Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I think this could make him a big move up !!!

The problem is - he was ONLY on Neal's show. Neal has a lot on illegal immigration and definitely is against it. His is a business show, so he can only do so much but he is hard hitting when the issue is on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I will vote for

Tom Tancredo
    Duncan Hunter (I am not a happy camper he joined in at this debate)
    Ron Paul (I am not a happy camper he joined in at this debate)

and maybe Lou Dobbs if he jumps into the race

the rest are not worth the clothes on thier backs .. I have no use for them and they lost my vote a while back.

by the way .... the 4 people listed above are the only people in the Presidential debate that do not belong to the CFR.. thats the Republicans and Democrats

For those that do not know, the CFR is a shadow government within the US government
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After watching the movie "The Border" I've made my decision and my vote goes to Tancredo. I like Hunter, but Tancredo and Rohrabacher but there faces out there on that movie long ago. Tom has held this issue up for so long he needs my loyalty as he has given me his.

Wow. I love that he didn't participate. Great interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    After watching the movie "The Border" I've made my decision and my vote goes to Tancredo. I like Hunter, but Tancredo and Rohrabacher but there faces out there on that movie long ago. Tom has held this issue up for so long he needs my loyalty as he has given me his.
    Border is a great documentary, but I don't know if you should base your vote solely on that.

During the end-credits Rep. Steve King's name was scrolled with the other congressmen who did not cooperate with the project.

Now, I spoke with Mr. Buregard after the screening and he told me it wasn't his intention to slight Rep. King's work in Congress-but by running his name along with those of the rest, most of whom are pro-illegal, such as Barack Obama and HRC, he unwittingly gave the impression to some people, who are not familiar with Rep. King's efforts to stop amnesty, that Steve King was in the enemy camp.

So, as good as that film was-and it was a magnificant project, IMO-I don't think you can take everything in it as gospel without doing a bit more investigation.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Shapka are trying to say that the actually testimonies from Simcox and other Minutemen are not true? Are you saying the dead bodies aren't true? Which part do you have a problem with? The stastics? I need specifics. Thanks

MW
    Gogo wrote:

I can't speak to the film because I haven't seen it. However, I do believe you have a false misconception regarding the time and dedication Hunter has contributed to our cause. He has been fighting against illegal immigration and for enhanced border security for almost 28 years. I think it would be fair to say he has physically done more for our cause than any of the current presidential candidates. I'm not taking anything away from Tancredo here, he has done a great job in his 10 years in the U.S. House. However, folks need to understand that Hunter is more of an action guy than Tancredo is. Quite simply, Hunter backs his play with action, not theatrics and/or talk. I'd vote for Tancredo in a heartbeat, however, I have arrived at Hunter as my #1 choice because of the many physical things he has actually done for our cause, not because of the things he says or doesn't say. I think Duncan Hunter has been the loudest and sanest voice in Congress since the 1980s regarding illegal immigration. If any of the candidates could match the following list, I'd gladly consider changing my choice.

- Hunter vociferously dissented on the 1986 amnesty bill and predicted that such an amnesty, without a secure border, would lead to a stampede of illegals dwarfing what had come before. Seems he was right.

- During the 1980's Hunter urged President Reagan to increase the size of the Border Patrol (BP), which the President did.

- Sponsored a bill that would bar legal immigrants from receiving food stamps, housing assistance, Supplemental Security Income and Aid to Families with Dependent Children. Immigrants would have three years to become citizens or lose their benefits. The bill did not pass.

- Pressured the Clinton Administration into building the San Diego border fence. During the first Bush presidency, through the Clinton years and to the present day, Hunter has been the loudest and strongest voice standing up against the federal government's apathy regarding the southern border. It took a Herculean effort for Hunter to secure funding for a new double border fence in his own district, the worst smuggling corridor in the country. The Clinton administration dragged its feet, the EPA tried to scuttle it, and the local left wing activists, Hispanic rights groups and environmentalists fought it every step of the way. But eventually Hunter prevailed, and the San Diego Border fence was built, dropping human and drug smuggling from Mexico in that sector by over 90%. Hunter is like a Pit Bull, when he takes hold of an idea he doesn't let go.

- November 14, 1997: Rep. Hunter announces that the House of Representatives approved FY1998 funding for the INS and Border Patrol. The Commerce, Justice and State Departments FY98 Appropriations Act contains the final allotment of funding ($3.4 million) to complete construction of the triple fence along the San Diego border.

The bill also contains funding for 1,000 new Border Patrol agents. The administration had requested only 500 additional agents for 1998. There are currently 2,450 Border Patrol agents assigned to San Diego County. There are 250 agents assigned to Imperial County (about 80 are temporarily assigned). Appropriations for fence and new agents are in line with legislation authored by Rep. Hunter in recent years.

- January 5, 1998: Rep. Hunter calls on Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs Deborah Lee to release funding for border x-ray machines. At Hunter's direction $7 million was included in the Fiscal Year 1998 Defense bill to fund x-ray detection equipment for the southwest border.

- May 13, 1998: Hunter introduces H.R. 3858, the Border Protection and Infrastructure Act, which is one of 12 bills to be offered by the Speaker's Task Force for a Drug Free America. Stopping the supply of drugs entering into the U.S. is an integral part of the Task Force's battle plan to win the War on Drugs by 2002. Specifically, Hunter's bill authorizes construction of multiple fences along our Southwestern border, increases the level of our Border Patrol forces (to 20,000 agents by the year 2003 --currently there are some 7,600 Border Patrol agents) and mandates minimum sentences and fines for violent/evasive behavior at Ports of Entry.

- August 5, 1998: The House approved fiscal year 1999 funding for the INS and the Border Patrol. The Commerce, Justice and State Departments Appropriations Act reorganizes the funding of the INS by separating naturalization and processing activities from border enforcement, increases the number of Border Patrol agents and funds construction of new facilities.

Provisions which Congressman Hunter included in the bill are---

Funding for 1,000 new Border Patrol agents. This is in line with Rep. Hunter's 1996 legislation which authorized 5,000 new Border Patrol agents over five years. The new agents are to be deployed along the Southwest border in the areas of the highest illegal traffic. 140 new Border Patrol support personnel are also funded. As a result of the impact of ongoing illegal immigration in the Cleveland National Forest, the legislation directs the Department of Justice to work more closely with the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management in the forest and other federal land areas near the Mexican border to protect natural and human resources and provide increased border protection. The bill recommends that the ambulance service pilot project, established last year in Nogales, Arizona, be expanded to Imperial County. Presently, ambulance services are not reimbursable when the victim is an illegal alien. Funding for construction and renovation projects: El Centro Border Patrol Station: $5,603,000 and the El Centro Border Patrol Sector Headquarters: $2,842,000. Planning, site acquisition and design of a new Border Patrol Station in Campo: $424,000. Construction of a new detention facility in El Centro: $4,193,000. Planning, site acquisition and design of a new Border Patrol Service Processing Center in El Centro: $500,000.

- October 30, 1998: In a letter to INS Commissioner Meissner, Congressman Hunter calls for the immediate deployment of additional border enforcement resources to Imperial County. Recent statistics detail that as the number of illegal immigrant apprehensions have dropped by 50% over the past few years in San Diego County (248,604 in 199, apprehensions in Imperial County are up by 568% (226,695 in 199. Yet, there are approximately 2,200 Border Patrol agents currently in San Diego County and only about 330 in Imperial County.

Hunter's letter cites the necessity to get to a total force of 20,000 Border Patrol agents---a proposal supported by the Administration's drug czar Barry McCaffrey, to deploy several hundred more Border Patrol agents to Imperial County, as well as the need to alleviate the burden on the County's resources, which have been stretched as a result of services provided to injured and deceased illegal aliens. As detailed in the letter, several thousand more Border Patrol agents would be available today if not for the Administration's opposition to Congressman Hunter's efforts.

- February 1, 1999: President Clinton’s $1.77 trillion budget released today proposes hiring no new Border Patrol agents next year. Despite a funding level of $4.2 billion in Fiscal Year 2000 for the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) alone, the President’s budget ignores a Congressional mandate for 1,000 new agents next year. Legislation authored by Congressman Hunter in 1996 funded 1,000 new Border Patrol agents per year through the year 2001. [b]“We need to be doing all we can to stop drug smuggling and illegal immigration,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I love Hunter too. I just wish he was more vocal in the news about it. I know how much work he has done. Perhaps he wasn't available at the time of taping. I can only vote for one person. It's always been between Tancredo and Hunter. I do know that Tom has had man death threats because of his vocal stance. I think Tom does more than you think but doesn't make a big deal of it.

I do know that Hunter's family actually goes to the border and helps illegals who are in trouble or dying with water and food. Of course, they also turn them in.

We all have to make our decisions based on information we have. Nothing was taken away from Hunter but I wish he had put his face in front of the camera on this one. If Tom drops out before the primaries I'll vote for Hunter. We'll see.

JAK
    Going through some of my email... I will post ANY response I received regarding the Spanish debate from these candidates!!!

This was the short letter I sent to all of them!

If you participate in the Univision Spanish Debate you are pandering to illegals regardless of any excuse you could give for doing so! If you are legal in this country you are required to KNOW ENGLISH!!! Don't participate in this debate or LOSE MY VOTE!!!!

RESPONSES!!

HUNTER (This is the only one I have received at this point.)

Actually there is no law requiring anyone to speak English. Cong Hunter has represented a heavily Hispanic district for many years and many of them are good conservative people. There are thousands of Spanish speaking citizens of our great country. Whether or not they speak English or Spanish don't you agree that it is best if they completely understand where each candidate stands before casting their vote? Cong Hunter will answer in English and his responses will be translated into Spanish - the same is true for all participants. And of course Cong Hunter's position on the issues will not change because of the audience.

We welcome your continued support.

Michael
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12