Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Simply amazing....all I can do is shake my head....absconding with more taxpayer funds, this all it amounts to, Just another rip off of your tax dollars.

Looks like your county is aiding in the building of Mexico, with your money, while your state is going to hell. Simply amazing.

When will the maddness end?
    Great point SOSADFORUS! Didn't Arnold just reduce the salaries of many state workers to minimum wage because we have no budget? Isn't the State of California in the midst of a "financial crisis?" Yet these morons sitting on the City Council have the authority to give away close to two million dollars of tax payer money to mexico!

Why isn't this against the law!!!
    its not california tax money given away, its US TAXPAYER MONEY
    Never said to was "California" tax payer money. Simply stated it was "tax payer" money."
    i guess when i read this
    """Isn't the State of California in the midst of a "financial crisis?" Yet these morons sitting on the City Council have the authority to give away close to two million dollars of tax payer money to mexico!"""

led me to think you thought it was cali tax money.
    No..I would have made that distinction if that were my intent. My comments regarding California in particular are valid since the citizens of California also have to pay Federal taxes, and it is they who are being told this state is in a "financial" crisis.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And they want an increase on sales tax in L.A. county. We'll vote on it in November. Villaraigossa can forget it.

Re: Today: LA City Council wants $1M for Mexican book fair

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    Reported from Walter Moore, Candidate for L.A. Mayor:

The Los Angeles City Council has on its agenda Item No. 36, a motion to obtain a $1.6 million grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.

The money, however, would not be spent in our city, our even our county, or even our nation.

Instead, our City's Department of Cultural Affairs -- funded with your tax dollars -- wants to spend $300,000 to build a "showcase pavillion" in Mexico for the Guadalajara International Book Fair. The remaining $1.3 million would go into a dedicated trust fund, to be used only for the "Guadalajara Book Fair."

The City Council -- the same group that is too busy to vote on Jamiel's Law -- will take up this issue as part of its 10:00 a.m. calendar, in Room 340 at City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, L.A., CA 90012.
    We need a link if this is a news story.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Today: LA City Council wants $1M for Mexican book fair

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    Reported from Walter Moore, Candidate for L.A. Mayor:

The Los Angeles City Council has on its agenda Item No. 36, a motion to obtain a $1.6 million grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.

The money, however, would not be spent in our city, our even our county, or even our nation.

Instead, our City's Department of Cultural Affairs -- funded with your tax dollars -- wants to spend $300,000 to build a "showcase pavillion" in Mexico for the Guadalajara International Book Fair. The remaining $1.3 million would go into a dedicated trust fund, to be used only for the "Guadalajara Book Fair."

The City Council -- the same group that is too busy to vote on Jamiel's Law -- will take up this issue as part of its 10:00 a.m. calendar, in Room 340 at City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, L.A., CA 90012.
    We need a link if this is a news story.
    GOGO. i linked the council agenda and cut and pasted the notes from it.

OK maybe next time for Gen Disc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123