Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Three citizens sue for waste of welfare money

This is old but I thought it was very interesting. Look how much it would cost to sue a town for giving away your tax dollars.

Three citizens sue for waste of welfare money
    Three central Kentuckians sued the city of Lexington, the Lexington Health Department, and the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation this morning in the U.S. District Court of Eastern Kentucky for improperly providing welfare benefits to illegal aliens.

The case is a Petition for Writ of Mandate, which any citizen may file for $350 without an attorney, and asks that the defendants be required to follow federal law and stop illegally providing taxpayer-funded benefits to people who are not in this country legally.

Court documents in the case reference specific federal laws regarding verification of eligibility for public benefits, restricting public benefits for unqualified aliens and states that the defendant agencies have ignored those laws.

The petitioners, David Duncan and Wendy Devier of Lexington and Jenean McBrearty of Danville, claim that they filed the suit because they "have no other speedy and effective way to compel the LFUCG and its agencies to stop providing public benefits and services to illegal aliens."

"Removing illegal aliens from the rosters of eligibility will save the Petitioners' and other Kentuckians' taxes and provide more services to legal Kentucky citizens," the petitioners said.

The suit asks for the city of Lexington to be ordered to stop providing benefits to people without valid drivers licenses and Social Security numbers. The suit also asks for the federal government to restrict all federal funds coming into the city of Lexington until the city and all of its agencies are in compliance with federal law.

http://bluegrasspolicy-blog.blogspot.co ... te-of.html

Monday, July 21, 2008
    Landmark lawsuit rocks sanctuary city

Americans who value our freedoms are genuinely proud to see people from around the world risk everything they have to come here for the opportunity to enjoy what we often take for granted.

Few of us, however, include in our definitions of freedom the unfettered ability to live off the efforts of others through welfare and public benefits. Unfortunately, too many of those few who do are elected officials.

For the rest of us, Jenean McBrearty of Danville comes to the rescue today as the author of a lawsuit in federal district court in Lexington. You can get details of the lawsuit here.

McBrearty said inaction by Lexington officials left no choice but to file the lawsuit:

Dr. David Duncan has been a high-profile voice for fiscal responsibility and public safety. He blasted Mayor Jim Newberry for falling short of his public duties in these areas.

The importance of this case will become apparent as citizens come forward and file similar suits in other cities across the state and nation.

THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SHORT VIDEOS AT THIS LINK[/color]

http://kyprogress.blogspot.com/2008/07/ ... -city.html

Sorry, I jumped the gun on this one. When I followed more links I found out the guy lost.

What reasons were given for his loss?

Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    What reasons were given for his loss?
    Here's what I found:

Thursday, December 11, 2008
    No relief from welfare for illegals in Kentucky

U.S. District Court Judge Karl Forester has dismissed Dr. David Duncan's lawsuit against LFUCG and the state of Kentucky for illegally providing welfare benefits to illegal aliens.

Dr. Duncan is considering an appeal, but similar efforts elsewhere have gotten stuck in the same bureaucratic web.

Dr. Duncan said:

"The LFUCG and state will not enforce illegal hiring practices. Neither government will enforce federal immigration laws as demonstrated by Beshear's, Newberry's and Conway's stated policies. Now the door has been closed for one citizen's request for relief from the District court to enforce the laws restricting public benefits to ineligible recipients. My interpretation of these collective practices is that Kentucky and Lexington clearly fit the definition of Sanctuary status and are determined to be safe havens for illegal immigration."

"I've taken this to its logical conclusion for being one voice, one citizen."

"On the local, state, and now the federal level there is the not the political will to stop illegal immigration into Kentucky or address the drug cartels, prostitution, human trafficking, or gangs. I've spoken out on all three levels. The point has been made. There are 4,241,000 Kentuckians and 271,000 Lexingtonians who need to address the issues if they see an existing problem. I think I've carried the water about as far as I can. It would seem that there isn't the majority who will stand up on the issues and carry the water any further. Sadly, we will all suffer the long term negative consequences. Our politicians, at all levels, are content to betray their duty to protect the citizens."

"The cowardice of hiding behind the excuse, "its a federal issue," is both unpatriotic and treasonous. They would, of course, need to know the definition of these two concepts to understand them but, after all, those in Kentucky are products of the failed Kentucky education system. What can you expect?"

"I'll need to give careful consideration to my options but for now I plan to enjoy the holidays with my family. Fortunately, I am fluent in Spanish so the transition to our new Hispanic culture won't be too hard."

posted by Kentucky Progress @ 12/11/2008 08:43:00 AM 9 comments links to this post

http://kyprogress.blogspot.com/2008/12/ ... ls-in.html

This is a prime example of a broken Gov both at the local and federal level. Voting will not solve the problem any longer. We should be looking at what Thomas Jefferson said and look to revolution.

prediction

There will be no changes in local govebnments that hide behind. "It's a federal issue", until some extreme violence will happen. These cowardly officials in governmenet can not expect American citizens to sit and watch the remaining jobs given to illegals.

While I do not support or condone violence as a tool to resolve anything in life, (except self defense), I am sure that hungry Ameircans, losing homes and unable to feed their families will consider it self defense. When it happens, those in power who reject assisting their own citizens may very well be among those who suffer.

Very, very sad to see our country deteriorate this way.

Lets see if these guys can help bring out more of these lawsuits!!

IRLI's offices are located at:
    25 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Suite 335
    Washington DC, 20001

Nearest Metro
    Union Station

Nearest Intersection
    Massachusetts Avenue and North Capitol Street

Parking
    Street parking is available in the area around Massachusettes Avenue.

Telephone
    (202) 232-5590

Fax
    (202) 464-3590

Email
    info@irli.org

We prefer to receive initial requests for assistance via email. Requests submitted by facsimile or in writing are also acceptable, but may take longer to process.

All requests for information and assistance should include the submitter’s name, address, and contact information. IRLI cannot respond to anonymous messages, or forward them to government agencies.

Requests for assistance should include a brief narrative description (800 words maximum) of the immigration enforcement-related problem or case, and list any additional documentation or data available from the submitter.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Lets see if these guys can help bring out more of these lawsuits!!

IRLI's offices are located at:
    25 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Suite 335
    Washington DC, 20001

Nearest Metro
    Union Station

Nearest Intersection
    Massachusetts Avenue and North Capitol Street

Parking
    Street parking is available in the area around Massachusettes Avenue.

Telephone
    (202) 232-5590

Fax
    (202) 464-3590

Email
    info@irli.org

We prefer to receive initial requests for assistance via email. Requests submitted by facsimile or in writing are also acceptable, but may take longer to process.

All requests for information and assistance should include the submitter’s name, address, and contact information. IRLI cannot respond to anonymous messages, or forward them to government agencies.

Requests for assistance should include a brief narrative description (800 words maximum) of the immigration enforcement-related problem or case, and list any additional documentation or data available from the submitter.
    I already sent them information on Oberlin, Ohio, which is about to declare itself a sanctuary city. Also sent information to Judicial Watch.