Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TIM COOK: I'M PERSONALLY SHOCKED THERE'S EVEN A DEBATE ON DACA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TIM COOK: I'M PERSONALLY SHOCKED THERE'S EVEN A DEBATE ON DACA

Tim Cook: I'm'personally shocked' there's even a debate on DACA

by Julia Horowitz @juliakhorowitzSeptember20, 2017: 4:50 PM ET

"Tim Cook on DACA: This is, are we human?

CEOs of top U.S. companies have been very vocal this year. But Tim Cook thinks DACA is their most important battle yet.

"I think it's the biggest issue of our time currently, among all these big issues," the Apple chief said Wednesday during a talk at the Bloomberg Global Business Forum in New York City.

Cook has been an ardent supporter of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which protects young immigrants brought to the U.S. as children from deportation and allows them to work.

President Donald Trump made the decision to end DACA earlier this month. He gave Congress six months to act before it officially expires.

Cook, along with other business leaders, has signed a letter calling for "urgent" action from lawmakers.

"This is unacceptable. This is not who we are as a country. I am personally shocked that there's even a discussion of this," Cook said.

To Cook, preserving DACA is about "basic human dignity and respect."

"When you talk to them, I wish everyone in America loved America this much," he said. "They have jobs. They pay taxes. They're pillars of their communities. They're incredible people."

Cook also spoke about immigration more broadly, discussing the need to keep recruiting skilled workers and top talent to come to the U.S.

Tim Cook: Corporations should have values

"If I were a country leader right now, my goal would be to monopolize the world 'stalent," he said.

Cook said he's entered the political fray this year because he believes that as a chief executive, "silence is the ultimate consent."

This year, he's publicly opposed President Trump's travel ban, his decision to exit the Paris climate accord and his choice to ban transgender people from the military.

"My view has always been that people should have values. Companies are nothing more than a collection of people. So by extension, all companies should have values," he said. "As a CEO, I think one of your primary responsibilities is to decide what the values of your company is, and lead accordingly."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/20/technology/tim-cook-immigration-bloomberg-conference/index.html
    Last edited by Beezer; 09-20-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

I'm so sick of these criminal "values" people, aren't you? They're all dripping in slime and and rotten to the core.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I HOPE "TIM COOK OF APPLE IS SHOCKED" WHEN HIS SALES PLUMMENT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD INTO THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

I DON'T KNOW WHY "TIM COOK OF APPLE IS NOT SHOCKED" BY THE CORRUPTION OF MEXICO AND THEIR DISREGARD FOR THEIR OWN PEOPLE...AND THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

I DON'T KNOW WHY "TIM COOK OF APPLE IS NOT SHOCKED" BY THE FACT THAT THIS IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE THE US TAXPAYERS ARE FACING AND THE UNRELENTING INVASION OF OUR COUNTRY!

I DONT' KNOW WHY "TIM COOK OF APPLE" DOES NOT HAVE AN "URGENT" CALL TO PRESIDENT NIETO OF MEXICO, THE PRESIDENT OF EL SALVADOR, THE PRESIDENT OF GUATEMALA AND HONDURAS...HOW DARE THEY DUMP THEIR PEOPLE OVER THIER BORDERS ONTO THE BACKS OF HARD WORKING AMERICAN CITIZENS!

I DON'T KNOW WHY "TIM COOK OF APPLE" DOES NOT QUESTION THE BASIC HUMANITY AND RESPECT AND VALUES OF MEXICO AND CENTRAL AMERICA ON THEIR OWN CITIZENS!

BOYCOTT TIM COOK AND APPLE! GO PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND GO TO THESE COUNTRIES AND CHALLENGE THEIR "DIGNITY AND RESPECT" FOR THEIR OWN PEOPLE!

UNTIL THEN...SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!

"Tim Cook: Corporations should have values"

------------------------------

YOU have got to be kidding me!

"Apple's forthcoming iPhone 8 will reportedly cost $999"

-------------------

Do not buy it...shop elsewhere...there are PLENTY of phones to choose from!

What companies support American's First???

NOW IS THE TIME TO COME FORWARD AND YOUR PHONE SALES WILL SOAR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!