts through his 48th floor downtown office, he looks like just another high-powered Dallas attorney in an impeccable pinstriped suit and brightly colored tie.

He just might be working for free, however.

When he’s not handling disputes for multi-million dollar companies at the firm he co-founded more than two decades ago, he and other attorneys at Bickel & Brewer take on civil rights and commercial cases for clients who might not be able to pay at all.

Since opening the Bickel & Brewer Storefront, the law firm’s pro-bono satellite office in predominantly black south Dallas, he has guided lawsuits that, among others, won wheelchair athletes the right to compete in the New York City Marathon and helped a small Hispanic evangelical church nearly swindled out of its building.

The Long Island native also represents Farmers Branch landlords and residents fighting the Dallas suburb’s efforts to prevent illegal immigrants from renting apartments and houses. Brewer has filed numerous state and federal lawsuits contending that the city’s all-white leadership is trying to drive out the city’s growing Latino population.

“Generating an antagonism between Anglos and Hispanics is not the way to go,â€

Well, at least there's still a glimmer of hope for Hazleton and Farmers Branch. But when the judiciary crushes these two little towns, any hope for peace and respect for Mexico will be crushed with them. America's on the brink and I don't see any politicians resisting Mexico's push. Brewer, a Dallas millionaire lawyer, had his hat handed to him and the Farmers Branch door hit him in the butt. Embarrassed, he made it his mission to help Mexico crush the people in this town, just to show them the elites control all our daily lives, even in Texas. And what's up with the $480,000? So much for his noble claim, albeit a lie, to work pro bono. Farmers Branch officials often have been accused of being politically ambitious. Shoot, IMO, they're pikers compared to this ambitious wannabee. I predict he'll soon be on a ballot, especially if he wins this one.
    '58 Airedale

I assume Mr. Brewer feels he is giving back to the community by representing the illegal, undocumented, so-called guest workers that have already spread across the country like a plague. So would I, as an American citizen, get any pro-bono help? Probably not, as I Ingles real well. So the country that enabled his millions means nothing these days. This seems nothing more than ego and greed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)