Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Thousands Support Illegal Immigrants in Charlotte, NC

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/ ... 43&SecID=4

Click Here to Watch Video

Pro-immigration rally supports bill
    3/25/2006 6:28:54 PM
    By: Brittany Morehouse, News 14 Carolina
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Thousands of people gathered in Marshall Park in uptown Charlotte on Saturday afternoon to rally over a proposed immigration bill.

The assembly comes a day after similar rallies were held in major cities around the country to protest increasing penalties for undocumented immigrants and the people who give them jobs.

Local residents were also in the park, however, to support a bill that focuses less on tougher penalties and more on protecting illegal immigrants.

The event, which has been planned for weeks, was one of the largest gatherings in Charlotte in recent history. Organizers planned it to throw massive support behind a Senate bill that gives illegal immigrants a path to citizenship and ensures them equal education. Attendees were asked to sign a petition in favor of the legislation.

Supporters said the United States would not be the same without the work immigrants provide so they deserve these benefits.

“Hispanics labor; we are here and we are working hard; we pay taxes and we encourage the other immigrants to pay taxes, but we need equal rights,” said Enrique Nassar, one of the rally’s organizers.

Rally participants said they oppose Congress’s efforts to solve illegal immigration through tighter border controls.

“It’s going to make it even harder for the Latinos who are trying, who are working, who are trying to go to school and do it the right way; it’s going to be even harder for them,” said attendee Gina Mallay. “I don’t think that’s fair because there is immigrants coming from other countries and they don’t have half the problems Latinos do.”

Rally goers also brought a number of American flags to emphasize their point.

“People in the United States think that we’re not proud to be in America,” said Melissa Muniz. “We’re not saying that we don’t like to be in America, we’re not saying that we’re not happy to be here, we’re just showing our culture; we don’t want to miss that.”

To show their pride in both cultures, organizers led chants alternately in Spanish and in English. Immigration supporters hope their cries are heard not only locally, but across the country as well.

Web Journalist: Lindsay Varner
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Damn lying reporter in Charlotte NC.

Brian, this is another example of news media mobilization toward the illegal alien's cause. Our news media (with some exceptions like Lou) is a seething cesspool of lies and liberalism!

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Morehouse
    we pay taxes and we encourage the other immigrants to pay taxes,
    Total Lie. She's a damn liar. Employers pay them out of petty cash, in currency. There's no paper trail or the books are cooked. All their income is totally tax free. Then they go to the US post office and wire most of their tax-free income straight to Mexico.

Somebody needs to give Ms. Morehouse a "come to Jesus meeting." Council her about lying to the public

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I'm sick of seeing them flaunt their views, tying up traffic, blocking people's business' doors...and how many of these are illegal?

If we are a Nation of laws, as we are told, why wasn't ICE at each and everyone of these gatherings?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I know very few North Carolinians who support illegal immigration. I hope this will get more of them riled to the point of action. Tar Heels may be slow to the fight at times but once we are there we are resolute. We did not get that nickname for nothing!

the United States would not be the same without the work immigrants provide
    Once again they forgot the word ILLEGAL.

Stick in that little ole word and I agree with this statement 150%.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Friends,

I just returned from this rally with some very interesting video footage and some big news. The Charlotte Police had ZERO visible officers at this rally for the first two hours. There were no visible officers or police cars in the park, on the adjacent streets, in the parking lots, or on the roads in and out. I have the video documentation and they sent a few officers three blocks away from their station after I went in and asked to file a formal complaint.

More on this breaking story shortly. Im working on getting the video from the rally loaded online for you now.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh that's great William!

THOUSANDS of illegal aliens show up to protest and there are no police.

20 MinuteMen or SOS gather at a park, monument or restaurant and the police surround them in riot gear.

Now what does that say about the "Fox Watchin' the Hen House"?

That the Fox is Watching the Hen House!!

We are totally unprotected. We are defenseless. We have been sold out hook, line and sinker.

BUT...I agree with mills...the more we see illegal aliens on TEE VEE in big numbers making DEE-MANDS, the more Americans that will want them all DEE-PORTED.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Since you mentioned it, I don't believe I saw any police at any of the "rallies" today.

Very strange. Where they on break with the ICE agents?

had_enuf--"were they on break with the ICE Agents?"

Awhile back there was post on the Charlotte ICE office and there is only ONE AGENT for the Charlotte Region which includes ALL OF NC and possibly some portions of Tennessee.

I expect the ONE ICE AGENT just works his 40 hours like any good government worker on the federal payroll. Some only work 36 hours. Some work 40 but over 4 days. Whatever his schedule, I'm sure it doesn't include Saturdays, especially during an NCAA tournament weekend.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn