Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm not a states rights person per se because of the poor history of states with slavery, civil rights, women's rights and gay rights, but I'm all for the right of states to secede if the federal government doesn't represent their will on other things like taxes, jobs, liberty, freedom, security, prosperity, trade, immigration and education.

So if Texas wants to secede and has a legitimate reason to do so like the failure of the US government to secure their 1254 miles of border with Mexico, then hell yeah! I'll stand with you 100%. The US government selling out Texas to Mexico and Guatemala was NOT the deal when Texas joined the Union in 1845. It was the exact opposite.

I'm watching the Tea Party in San Antonio right now, getting goose bumps all over for the pride I feel because of Texas. Some of the most decent, honest, best people I've ever known are from San Antonio, Abilene, Houston, Wichita Falls, Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas.

You want something done? Ask a Texan to do it. I swear that's true. How you all have coped with millions and millions of illegal aliens swarming into your state for the past 20 years is just incredible to me.

Tell that Governor of yours, that he's the Commander of Chief of the Texas National Guard and he can send those troops to the border to protect Texas without the permission of Washington, DC. And that's the legal truth of the matter. Then send the bill to your 34 Congressmen and 2 US Senators and tell them to get it paid. And if Obama refuses to cut the check to reimburse you for it, then file a demand for the payment in the San Antonio US Attorney's Office. There's something beautiful about poetic justice and what goes around comes around. If the feds want to tell states that immigration enforcement is a federal responsibility, then tell them "that's right, here's the bill for the Job You Wouldn't Do, now pay it."

And the American People will support you 110% with interest and legal fees, because 2/3 of our border problem is in Texas.

We love you, Texas. Git R Done, and the American People will reward you many times over for it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne

Sure, remain part of the US's Federal government conspiracy, and you will be Mexico immediately anyway... I'll take my chances with Texas over the US Federal government any day. They have been giving this country away to Mexico and the United Nations for years. We are just now waking up to it.
    I agree! The fed is going to give us away anyway. Our only chance here is ti fight by ourselves. I will put Texans up again the entire country of Mexico any day. REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!! REMEMBER SAN JACINTO!

The only thing that makes me LEARY is where was Perry when George Bush was giving us away to Mexico? Now all of the sudden he is up on his board riding the big wave..........?????
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Vortex, you've obviously not grown up in Texas or spent much time there. Trust me, we are fully capable of defending ourselves and taking care of our own. We were a republic before we became a state!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Sure, secede from the union, and you will be Mexico immediately. If our government and military has no more obligation to defend Texas, you guys are on your own. Rhetoric is fun, but realizing reality of any situation is key.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I might move to Texas!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Vortex, you've obviously not grown up in Texas or spent much time there. Trust me, we are fully capable of defending ourselves and taking care of our own. We were a republic before we became a state!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Sure, secede from the union, and you will be Mexico immediately. If our government and military has no more obligation to defend Texas, you guys are on your own. Rhetoric is fun, but realizing reality of any situation is key.

WE IN TEXAS TOOK CARE of our own after Hurricane IKE
    and we DID NOT WAIT for the federal government to come in and clean things up or anything like that. the people did it themselves.
    now they were glad to get some help from the government, but mot of that was TEXANS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

WE IN TEXAS TOOK CARE of our own after Hurricane IKE
    and we DID NOT WAIT for the federal government to come in and clean things up or anything like that. the people did it themselves.
    now they were glad to get some help from the government, but mot of that was TEXANS
    Exactly, we never whined and cried about what the FED needs to do like the Katrinas did. We suffered far greater loses, Galveston and surrounding areas were almost leveled. Most of my neighbors still haven't had damage repaired and we are having to sue insurance companies. We didn't ask for Military protection to keep out thieves and looters because we are capable of taking care of our own.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I have family in Houston, Texas and if this were to ever happen I might just have to move in with them and become a Texan . All my life I've been a Californian so it would be weird at first, but I think it would be a nice change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12