Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    I watched our illustrious Texas governor a couple of days ago on a news clip say that "Texas doesn't need a bill like Arizona's".

This REPUBLICAN governor also saw to it that all proposed bills regarding anything like the things in this bill never got out of committee last session - never saw the light of day or were given an open discussion on the floor, much less a vote by the Texas congress.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't it the Republicans who are driving the illegal alien issue? Why do you think our Republican Governor and his cronies would want to bury anything that has to do with illegals? They have some of the best conditions of anywhere in the country in Texas - including college educations.

There IS a large population of Hispanics in our state politics - House and Senate, but I don't believe all of them are for open borders or even illegal aliens. Try polling the Hispanic population in Texas. I believe you'd find a high percentage of them wanting strictly enforced laws and for the illegals to go back where they came from.
    Maybe he wants to serve his Elitist Political Contributors and their Special Interest Groups that financially benefit from their ILLEGALS.
    Folks, if we are to be successful in getting a bill through the Texas Legislature similar to the law in Arizona we must be honest about who was responsible for the failures in the past legislative sessions.

Speaker of the House, Joe Straus, assigned the bills dealing with illegal immigration to committees with chairman who would not let the bill out of committee. Joe Straus is the villain, not Governor Perry. During the 2011 legislative session we must watch Joe Straus, or who ever in elected Speaker very closely.

Extreme pressure may be needed to get Governor Perry to sign an immigration bill, but he really has nothing to do with the bills while they are in the legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfTheRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/dist33/ortiz.php

this is the loser who made the comment.
    his daddy is a US House Rep who also does not care for america,
    its laws or american citizens
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide the evidence of your comment that he said this. If he did, then we should be broadcasting it. If it is not provable, then we should not say it at all.
    the only problem is that it was in a 40 second news spot. and when talking to the district office in corpus, the staffer said YES he said it

I watched our illustrious Texas governor a couple of days ago on a news clip say that "Texas doesn't need a bill like Arizona's".

This REPUBLICAN governor also saw to it that all proposed bills regarding anything like the things in this bill never got out of committee last session - never saw the light of day or were given an open discussion on the floor, much less a vote by the Texas congress.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't it the Republicans who are driving the illegal alien issue? Why do you think our Republican Governor and his cronies would want to bury anything that has to do with illegals? They have some of the best conditions of anywhere in the country in Texas - including college educations.

There IS a large population of Hispanics in our state politics - House and Senate, but I don't believe all of them are for open borders or even illegal aliens. Try polling the Hispanic population in Texas. I believe you'd find a high percentage of them wanting strictly enforced laws and for the illegals to go back where they came from.
    Maybe he wants to serve his Elitist Political Contributors and their Special Interest Groups that financially benefit from their ILLEGALS.
    Folks, if we are to be successful in getting a bill through the Texas Legislature similar to the law in Arizona we must be honest about who was responsible for the failures in the past legislative sessions.

Speaker of the House, Joe Straus, assigned the bills dealing with illegal immigration to committees with chairman who would not let the bill out of committee. Joe Straus is the villain, not Governor Perry. During the 2011 legislative session we must watch Joe Straus, or who ever in elected Speaker very closely.

Extreme pressure may be needed to get Governor Perry to sign an immigration bill, but he really has nothing to do with the bills while they are in the legislature.

txguy1, Does your statement indicate that Perry and Straus are working at cross purpose? I have been under the impression that Straus held up any anti-ILLEGAL bills so Perry would not have to face the political decision to sign or not.

txguy1, Does your statement indicate that Perry and Straus are working at cross purpose? I have been under the impression that Straus held up any anti-ILLEGAL bills so Perry would not have to face the political decision to sign or not.
    Iccat, I not sure I know what you mean by "working at cross purpose." Is Straus consulting with Perry when he assigns bills to committee? I don't know. I read that rino Republicans and Democrats conspired to get Straus, a rino, elected as Speaker of the House in order to keep immigration bills tied up in committee.

Whatever the case, the voters must put pressure on Straus or whoever is the Speaker of the House in 2011 to get the immigration bills to the house floor for a vote.

We must also communicate with our own representative and let them know that we demand that immigration legislation be passed in 2011. Rick Hardcastle in my representative and has already received several faxes from me about illegal immigration.

The 2011 Legislative session will be unlike any in the past because of the success of the Arizona Legislature and the many other states that are introducing immigration bills similar to Arizona's law. The pressure is now on the state legislatures to act.

texguy1, I may be incorrect but I was thinking that Perry and Straus worked together on the bills because Perry didn't want to have any difficult decisions on supporting ILLEGAL immigration bills. It may cost him votes from the Pro-ILLEGAL voters and of course he knows he can count on us (?); you know the lesser of two evils, worked pretty good for McCain.

"ILLEGALS’ invading our Nation is not a partisan issue; there are Politicians in both major Political Parties who are against Amnesty, for Enforcement, and Securing our Borders. However, during the last few years I have learned that many Politicians that you vote for under a set of parameters much as children always test the limits of how far they go and to see what they can get away with in office. They have a lot of pressure from Special Interest Groups and Elitist Political Contributors and we have to continue to remind the Politicians that we will remove them from office if they want to serve the Special Interest Groups and not the Citizens. If the Elitist Politicians refuse their Citizens and only serve their Special Interest Groups our Nation will be lost so we must continue to REMIND!"

It would seem that Hispanics in the legislature would rather be surrounded by other Hispanics even if they have to break the law to do it. The answer for the rest of us is that if they are unwilling to do their job we need to not vote for them next time they run for office. Hispanics aren't the majority in this country yet and we still can vote them out!

PLEASE, "EVERYBODY", let US gather together and STOP the "take-over" of this country by "Immigrants" who, at present, we seem to be supporting!

STOP this IMMIGRATION NOW! PROTECT "YOUR" PROPERTY AND THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN!

DO "ALL" you can POSSIBLY do to STOP the TAKE-OVER of the "USA" by "MEXICO" or ANY other nation!

Be an "AMERICAN"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txguy1

Perry is a problem. We have all seen how Perry acts like he is conservative only when it helps him politically. He has backpeddeled on illegal immigration in the past. He is just another do nothing politician that has to go. We need true conservatives to carry the torch of freedom not Mr. Goodhair. He is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Added to Homepage with slightly amended title from anti-immigraton to anti-illegal immigration, there is a BIG difference:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-5200--0-0.html
    Ditto that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast