Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Senator Cornyn now a key figure on immigration reform

Please call Cornyn:
    ---

Irish Central Magazine
    by Patrick Roberts
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 08:51 AM

Texas Senator Cornyn now a key figure on immigration reform

Senator John Cornyn of Texas is believed to be the key figure that Senator Chuck Schumer and Senator Lindsay Graham are hoping to come onside to work towards immigration reform. Both men have said they need anther Republican before a reform bill can go ahead.

The Texas senator has been interested in the immigration issue and is not a knee jerk opponent of reform as long as it involves a long term solution to the undocumented problem.

Cornyn, who has Irish roots, may be queried on his stance over St.Patrick's Day by Irish government officials who are deeply interested in the question because of the large number of Irish undocumented.

Cornyn stayed involved in negotiations on the Kennedy/McCain bill far longer than his Republican colleagues and he is known to be concerned about the lack of Hispanic support for Republicans, especially in his home state of Texas. He is on record as saying strongly that Hispanics need to encouraged to join the Republican Party.

Schumer and Graham are meeting President Obama today to discuss the issue amid indications that Obama's approval numbers among Latinos are dropping steeply according to senior Democratic sources. The lack of movement on immigration reform is said to be the reason why.

Schumer says he is in position to deliver on immigration but needs at least one other Republican,other than Graham to come on side.Yesterday however, Graham,however, sounded far less enthusiastic about reform than he has on previous occasions leading some to wonder if he is feeling the right wing pressure in his home state of South Carolina

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/ ... 34837.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cornyn .. if you even sniff around at this bill, I trust Texas will make this your last term of office.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senator Cornyn was elected for another term during the last election thus he must think he has time to recover if he supports Graham's BLANKET AMNESTY! Of course he claimed NOT to support AMNESTY before the election. Sometimes these members of congress are just like children, always pushing the limits to determine how much they can getaway with for their Elitist Political Contributors and Special Interest Groups.

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    Senator Cornyn was elected for another term during the last election thus he must think he has time to recover if he supports Graham's BLANKET AMNESTY! Of course he claimed NOT to support AMNESTY before the election. Sometimes these members of congress are just like children, always pushing the limits to determine how much they can getaway with for their Elitist Political Contributors and Special Interest Groups.
    Cornyn has said we must secure the border first, before moving onto other issues (i.e., amnesty). Well, even Mr. Amnesty Lindsey Graham admitted yesterday (on the Mike Gallagher radio show) that Obama is not doing a good job on securing the border as he has cut the number of border agents.

So, even using Cornyn's own "secure the border first" logic, we should not be talking about legalization/amnesty as the border is still far from secure.

Please stress this to his office when you call him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just reminded him that American voters will remember in November.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Populist

So, even using Cornyn's own "secure the border first" logic, we should not be talking about legalization/amnesty as the border is still far from secure.

Please stress this to his office when you call him.
    Until we end jobs and birthright citizenship for illegal aliens it will be impossible to secure the border, they will find cracks to get in through. Now if they implemented the SAVE Act and required any current illegal alien to sign up for a work permit or green card from outside the USA that would "secure the border first".

Their "secure the border first" nonsense is another sick joke the ruling class play on us serfs, if they were serious it would be "secure the borders period".

Cornyn better remember how it effected his last election. He better remember the meetings with constituents and their outrage over amnesty and new visa increases!!!!

The border is not secure and Nero fiddles on his way to Asia.

Dixier

added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article5016.html

Please take action now to help with our calls to Cornyn's offices. Activism details found at this link....

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-191306.html

W

A Cornyn staffer just LIED to me about him opposing amnesty. I detailed it in another thread. His Senate website still brags about "comprehensive immigration reform." IOW, he hasn't changed since he carried water for El Presidente Jorge Boosh back in 2007.

The claim of a press release opposing amnesty was a lie. It isn't there...staffers are probably being instructed to LIE to callers while they do a CYA spin-move.
    Viva La Migra! [Hooray for the Border Patrol!] Viva Ramos! Viva Campean!* Good Riddance to El Presidente Jorge Boosh!

I just got off the phone with Sen Cornyns D.C. Office. His staff told me that the rumor of him supporting Amnesty for Illegal Aliens was totally false. I asked the again, and they told me point blank that Sen Cornyn does not support Amnesty. Well, I guess I will just have to wait and see what he does do and then go from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast