Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My dad says to "split it" in two building a fence in the middle that way both sides would have "water" and when the second "canal" gets built, dig it "DEEP AND WIDE". Not that he feels cruel but that maybe a the thought of drowning might keep them from attempting to cross.

He also suggested that maybe the land that is dug out could be transported to the Galveston Bay area or New Orleans ... they need to increase their sea level problem.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

woder?? if your going to do anything to it, make it deeper those
    these idiots cant WALK ACROSS the dang river

Mountaindog You know I don't know much about the area now - but I just never thought of the Rio Grande as carrying all that much water - but it might.

It isn't a river like you guys have in the NE. Oh, I was so impressed with all that water up there.

Of course, I can see a wider river spawning a whole new industry - people with fast boats to 'run the river'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not sure there is enough available water to make the river bigger. Here is an excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rio_Grande. I guess what you believe depends on how much credance you put in Wikipedia.

...In the summer of 2001 a 100m wide sandbar formed at the mouth of the river, marking the first time in recorded history that the Rio Grande failed to empty into the Gulf of Mexico. The sandbar was subsequently dredged, but it re-formed almost immediately. Spring rains the following year flushed the re-formed sandbar out to sea, but it returned in the summer of 2002. Since then the sandbar has remained and now forms a usable land bridge between the US and Mexico. Ecologists fear that unless rainfall returns to normal levels during the next few years and strict water conservation measures are adopted by communities along the river, the Rio Grande may soon become extinct...
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

avenger That's my impression - but like I said I haven't really seen it in 40 years.

I'm just not sure with the dams already on the river, and Mexico using more than their share of the water for irrigation, there would be enough to make a difference - but who knows.

You should take a satellite look at the river from Google Earth. Not much river there! As a matter of fact the sand bar looks like the continuation of the beach with a creek dead ending at it.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

Because of the drought (I've left TX) the water levels in the Rio Grande were low. There is a reservoir up the line, north of El Paso, which feeds the Rio Grande. I know because of the TX rains and flooding in 2006 it had come back up some but that is a river that feeds off the mountain precipitation. The water level were up in 2006, for at least a period, and there were drownings of illegals during that time.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

No, as I said, the people in the NE shouldn't consider it a river like the ones they have up there.

It maybe be the Rio Grande, but it's not all that 'grande'. But half of it is ours and I don't want to give it to Mexico.

1) The OBL loves this idea. Enough said. They'll do or say anything to prevent the fence from being built because they know it will significantly reduce illegal immigration and drug smuggling operations.

2) The Rio Grande isn't called the "Lazy River" for nothing. Widening it won't do anything to prevent illegals from crossing it and the OBL knows that.

3) Anyone who thinks widening a river is cheaper than building a fence needs a reality check.

4) There's such a thing called "irrigation", which will make it possible for the U.S. to still have access to the water long after the fence is built.

5) Any American who is dumb enough to recreate on the Rio Grande deserves to have their heads blown off by a smuggler. What kind of moron goes to one of the most dangerous areas in the world for a little fishing?

6) Why are Ron Paul and his supporters so determined to keep our southern border from being secured? Do they want drug smugglers, child rapists, and other criminals to continue illegally entering our country whenever they feel like it? Oh I forgot, they're afraid that the fence could be used to keep people in as opposed to keeping people out someday.

Maybe I'm wasting my time and money here at ALIPAC and should find another anti-illegal immigration PAC to support. Any recommendations? I'd like to find one whose members don't support ideas coming from the OBL and don't espouse anti-American conspiracy theories like L. Ron Paul's truther buddies.

Hellllooo, if the Cubans can cross 90 miles of ocean to get here, I am sure illegals can cross a river and makeing it wider is not going to stop them. BUILD THE DOUBLE FENCE, THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE PAID FOR and anyone who doesn't like it is free to move to Mexico!!!

Hunter just said last night the 9 billion dollars is there for the fence so cut the crap and build it!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!!! 11/29
    HELP STOP "NORTH CAROLINA COMMUNITY COLLEGES" FROM ADMITTING ILLEGALS !!(This could come to your community college next)
    WATCH VIDEO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zxJZBecp_0
    ACTION THREAD( CONTACT INFORMATION)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-92278.html
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC Please Contribute!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast