Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    People need to be MORE OUTRAGED!
    They seem to think that since this is a CITY BUSINESS AFFAIR... That it is CITY/COUNTY Money.
    IT IS FEDERAL MONEY!!!
    American Taxpayer money. I live in South Dakota, and I do not want a PENNY of MY MONEY going to Mexico.

It's sickening when you actually catch them in the act of laundering Federal money into the General Fund for their pet projects! The Mexican mafia is running L.A.!
    So true AM!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Simply amazing....all I can do is shake my head....absconding with more taxpayer funds, this all it amounts to, Just another rip off of your tax dollars.

Looks like your county is aiding in the building of Mexico, with your money, while your state is going to hell. Simply amazing.

When will the maddness end?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

mayor@lacity.org; councilmember.reyes@lacity.org; councilmember.greuel@lacity.org; councilmember.zine@lacity.org; councilmember.labonge@lacity.org; councilmember.weiss@lacity.org; councilmember.cardenas@lacity.org; councilmember.Alarcon@lacity.org; councilmember.Parks@lacity.org; councilmember.Perry@lacity.org; councilmember.Wesson@lacity.org; councilmember.Rosendahl@lacity.org; councilmember.Smith@lacity.org; councilmember.Garcetti@lacity.org; councilmember.Huizar@lacity.org; councilmember.Hahn@lacity.org; contact@lapdonline.org; V8834@lapd.lacity.org; skobina@lapd.lacity.org; molina@bos.lacounty.gov; SecondDistrict@bos.lacounty.gov; zev@bos.lacounty.gov; don@bos.lacounty.gov; FifthDistrict@lacbos.org

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
    District 1 - Ed Reyes
    District 2 - Wendy Greuel
    District 3 - Dennis P. Zine
    District 4 - Tom LaBonge
    District 5 - Jack Weiss
    District 6 - Tony Cardenas
    District 7 - Richard Alarcón
    District 8 - Bernard Parks
    District 9 - Jan Perry
    District 10 - Herb J. Wesson, Jr.
    District 11 - Bill Rosendahl
    District 12 - Greig Smith
    District 13 - Eric Garcetti
    District 14 - José Huizar
    District 15 - Janice Hahn
    Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton
    Police Commision President Anthony Pacheco
    Police Commision Vice President John Mack
    Police Commisioner Andrea Ordin
    Police Commisioner Robert M. Saltzman
    Police Commisioner Alan J. Skobin
    Supervisor Gloria Molina
    Supervisor Yvonne B. Burke
    Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky
    Supervisor Don Knabe
    Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich

Council agenda

http://lacity.org/clk/councilagendas/cl ... 122008.pdf

ITEM NO. (36) - Motion Required
    08-0320 COMMUNICATION FROM CHAIR, ARTS, PARKS, HEALTH AND AGING COMMITTEE relative to a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) for the Guadalajara International Book Fair.

Recommendations for Council action;

SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE MAYOR:

1. AUTHORIZE the General Manager, Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA), to accept a grant award from the NEA in the amount of $1,600,000 for the period of July 1, 2008 through December 31, 2009.

2. AUTHORIZE the General Manager, DCA, or designee, to negotiate and execute a Cooperative Agreement with the NEA on behalf of the City and to submit all necessary paperwork relative to the grant, subject to the City Attorney approval as to form and content (proposed agreement attached to Council file).

3. AUTHORIZE the DCA to expend NEA grant funds for all eligible purposes activities for the period of July 1, 2008 through December 31, 2009.

4. AUTHORIZE the General Manager, DCA, to:
    ......a. Prepare and release a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the design, construction, and implementation of a showcase pavilion in accordance with the requirements of the NEA and the technical and security provisions of the Guadalajara International Book Fair for an amount not to exceed $300,000.
    ......b. Include in that RFP a requirement that the selected firm subcontract with a Mexican construction firm to build and install the showcase pavilion in Guadalajara, as recommended by the NEA.

5. WAIVE the application of City contracting requirements for any subcontracts between the design firm selected pursuant to the aforementioned RFP and Mexican construction firms to construct and install the showcase pavilion in Mexico.

6. AUTHORIZE the Controller to:
    .....a. Establish a new appropriation account within the DCA Grants Trust Fund, Fund No. 337, in a new account to be labeled "Guadalajara Book Fair."
    .....b. Deposit up to $1,600,000 received from the NEA into the newly established account in Fund No. 337, "Guadalajara Book Fair."

7. AUTHORIZE the General Manager, DCA, or designee, to prepare any Controller instructions needed to implement actions approved by the Council and Mayor on matters presented in or deriving from the transmittal, and/or to make necessary technical adjustments, subject to review by the City Administrative Officer; and further, AUTHORIZE the Controller to implement these instructions.

Fiscal Impact Statement: The DCA reports that there is no fiscal impact to the General Fund. This project is entirely funded by the NEA.

Community Impact Statement: None submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Simply amazing....all I can do is shake my head....absconding with more taxpayer funds, this all it amounts to, Just another rip off of your tax dollars.

Looks like your county is aiding in the building of Mexico, with your money, while your state is going to hell. Simply amazing.

Great point SOSADFORUS! Didn't Arnold just reduce the salaries of many state workers to minimum wage because we have no budget? Isn't the State of California in the midst of a "financial crisis?" Yet these morons sitting on the City Council have the authority to give away close to two million dollars of tax payer money to mexico!

Why isn't this against the law!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

Great point SOSADFORUS! Didn't Arnold just reduce the salaries of many state workers to minimum wage because we have no budget? Isn't the State of California in the midst of a "financial crisis?" Yet these morons sitting on the City Council have the authority to give away close to two million dollars of tax payer money to mexico!

its not california tax money given away, its US TAXPAYER MONEY

April
    ACTION ALERT HERE! PLEASE JOIN IN!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-745863.html#745863

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

Never said to was "California" tax payer money. Simply stated it was "tax payer" money."

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

Never said to was "California" tax payer money. Simply stated it was "tax payer" money."
    i guess when i read this
    """Isn't the State of California in the midst of a "financial crisis?" Yet these morons sitting on the City Council have the authority to give away close to two million dollars of tax payer money to mexico!"""

led me to think you thought it was cali tax money.

Thanks for the correction! Still it is all bad..but what the hell our congress just appropriated money to build a museum in another foreign country...they just don't get the big picture...WE ARE BROKE and in NEED OURSELVES!!

<<<" ACTION ALERT 8/12" for>>>
    "Californa and Texas"

We need to contact "Governors Arnie and Ricky"
    Instructions and contact information

http://www.alipac.us/forum-posting.html
    ALSO... Don't forget contributions is what keeps us active at alipac!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast