Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Town, Now Divided, & Bush's Stand on Immigration

Immigration

By JIM RUTENBERG
    Published: June 24, 2007

MIDLAND, Tex. — Late last spring, Republicans in this West Texas oil town called for a boycott of Doña Anita’s Mexican restaurant, a retaliatory step against its owner, Luz Reyes, for closing shop and showing up at a rally against proposed new penalties for illegal immigrants.

But President Bush’s three best friends here defied the boycott and went to the restaurant, Mr. Bush’s favorite when he lived here, regardless. One of them, the president’s close confidant and former commerce secretary, Donald L. Evans, told Ms. Reyes: “Luz, you didn’t do anything wrong. We love you.â€

All I can say is WOW
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

We should have learned more about bush as a governor and then elected someone else.

My Aunt lived next door to the Bush's and the boys destroyed her property while the guards refused to let my aunt to talk to the parents. The Bush's let the boys do what they wanted to with any penalty. W must have been concerned only about mexicans because they sure were not concerned what they did to Americans.

I can say more than WOW... since I live in Odessa, the next town over... our school system is inudated with CRUCIAL, MALDEF, and ACLU... we've had to buy trailers to house the extra students. The terrible 3 just mentioned are always suing us about something... the last time, and I think they're now involved in another suit, the outcome was that the kids were all moved around because of the ESL program and the ESL kids wound up inside the schools themselves so that "they can be closer to the bathrooms." I have been at Walmart at 2 AM... they quit speaking English and the overhead announcements were in Spanish only. The Aztlan teeshirts are becoming popular here. There's trucks with big pictures of Che whatever his name is, dumb communist, everywhere. They're buying houses with cash. You can't go shopping and not have your heels run over, nor can you get by in the aisles. It's getting that way with the streets... they just stop, everybody hops out, and stands there yakking in the middle of the street. They keep it as quiet as they can about the gangs but the old district attorney said that the gangs are better armed than our police department. Mexican flags are flying at auto dealerships. You can't leave anything out in the yard that you want to keep. Garage sales are free-for-alls... no way you can monitor theft. The ERs are full of people. Friday and Saturday nights the ER is full of domestic violence and just plain ole fights. They get mad if grandma who's 97 dies and pound holes in the hospital walls. This is NOT the town I grew up in where we left windows open and doors unlocked. In fact, most people I know have concealed carry licenses. Thanks, George! I keep looking at the sign on the highway going into Midland... Home of George & Laura Bush... and thinking there's got to be a way I can alter it to add TRAITOR.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Pistov - I love your jokes. I went and looked at them.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

The Hacendado
    Why is President Bush risking a nasty battle within his own party over immigration reform?

By Howard Fineman
    Newsweek
    Updated: 1:56 p.m. ET June 12, 2007

Though I’ve never heard him use the term, my guess is that George W. Bush sees himself as a hacendado, an estate owner in Old Mexico.
    That would give him a sense of Southwestern noblesse, duty-bound not just to work “hisâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Well, this explains a lot regarding Bush's attitude and why he has failed to enforce our written immigration laws and secure the border.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn